Author Topic: Aetheris Pyrism  (Read 37671 times)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
Re: Aetheris Pyrism
« Topic Start: September 18, 2011, 01:35:23 PM »
The fact that Koli chose to use the existing deity-level entities in his religion rather than making up others does not mean that the Manifest Path is not a religion, and I get really tired of that.

Daimon Lords are more powerful than many deities in older cultures.  If you don't like the Path, fine.  Stop trying to say it's not a religion.

And anyone who thinks that the Manifest Path is actually based on logic has bought Koli's propaganda.  I can name a half dozen logical fallacies on every page of the tMP wiki that completely invalidate every facet of the religion.  The best analogue would be some of the math/religion cults.  Look up Pythagoras, for instance.  Supposedly, everything was based on math.  In actuality?  Total bull!@#$.

I mean... I understand it's technically a religion but it's just too perfectly molded to be a political tool (which is the reason it appealed to the all the religion haters in Fissoa) in the sense that it doesn't make anyone have to change anything they are currently doing. It basically boils down to: make your realm bigger. It's kind of (I don't want to draw the parallel too close) like deism: a rejection of the connotations of god while maintaing that god exists.

Anyway, thats my personal beef. I like JPierre's wording of a "handicap" religion in that while the religion can hold you back politically it will add tremendously to the atmosphere.

I don't really want to make a big deal out of it: I trust that you're a genuine dude, Bedwyr  8)
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm