Author Topic: The Balaria Thread  (Read 69635 times)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Re: The Balaria Thread
« Reply #120: February 24, 2013, 04:19:12 PM »
It has taken a while, but I think I’m finally ready to start putting out chapters of the next story set in Balaria. It is called The Pale Rose and it focuses on the childhood of Eleria and Cheid, characters you might remember from Guardian Spirit. If you haven’t read it, don’t worry. You don’t need to have read any of the other novels to get into this one.

So what is the story about? I’ll give you this little sales pitch I came up with(rather hastily I must admit).

Eleria Thraomdan, the imperial princess of Ramyn, is sent to safety after an assassination attempt on her fails. The truth is hidden from her and she is left thinking it is only a routine visit to a place she considers her second home.

Cheid Strihin, the heir of the Strihin family, a family that is tasked with the protection of the imperial princess. To him the princess is a friend, someone he has grown up with. Her arrival at the family estate is nothing unusual for him.

Neither knows what is waiting for them. Neither one knows the pains growing up will bring.

I have to warn you that this is probably one of the darker stories I’ve written. Certainly the darkest one to be set in Balaria. There’s a lot of violence, themes that are pretty hard to go with and some amounts of nudity and sex. So..you’ve been warned, though the first chapter isn’t that bad :)

So, here’s the link: The Pale Rose – Part One

I had a fewer as I did the final edit so I hope I didn’t miss too many mistakes or inconsistencies. It should be fine since I’ve edited it more than a few times. Anyway, I hope you give it a try :)
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.