Author Topic: Disapproving of a class - does it violate the IRs?  (Read 1910 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Disapproving of a class - does it violate the IRs?
« Topic Start: September 21, 2011, 07:16:21 AM »
If I were to (entirely ICly), express disdain for an infiltrator solely because of his choice of class, would I be in violation of the IRs? Keep in mind that I wouldn't be directly telling him not to play the class, just that my character would be disgusted that a noble would stoop so low. I understand that IRs aren't to be touched with a ten foot pole, which is why I'm getting clarification before I develop my characters in that respect.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Zakilevo

Re: Disapproving of a class - does it violate the IRs?
« Reply #1: September 21, 2011, 07:26:08 AM »
I am pretty sure you cannot complain about someone's class.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 21, 2011, 07:42:03 AM »
The game *does* give honor penalties to infils who get exposed... It's not supposed to be viewed highly of, but still...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 21, 2011, 08:12:24 AM »
I don't think there is anything wrong for accusing an infiltrator of being dishonorable, low, etc. for their class-specific actions.

Just as there is nothing wrong with accusing a trader of the same thing for trying to trade on the black market. Or a warrior for killing and raping the peasantry with his troops.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: September 21, 2011, 08:56:37 AM »
There's nothing wrong with IC complaining about infiltrators, as long as you stay clear of telling him to play a different class.