Author Topic: Mentor Points  (Read 3371 times)

m2rt

• Knight
    • View Profile
Mentor Points
« Topic Start: September 22, 2011, 02:03:32 PM »
Are mentor points removed from the game? (DWI)

I became a mentor and have some graduates but no points nor the option to view my points or use them.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Mentor Points
« Reply #1: September 22, 2011, 02:28:07 PM »
i still see 1 leftover mentor points on my bt hero from years ago.

perhaps you just didn't get any points as opposed to points being not given? as in graduates don't mean auto points? they have to rate you well now? can't remember.
firefox

egamma

« Reply #2: September 22, 2011, 08:14:53 PM »
My mentor hasn't received points in quite a while.

m2rt

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 22, 2011, 10:13:54 PM »
i still see 1 leftover mentor points on my bt hero from years ago.

perhaps you just didn't get any points as opposed to points being not given? as in graduates don't mean auto points? they have to rate you well now? can't remember.
I asked them OOC and they told me they gave me a good review.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 22, 2011, 10:20:41 PM »
I asked them OOC and they told me they gave me a good review.

It's no longer as simple as giving a "good review", because students are no longer assigned to individual mentors.

When they end their student period, they are asked to allocate the mentor points they can grant among the mentors in their realm.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 22, 2011, 10:52:15 PM »
It's no longer as simple as giving a "good review", because students are no longer assigned to individual mentors.

When they end their student period, they are asked to allocate the mentor points they can grant among the mentors in their realm.

Cool and positive change :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 22, 2011, 11:03:38 PM »
It's been that way for a long time.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 23, 2011, 05:15:16 PM »
Bleh. I gave up being a mentor.  Most of the new players just ignored me or disappeared after a day or two, and the one guy that stuck around for all the lessons, who asked intelligent questions and who seemed genuinely happy about the game and the information I gave him, deleted his character several hours after the last lesson (without giving any mentor points, of course :P).

egamma

« Reply #8: September 25, 2011, 05:02:01 AM »
Bleh. I gave up being a mentor.  Most of the new players just ignored me or disappeared after a day or two, and the one guy that stuck around for all the lessons, who asked intelligent questions and who seemed genuinely happy about the game and the information I gave him, deleted his character several hours after the last lesson (without giving any mentor points, of course :P).

That's more or less my experience--a couple may have stuck around, but I haven't seen any points.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 26, 2011, 03:27:58 PM »
I ran a mentor character on EC in Perdan for quite a long time. To do it properly takes a LOT of work. It's very frustrating putting all that work into it, and seeing the players quit, leave, ignore you, or just simply disappear. I'm not sure if the addition of the Mentor/Student channel really helped. The channel wasn't truly a full two-way channel. Students could send to all Mentors, and Mentors could send to all students. But in order to work best, it needed the ability for both mentors and students to send messages to all Mentors *and* Students, and to have that be the default. Get a true working channel going.

Also, I wonder if a true continent-wide mentor/student channel might work. It would take some doing in order to prevent unsavory players from abusing it and exploiting the newbies for spying purposes. But it would definitely expand the available pool of mentors to help students.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.