Author Topic: What realm should I join?  (Read 33948 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: What realm should I join?
« Reply #15: September 24, 2011, 10:40:35 PM »
Enweil - Once a huge power on BT, overthrowing governments with their awesome military power to establish democracies and republics, but they've hit harder times since the last invasion.  Contrary to a certain person's propaganda, they were starting to weaken militarily pre-Invasion as well.  Not sure on the status of their RP.

Between the third and fourth-invasion, Enweil held off a gang-bang from Mesh, Hetland, Sint, and Heen, all while worrying about their southern border with Riombara. They had also succeeded in bringing Riombara down to nothing but their capital before the gang-bang occured, and then when they fought again, they had managed to penetrate deep in Dominion of Alluran lands after this realm sided with Riombara against Enweil. When fighting against Riombara, in all of this period, Riombaran and Alluran troops fought Enweil in Enweil's lands only once or twice, as opposed to the countless battles in Riombaran lands. Enweil's total CS was also continuously increasing during these periods. So despite what some people like to fool themselves with, Enweil was quite a military power in the fourth age. Not so much right now, though. Very little RP.

Fronen -  The Old Man of Beluaterra, Fronen was also once a military might, but the Invasion had seen many of their allies crushed into dust or switching sides when leaders change.  They had the misfortune to have had a leader who lacked any and all tact before old enemies charged against Fronen.  From my understanding, they once had a bit of RP, but don't know about now.  They certainly have opportunity for it.

"Old Man"? The hell? The new Fronen has nothing at all to do with the old Fronen, except for the name. I've been part of both, and very involved in the creation of the second version from behind the scenes. All of the old Fronen nobles went to Rio and stayed there when people from Avalon "recreated" the realm. This new realm started quite small and it took a lot of time and battles for it to increase in might. They started with Vur Hagin as their biggest and only city, and that goes to say a lot. No idea on how RP is in there nowadays.

Imperskoe Viys'ko iz Fheuv'na - IVF, aka Enweil, Jr. or Enweil West, is supposedly a theocracy.  No idea what faith they are.  RP is also unknown.

Imperskoe Viys'ko iz Fheuv'na, or Fheuv'n, was born from the secession of Iato from Enweil when Riombara stated it would declare war on Enweil. Basically, it is made-up of the more active Enweilian nobles of the time who felt they were being muzzled by a risk-averse initiative-lacking oligarchy, plus the new nobles that were recruited to the duchy during the preparation phase prior to the secession. It was founded with clear religious doctrine, but no official in-game religion, because 1) there's none to my liking and 2) there's no reason one would have to use IG religions over purely RP-ed religions. Since the secession, we have also established different rules and laws to distinguish ourselves, measures we could not take as a duchy in Enweil. The general theme is cossack-based, and we have the Creed of the Cossacks that all government members must swear to prior to running for office, but it's more of a tool for RP than a strict set of rule forcing everyone to RP their nobles as the cossacks of the real world lived. There are also laws on religions, with a long list of banned faiths, but overall the realm is still rather new and many things have yet to be determined. As for "jr.", while it is true that we are much smaller than Enweil in terms of land, in our joint attack against Fwuvoghor our army was actually superior to Enweil's, having reached 7000 mobile CS for 14 nobles from 7 regions. Our military might is almost always superior to Nothoi's, a realm slightly larger, with wealthier regions and a much bigger city. Indeed, when we fought there, we crushed them. We are also a realm that believes a lot in looting. However, two separate bugs have prevented us from doing any of it in both of our campaigns. I am quite eager for this to be fixed... There are no "council" message group, so everything that is shared is shared with everyone. There aren't many messages tagged as RPs, but there are several people involved in developing a unique culture for the realm.

Income averages out at about 115 gold per nobles, usually going around 90-100 gold or so for nobles aligned to rurals. We also have many adjacent rogue regions that we plan on expanding to.

Furthermore, we have declared a jihad on Sint and Riombara, the former also bringing us to war against Nothoi (which we fought) and Old Grehk (which we didn't). I don't see any peace for Fheuv'n until the next invasion, which will likely bring us different kinds of fighting. We are allied to Enweil (which combined with the blight offers us good cover) and Fronen.

Obviously there's going to be some bias, but there's still more than a grain of truth hidden in it. I'm just looking at general trends that everyone's agreeing on.
The wiki, I've found, is basically hopelessly out of date, especially for Beluaterra.

Indeed, our wiki was intentionally a stub because we wanted to remain discrete as we dealt with the crazy rogue spawns from when we seceded and then built up an army. Haven't had the time to fill it up since our diplomatic stances were revealed.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron