Author Topic: Automatic Caravans  (Read 2610 times)

egamma

Automatic Caravans
« Topic Start: September 30, 2011, 02:12:47 PM »
Dwilight, D'Hara.
From Raviel to Port Raviel. Automated caravans sent out 3 days ago, 2 days ago, 1 day ago. For some reason, all 3 caravans arrived at the exact same time.

Caravan Report   (7 hours, 51 minutes ago)

Your caravan to Port Raviel has arrived at its destination. (Due to an error, no trade could be made)
    Your caravan to Port Raviel has arrived at its destination. (Due to an error, no trade could be made)
    Your caravan to Port Raviel has arrived at its destination. 100 bushels of food were sold for a price of 50 gold.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:15:16 PM by egamma »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Automatec Caravans
« Reply #1: September 30, 2011, 03:39:56 PM »
Yes, there was a bug with automated caravans that caused their routes to be set as empty.  I found the cause and fixed it in the code, but that still left a bunch of caravans with no idea where they were supposed to be going.

I fixed it the quick and dirty way, by telling them, "Well, you go straight from where you started out to your destination, then back again" ;)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 01, 2011, 03:55:46 PM »
there was a bug with automated caravans that caused their routes to be set as empty.  I found the cause and fixed it in the code, but that still left a bunch of caravans with no idea where they were supposed to be going.

i also get ocasional reports of some silly caravan going to some random region in Dwilight (even all up north), beeing robed by monsters and the such.
Could this also be due to this fix?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 01, 2011, 05:14:05 PM »
i also get ocasional reports of some silly caravan going to some random region in Dwilight (even all up north), beeing robed by monsters and the such.
Could this also be due to this fix?

Nope, that's a separate bug.  Found it yesterday, and...I'm not sure if I committed the fix.  I'll have to take a look.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic Caravans
« Reply #4: October 01, 2011, 05:48:50 PM »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 01, 2011, 06:01:15 PM »
you also saw this Tim?
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,1366.0.html

Yes, and I think it's a little trickier.  Not directly related to either of these bugs, though  ::)
Timothy Collett

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 01, 2011, 06:42:46 PM »
Yes, and I think it's a little trickier.  Not directly related to either of these bugs, though  ::)

ow joy, even more bug hunting for you! ;)