Author Topic: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?  (Read 80050 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?
« Reply #135: December 03, 2011, 09:31:59 PM »
Just one correction, the war was really started by Farnese and Rodiriz making some serious miscalculations and Ryeena not catching onto the fact that they were doing so.

Which war are you referring to?  The only one that I meant Wilson started was the one under Octavio that broke out over Niel.  He kept the civil wars going, but didn't start them, and I'm not aware of anything in particular that he did to start the current war with Arcaea.

I'm thoroughly impressed by it. Though my character has attributed it all to Jenred and has now a great respect for him, poor Wilson :P

Jenred's encouraging Wilson to write a book about it.  And you wouldn't believe how many things that have been attributed to Jenred are more like this.  Jenred is without a doubt the luckiest character I have ever played in any game.  He essentially became a devout member of the MAE because he was so incredibly lucky that the only explanation he could come up with is that he was favoured by a deity of some kind, and that belief has continued to be reinforced over the years.

His main talent, in point of fact, is seizing on unexpected scenarios without getting bogged down in old plans.  Most of his infamous spy network was composed of people who spontaneously contacted him with information, every war (and I mean every war, I can't think of a single exception) he's fought has been won by the other side screwing up in some spectacular fashion allowing him to take advantage of it, and every time some situation arises it turns out that one of his old friends just happens to have some way to help.

Some days I seriously wonder if some minor deity of RPG's really is looking out for him.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"