Author Topic: Accusations of cheating  (Read 33410 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Accusations of cheating
« Topic Start: October 04, 2011, 08:42:55 PM »
From the Social Contract posted on the Wiki:

Do not publicly accuse anyone of cheating, abuses or violations of this contract without proof or evidence.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Social_Contract

I would say that the reported incident is a fairly clear cut violation of this clause. More to the point, even if the players making the accusations actually do have evidence, airing it to the entire realm in OOC discussion is not the appropriate course of action. The evidence, if any, should be submitted to the Titans for investigation. However, right now I'm not sure about whether this applies to the second player. It looks like he was quoting from someone else, then stating his opinion concerning the allegations, rather than making any accusations himself. It would be the original message he quoted that would be problematic from the standpoint of the social contract.

As to Nathan's question, I don't know that a separate case is needed just yet. Certainly the ruling can be applied to more than one person if that is deemed appropriate.

While he is not being accused of cheating or of abuses, he is being a target of an unsupported public accusation of foul play. As such, as per the same article cited by others, I do not find this to be acceptable behavior.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron