Author Topic: Religious power rankings  (Read 45319 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Religious power rankings
« Reply #75: June 13, 2012, 08:03:00 AM »
This mindset starts with the presumption that conflict is bad, when in fact conflict is what makes the game interesting. The adherents of different religions in your realm ought to be competing for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do that. I wish more people used religion as a way to set goals for their characters and tried to promote the growth and prosperity of their religion the same way they try to promote the growth and prosperity of their realm.

This. This this this this this this this this this this this. Are you reading this? Because this. Simply and passionately, this. In fact, a redaction of this is going to be Sorraine's new member's notice.

Why doncha take em both at the same time! Surely a god favored realm like Sorraine doesn't need to worry about feeble stats like noble count, when deciding to take on realms!

With OW, it'll probably be 'taking.' With PoZ, its more or less destroying and allowing say... Cathay to take it. I don't want anything further south other than Isular and Topenah, the latter being a near impossibility. :(. This is the other reason why PoZ can wait.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:06:03 AM by Arundel »
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus