Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1039300 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1335: August 22, 2012, 10:15:31 PM »
Crusade also exists in many other languages. Cruzada, Croisade, Crusada, Crusad, etc. Its pretty universal and not even the original term...

Origin of CRUSADE
blend of Middle French croisade & Spanish cruzada; both ultimately from Latin cruc-, crux cross
First Known Use: circa 1708

I'm pretty sure the Crusades were long, long before 1708 and thus Crusade is not even the original term used at the time of the actual Crusades. It has been called by many, many names, Crusade simply being the 'modern' Christian equivalent of the same universal idea.

It is a military Campaign shadowed by religious connotations. Simple enough for anyone to understand.

I also don't see the issue with using Crusade since that's a very Catholic term and SA is so heavily reminiscent of Catholicism that its not even funny anymore. Just go with the flow, folks. Crusade, Jihad, Purge, Holy War, Campaign, Divine Cleansing, Hammering, Smiting, blitz, movement, call it what you will.

It doesn't matter who does or doesn't speak English as their first language (mine was Portuguese, just for the record), what matters is whoever is running the RP and what THEY wish to call it. If I want to call my religion's military campaign the Divine Hammering or the Cleaning or Blitzkrieg or Crusade or Inquisition, what does it matter as long as we're RPing and having fun. ;-) They all mean the same exact thing anyway: military campaign with religious rather than strategic leanings. In other words, war for faith rather than gold or territory, though in the end it usually comes out to the same exact thing really.

C'mon, lighten up and have your fun RPing folks :-)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:17:02 PM by Ehndras »
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.