Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1043104 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #4050: July 21, 2014, 06:04:39 PM »
I am totally fine with the CoB being around. Human sacrifices and drug usage make for a very interesting religion. Such religions exist in many works of fiction. It is my belief, however, that a religion that revolves around any controversial topic or any topic considered negatively by modern mainstream standards is unlikely to achieve the kind of wide spread acceptance SA has.

Also, while I do not suggest that BM be rated G I do think it best to remember that some kids DO play. I have even considered getting my own kids involved one day and I would hate for people to write in a manner only suitable for mature adult audiences (perhaps immature adult audiences would be worse?).

As far as separating the fiction from ones personal views, I doubt anyone can manage this 100%. Besides, some people have had to deal with serious physical/emotional/mental distress/damage and even reading about similar events can really impact them. So in all honesty, should someone object with a particular fictional element I have introduced (I have introduced a few controversial RPs) and am asked to tone it down, I give my fellow player the benefit of the doubt and respect their request and do not suggest that they grow up, accept that BM is not a kids game and that they have problems if they can not immerse themselves in the awesomeness of my RPs.

I am not saying you would do otherwise, but I am saying your comment could be seen as harsh. On with the fun!