Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042905 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #4050: July 21, 2014, 07:06:41 PM »
Reply to all of above,

In regards to the hippy munchy thing, we have no intention of doing that or ever allowing it. In regards to the drugs etc. I used to live in Asia where they chew Betel Nut. When people started saying that the tomb islands was tropical I thought about the flora and fauna of the area and used it in my roleplay. Originally bloodmoon was merely a stimulant. Then I started thinking about DUNE and the mentats and their purple lips and using the 'spice' to transcend reality and strategy to quicken the mind etc. thats where it comes from and bloodmoon essentially based off of the 'spice' of Frank Herberts books. It was also a way to address the fact that if SA gets to worship little red stars in the sky what level of low fantasy are we playing in? Are we allowed certain realistic elements of 'fantasy'? Is it a stretch to think that the islanders of middle Dwilight would use the local flora for cooking? Would they only eat European cuisine? Would their skin be darker?

Originally the idea of Bloodmoon was to be a guild if drug addled strategists that work for the different kingdoms. It wasnt until I figured religion could do the same thing that we founded the cult.

As for becoming 'popular' or the 'norm' we arent really concerned with that. What we want is to influence the culture of Dwilight long term and add 'spice' to the environmrmt to encourage imaginstive roleplay that transcends run of the mill euro-centric knights in shining armour roleplay.

And in rebuttal.. You have issues with drugs in a roleplaying game yet have no issues with graphic accounts of violence in battles?
We live lives in beautiful lies...