Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042741 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2445: March 18, 2013, 09:00:22 PM »
I prefer the Luria D'hara discourse to the Terran/Glaumring, Aurvandil/Terran, Glaumring/SA, Glaumring/Glaumring....
We use a bit more reasoning? Or is it because Luria D'hara actually involves you?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446: March 18, 2013, 09:02:45 PM »
Well at the very least you and Chenier don't resort to circular glaumring logic and preposterous claims. 
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447: March 18, 2013, 09:12:00 PM »
Well at the very least you and Chenier don't resort to circular glaumring logic and preposterous claims.
That's good. By the way, I see several of Luria's views as semi-idiotic, but I do see how you got them. (Not supposed to be an insult.)
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448: March 18, 2013, 09:13:05 PM »
That's good. By the way, I see several of Luria's views as semi-idiotic, but I do see how you got them. (Not supposed to be an insult.)

The reverse is true, I assure you.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449: March 18, 2013, 09:17:23 PM »

Well, if you're given deeply incomplete (and often highly biased) information, but demanded to form opinions anyway, naturally some of them will look idiotic from the perspective of someone who knows the whole story.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450: March 18, 2013, 09:33:00 PM »
The reverse is true, I assure you.
Feel free to state whatever views of D'hara you find idiotic.
― G.K. Chesterton

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451: March 18, 2013, 09:46:15 PM »
Feel free to state whatever views of D'hara you find idiotic.

Well there was that discussion in the moot when orders from Aurvandil leaked about them preparing to assault Barca, and as a part of of the orders Aurvandillian nobles were told not to enter D'hara. IMMEDIATELY D'harans began spouting conspiracy theories how that Order was indicative of an imminent attack on D'hara, and that everyone should move to protect D'haran lands. For starters.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452: March 18, 2013, 09:54:18 PM »
Well there was that discussion in the moot when orders from Aurvandil leaked about them preparing to assault Barca, and as a part of of the orders Aurvandillian nobles were told not to enter D'hara. IMMEDIATELY D'harans began spouting conspiracy theories how that Order was indicative of an imminent attack on D'hara, and that everyone should move to protect D'haran lands. For starters.
Chenier being an idiot is only one D'haran. Any more views, preferably those that don't only include Machiavel in it?
― G.K. Chesterton

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453: March 18, 2013, 09:59:51 PM »
Chenier being an idiot is only one D'haran. Any more views, preferably those that don't only include Machiavel in it?

Rynn's fear of a blind woman willing to kill him personally?
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454: March 18, 2013, 10:03:40 PM »

Machiavel wasn't the only involved in the discussion, and that was a time where I was getting almost 200 messages a day, so I'm not digging that deep for names.

I could name several incidents. Aiding Luria Vesperi, agreeing to their suicidal strategy of attacking in waves... The D'haran proclamations of "Great Victories" over Solaria (when in truth, it was a noble or two who arrived ahead of time), demanding Girich be handed over for restitution after the destruction of Luria Vesperi, D'hara in general wondering why Luria was so hostile when Rynn refused to hand over the defecting Vesperian regions...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455: March 18, 2013, 10:17:17 PM »

Machiavel wasn't the only involved in the discussion, and that was a time where I was getting almost 200 messages a day, so I'm not digging that deep for names.

I could name several incidents. Aiding Luria Vesperi, agreeing to their suicidal strategy of attacking in waves... The D'haran proclamations of "Great Victories" over Solaria (when in truth, it was a noble or two who arrived ahead of time), demanding Girich be handed over for restitution after the destruction of Luria Vesperi, D'hara in general wondering why Luria was so hostile when Rynn refused to hand over the defecting Vesperian regions...
We didn't really agree to attack in waves, there was confusion with the leaders and LV attacked in waves with one D'haran while the rest of the D'harans sat there. Aiding LV was due to Rynn wanting to be honorable and not abandon his ally right after they declared war for him. Also, Girich was less of a demand more of a bargaining chip, ie we remove that clause and look like we gave something up in negotiations. If you actually let us have we would have been happy, but as others within D'hara said, it backfired as you just got insulted over it. Also, I doubt there was another D'haran arguing for that, though I can't be sure and am not asking you look for names, its not a huge issue. As to the defection, we weren't surprised but you were being a bit overly pissy. Within in the turn the defection happened I am pretty sure Rynn said he was going to have to give them back, but Tybalt took forever.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:19:57 PM by Penchant »
― G.K. Chesterton

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456: March 18, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »
We didn't really agree to attack in waves, there was confusion with the leaders and LV attacked in waves with one D'haran while the rest of the D'harans sat there. Aiding LV was due to Rynn wanting to be honorable and not abandon his ally right after they declared war for him. Also, Girich was less of a demand more of a bargaining chip, ie we remove that clause and look like we gave something up in negotiations. If you actually let us have we would have been happy, but as others within D'hara said, it backfired as you just got insulted over it. Also, I doubt there was another D'haran arguing for that, though I can't be sure and am not asking you look for names, its not a huge issue. As to the defection, we weren't surprised but you were being a bit overly pissy. Within in the turn the defection happened I am pretty sure Rynn said he was going to have to give them back, but Tybalt took forever.

Rynn attempted to hang onto the regions "at least until falkirk is dealt with" he claimed. Then proceeded to claim he couldn't possibly come and hand them over because he possessed one of the largest units on all of Dwilight. Which wasn't factual. Alice did come across a little harsh, but Rynn came across as completely stubborn and childish. I mean who demands a woman bears their children if they fail to live up to a treaty and expects to be taken seriously?

Girich was insulting, because from our point of view D'hara is/was completely incapable of holding the region, or even taking it save through a major fluke.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457: March 18, 2013, 11:12:15 PM »
And you're entirely welcome to your opinion on that.

Not so much on the fact that SA absolutely, 100% had a huge involvement in the war between us.

Okay, let's agree that this is a matter of perspective.  ;)

SA had nothing to do on D'Hara's side, but may had a lot to do with what the Lurian side decided to do, how and when.

Do you trust Aurvandil? I don't!  ;D

Yea, I'm paranoid about sea attacks...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458: March 18, 2013, 11:39:30 PM »
How many realms broadcast realm wide orders that are a complete and total lie? Overly Paranoid.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459: March 18, 2013, 11:46:46 PM »
How many realms broadcast realm wide orders that are a complete and total lie? Overly Paranoid.

I've known it to happen...

And hey, look at who shared it... JONSU. And to whom? ALL members of the 'moot, not just full members, or elders, or the generals or rulers of conerned realms. When you have sensitive info like that, you usually don't show it all around like that...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron