Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042662 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2460: March 19, 2013, 12:27:44 AM »
Well, if you're given deeply incomplete (and often highly biased) information, but demanded to form opinions anyway, naturally some of them will look idiotic from the perspective of someone who knows the whole story.

On the other hand, if you're given the whole story, naturally some of your views will look idiotic from the perspective of someone who has only a biased account to go by.

Idioticness of opinions is a very bad measure.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461: March 19, 2013, 12:57:38 AM »
On the other hand, if you're given the whole story, naturally some of your views will look idiotic from the perspective of someone who has only a biased account to go by.

Idioticness of opinions is a very bad measure.

That's pretty much my point.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462: March 19, 2013, 05:09:44 AM »
So is there a system in place for assisting non-SA realms to implement SA as their state religion? Like, can I get military backing and funding? Maybe some priests?
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463: March 19, 2013, 05:14:27 AM »
So is there a system in place for assisting non-SA realms to implement SA as their state religion? Like, can I get military backing and funding? Maybe some priests?

Rent-A-Crusade?

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464: March 19, 2013, 05:14:54 AM »
I'm sure some elders would be happy to oblige  ;)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465: March 19, 2013, 05:15:57 AM »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466: March 19, 2013, 06:05:03 AM »
Rent-A-Crusade?

lol, qft, but isn't that religion's true purpose anyway?

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467: March 19, 2013, 04:18:31 PM »

If you steal armies from the war on Asylon, I will be most displeased.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468: March 19, 2013, 04:21:15 PM »
So is there a system in place for assisting non-SA realms to implement SA as their state religion?
What kind of assistance do you really need? Just make the declaration and you're done, right? ;)

Like, can I get military backing and funding? Maybe some priests?
Oh, I see. You're anticipating internal unrest and armed resistance to the declaration. :p
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469: March 19, 2013, 04:27:38 PM »
Oh, I see. You're anticipating internal unrest and armed resistance to the declaration. it will be fun :p

I can't wait!

OTOH, it seems this should be said IC, does it not?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470: March 19, 2013, 05:09:35 PM »

You are going to need more armies... Guaranteed.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471: March 19, 2013, 06:56:19 PM »
Oh, I see. You're anticipating internal unrest and armed resistance to the declaration. :p

Potentially. I don't leave things to chance.

Displease you? I would never!  ::)
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2472: April 13, 2013, 08:36:28 PM »
*beats the dust out of the thread with a cat* Ahem.

News of sorts, I guess. Gustav has expressed his wish to leave the church. Only to find that the bureaucracy was incredibly thick and slow-witted, leaving him stuck in a mire of paperwork and exasperation. No amount of cajouling and threats can persuade them to make the process faster, as if one bureaucrat falls, two more step in with piles of paperwork regarding the death of said person and his arrangements.(Yay for bugs...)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473: April 13, 2013, 09:15:24 PM »
Whats the bug specifically causing/doing?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2474: April 13, 2013, 09:46:16 PM »
Just won't let me leave the church when I try to. It is already listed on the bugtracker. I just thought I would speak of it in my own idiosyncratic manner here.