Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045703 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2475: April 13, 2013, 09:50:13 PM »
Just won't let me leave the church when I try to. It is already listed on the bugtracker. I just thought I would speak of it in my own idiosyncratic manner here.
Like you click leave SA and nothing happens or what? And really nice roleplay with it.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2476: April 13, 2013, 10:31:39 PM »
Well that and an error message appears on the temple page. D:

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477: April 14, 2013, 05:02:08 AM »
Well that and an error message appears on the temple page. D:
Duh, the bloodstars are trying to give you a sign to stay in the church instead of leaving it because we need more like you, not less. Gustav should totally run for consul. I am considering it.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2478: April 14, 2013, 07:46:49 AM »
Duh, the bloodstars are trying to give you a sign to stay in the church instead of leaving it because we need more like you, not less. Gustav should totally run for consul. I am considering it.

Your wish is my command. I blame you.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479: April 14, 2013, 07:53:20 AM »
Your wish is my command. I blame you.
Great letter, and that's the funniest thing ever. There is a crappy bureaucracy, so I can't leave and thus will run for consul, to improve the bureaucracy (and maybe leave then?). Gustav seems to actually care about the church, or at minimum, care about making the church less annoying with everyone getting attacked just for saying something.
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2480: April 14, 2013, 08:04:55 AM »
Of course he cares about the Church. Unfortunately, the way he sees it is that much of it just seems to beyond his ability to save, and nothing beyond the word of the Prophet could turn it around.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481: April 15, 2013, 06:54:02 PM »
Of course he cares about the Church. Unfortunately, the way he sees it is that much of it just seems to beyond his ability to save, and nothing beyond the word of the Prophet could turn it around.

Gustav, the Martin Luther of SA?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2482: April 15, 2013, 07:04:58 PM »
Gustav, the Martin Luther of SA?

<.<

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483: April 15, 2013, 09:05:19 PM »
Gustav is just as frustrated with SA as I am. Most of the current elders only care aboUt the theocracies and how they can control the other realms.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484: April 15, 2013, 09:06:44 PM »
Gustav is just as frustrated with SA as I am. Most of the current elders only care aboUt the theocracies and how they can control the other realms.

Erm... a whole lot of those Elders aren't even in Theocratic realms. I wonder if people sounded them out as to their opinions?  ;)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485: April 15, 2013, 10:09:17 PM »
From inside the Elder circle, it sounds the exact opposite. The elders seem all gung-ho about controling the crap out of the theocracies, while leaving the other realms untouched. A bit of hypocrisy, really, since they aren't members of theocracies.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486: April 15, 2013, 10:42:33 PM »
The changing of the charter really surprised me.  It didn't include much of what had been discussed in the past and seemed to include mostly new stuff about controlling the Theocracies. 

Maybe it should be changed more to include a section about how some of the Elder positions should be limited to Theocractic members only
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487: April 15, 2013, 11:00:47 PM »
Most of it wasn't so much changing things, but in clarifying and codifying lots of ambiguities. The original was pretty slipshod, and missing a lot of detail.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488: April 15, 2013, 11:33:50 PM »
All in all, Theocracies have lost a lot of their power in the church over the years.   Would be nice to see them get some of it back rather than being shackled even more.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489: April 15, 2013, 11:47:15 PM »
Power in exchange for converts.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron