Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045708 times)

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2625: April 19, 2013, 02:58:09 AM »
It's not just the Elders, they have snubbed the Prophet. When the Prophet declared that Allison couldn't come back to the theocracies, FR said that didn't apply to them because they weren't a theocracy, and allowed her in. They actually decided to /vote/ on whether or not to comply with the Prophet's decree for the theocracies.

Not true no such vote ever happened. We voted on limiting Allison from senatorship.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626: April 19, 2013, 03:12:30 AM »
Not true no such vote ever happened. We voted on limiting Allison from senatorship.
You are not really helping yourself with that comment, though I suppose its better than actuallying voting on whether or not to follow his orders. Now you can just claim impulsive decision to disregard changed after thinking about it, O wait no, FR was stupid and said they did it for personal reasons, doesn't matter if it wasn't the only reason, it was a really dumb thing to say.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627: April 19, 2013, 03:47:18 AM »
That's even worse than I thought. You deliberately thumb your nose at the Prophet's decree, when all the real theocracies comply (though at least one does not agree but complies anyway), yet claim to be a theocracy and demand theocratic privileges... FR needs to learn to accept the responsibilities if they want to claim the privileges.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628: April 19, 2013, 04:26:08 AM »
I shoulda joined Morek which was my original plan with Allison.  Woulda made things a lot more interesting for SA.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629: April 19, 2013, 05:03:42 AM »
Not really. Morek would have kicked you out. (And you couldn't really join Morek, because you had a ban from there.)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2630: April 19, 2013, 05:47:18 AM »
I think the key word in the Prophets statement was that he counseled other realms from letting her in. He did not forbid it outside of theocracies, probably with an unsaid implication that Allison would be the realm's undoing that took her in, barring any actions by the church. At least that's what I read from it.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631: April 19, 2013, 05:57:09 AM »
I think the key word in the Prophets statement was that he counseled other realms from letting her in. He did not forbid it outside of theocracies, probably with an unsaid implication that Allison would be the realm's undoing that took her in, barring any actions by the church. At least that's what I read from it.

So, you took her in anyway... Against the prophets word. And you agree Farronite isn't a theocracy  ;)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632: April 19, 2013, 06:19:46 AM »
*grumble*

The Austere and the Auspicious share some of the same responsibilities, but not exactly the same. I made it a point to bitch about this during the most recent revision of the Charter and it got nowhere. I wonder why, Vellos? ;-P

Bro.

Erasmus la Pointe stabbed me and I've been bleeding out for four days.

Give a guy a little slack.

Also: I did notice the call for reviewing the roles of the offices. And very much ignored it. When people started calling to review offices, I stopped working on the charter and talking about it for like two weeks. By the time I brought it back up, we HAD TO RUSH SO FAST BECAUSE OF CONSUL ELECTIONS! So no time to talk about offices, golly, naw, we'll just solve all that in a good natured chat later on!

I'm just gonna say I'm really proud of the new Charter. Hireshmont managed to sneak in a lot of fun things in it that people will be realizing, I hope, for a long time to come.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633: April 19, 2013, 06:41:58 AM »
I'm just gonna say I'm really proud of the new Charter. Hireshmont managed to sneak in a lot of fun things in it that people will be realizing, I hope, for a long time to come.

Henhouse, meet wolf.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634: April 19, 2013, 06:55:37 AM »
@ all the Khari haters...

What I really think is great about this game is there is no good guys and bad guys, its all a matter of perspective. And its nice to see the veteran roleplayers who can keep IC and OOC separate as I think I can. Though I am somewhat biased to Kharis side....

Yes FR is a republic and that is not likely to change in the near future, but it still willingly follows all the points of article XI as outlined for the theocracies which I am almost certain no other non theocracy does.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635: April 21, 2013, 12:41:04 AM »
NO ONE IS FORCING FR TO BE A THEOCRACY.

Perhaps this is the real problem?
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636: April 21, 2013, 01:00:30 AM »
Perhaps this is the real problem?

Morek sent an army against Asylon recently. They made it to Kid's Rock and then all their men deserted them. Golden Farrow is even further away from Morek's capital, so you must be implying that Astrum needs to do something about it. How convenient that the loudest voices for systemic oppression are also the furthest away from the political realities of the area.

That or they, y'know, live in single-region "realms" and hurl a lot of stones from their proverbial glass house while begging their targets for food.

vvv There's nothing systematic about SA's oppression, but it is systemic. *Pedantic ass.*
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:26:10 AM by Marlboro »
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637: April 21, 2013, 01:23:12 AM »
I'm not suggesting details, just putting in the good word for systematic oppression. Because it seems like no one ever sticks up for systematic oppression anymore.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638: April 21, 2013, 06:32:28 AM »
I'm not suggesting details, just putting in the good word for systematic oppression. Because it seems like no one ever sticks up for systematic oppression anymore.

Right? Why does everyone always want to fight the system, anyway? SLAVERY IS FREEDOM!

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639: April 21, 2013, 07:42:46 AM »

That or they, y'know, live in single-region "realms" and hurl a lot of stones from their proverbial glass house while begging their targets for food.

vvv There's nothing systematic about SA's oppression, but it is systemic. *Pedantic ass.*

lol.

FEED ME!

Or else the evil Farronites will annex me.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner