Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045481 times)

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2700: May 19, 2013, 02:11:30 AM »
Lets say Phantaria continues the fight and Astrum send in troops. Asylon would not be far behind in striking Astrum, thus pulling Astrum from the Terran field. In that scenario, and with D'Hara and Farronite, in say a less than desired level by the theocracies, this could turn into a huge melee by lots of powers.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701: May 19, 2013, 02:45:48 AM »

#relevant

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2702: May 19, 2013, 02:56:05 AM »
That should be in the official drinks section...

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703: May 19, 2013, 07:39:57 AM »
Lets say Phantaria continues the fight and Astrum send in troops. Asylon would not be far behind in striking Astrum, thus pulling Astrum from the Terran field. In that scenario, and with D'Hara and Farronite, in say a less than desired level by the theocracies, this could turn into a huge melee by lots of powers.

If Asylon reenters Astrum lands (note: it doesn't matter who has cassus belli), the Treaty of Walefishire could be invoked and FR would send aid to Astrum (FR would have the capability, since it doesn't look like it'll be supporting the Crusade directly). If Asylon decides to divert to FR because FR sent aid to Astrum, the Treaty of Mergrathor could be invoked and Niselur would send aid to FR. If D'Hara (who also seems to be against direct intervention in the Crusade) signs the Treaty of Port Raviel, they could also send aid to FR should Asylon attack.

Hopefully the treaties hold up! :3

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704: May 19, 2013, 07:51:58 AM »
If this turns into a massive feud between tons of realms, who loses?

Not Astrum. Not Sanguis Astroism.

The losers are the people whose realms would form the battleground (even if they might technically achieve their goals): Phantaria, Terran, Saffalore, Asylon, D'Hara, and the Farronite Republic.

The only strategy available to FR and D'Hara which is rational is to get out of the way and try to minimize the level of chaos in their region: so maybe not actively support the crusade, but certainly not get in its way. D'Hara can't afford to make more enemies, and FR can't really afford to alienate the church. So they may neglect the crusade, but they can't oppose it: not without a larger level of suicidal tendencies than I normally expect from them.

Also, in other news: Hireshmont has been stabbed by an infil again. Hooray.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705: May 19, 2013, 09:05:50 AM »
Ooh there will be some support from FR that's for sure. To what level is to be determined.

And yeah when I read about the assassin on Vellos I just had to laugh, this might just get bigger still!

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706: May 19, 2013, 09:10:47 AM »
Ooh there will be some support from FR that's for sure. To what level is to be determined.

And yeah when I read about the assassin on Vellos I just had to laugh, this might just get bigger still!

Read about it?

What position did I lose?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2707: May 19, 2013, 10:06:53 AM »
If Asylon reenters Astrum lands (note: it doesn't matter who has cassus belli), the Treaty of Walefishire could be invoked and FR would send aid to Astrum (FR would have the capability, since it doesn't look like it'll be supporting the Crusade directly). If Asylon decides to divert to FR because FR sent aid to Astrum, the Treaty of Mergrathor could be invoked and Niselur would send aid to FR. If D'Hara (who also seems to be against direct intervention in the Crusade) signs the Treaty of Port Raviel, they could also send aid to FR should Asylon attack.

Hopefully the treaties hold up! :3

Yes... we'll send aid all right... *laughs evilly*

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708: May 19, 2013, 10:10:15 AM »
None that i'm aware of, only that an assassin seriously injured you. That should give you more tinge for your anarchy, no?

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709: May 19, 2013, 05:19:01 PM »
Interesting implications with all the politicking going around. Will the blob break?
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710: May 19, 2013, 05:29:59 PM »
Who will the master politickers be, in the end?

In any case, lots of promise for new nobles in D'Hara! Plenty of wars still to be fought for quite some time, multiple colonies to set up, and lots of land to claim still.

Join for the glory of the Dragon King!  8)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711: May 19, 2013, 06:40:31 PM »

You think Asylon is going to go alone against a crusade?  I don't see any way in which Asylon gains from entering the conflict, at least on the side of Phantaria.  We asked them for weeks to join our realm and instead they turn around and attack Terran.  They have what is coming to them.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2712: May 19, 2013, 07:07:57 PM »
Don't be so sure, I've been sending out feelers and found a surprising response from a Realm Leader who is not supporting the Crusade who I thought would. Interesting times...

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713: May 19, 2013, 08:06:07 PM »
Indeed. I have as well. Wounder if they are the same.....

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714: May 19, 2013, 08:59:14 PM »
I think it is very cute of you to include Asylon in your countless scenarios. I thank you for the attention. =).
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.