Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045493 times)

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2775: May 21, 2013, 03:32:37 AM »
Vellos quite twisting your words. Yes I asked for archonship for FR because we fallowed all the points of article XI as the theocracies do. Thus are a theocratic republic. You have not requested archonship for terran is BS as a theocracy automatically gets that right per the charter and open elder positions as limited by game coding.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776: May 21, 2013, 03:57:50 AM »
pcw27, I honestly don't see how you can argue that this makes sense OOC. I can understand the IC reasons, there's plenty of them. But OOC, it's pretty clear that this is not really a crusade but actually just something declared so that the Church has something to do. I mean if there was no crusade declared against Aurvandil, which housed a direct competitor to Sanguis Astroism, then why should one be declared for Terran, which wasn't even a Theocracy at the time it was called. It still isn't, in fact. And as we all know, GAME MECHANICS TRUMP RP.

Different Light of the Maddening in office.  Medugnatos is nothing like Rabisu.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777: May 21, 2013, 04:06:18 AM »

Different Light of the Maddening in office.  Medugnatos is nothing like Rabisu.

Indeed. Rabisu didn't want to call one when he should have, and Medugnatos did when he shouldn't have.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2778: May 21, 2013, 04:29:49 AM »
Indeed. Rabisu didn't want to call one when he should have, and Medugnatos did when he shouldn't have.

I believe the one he didn't want to call a crusade on was the Farronite Republic.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779: May 21, 2013, 04:34:38 AM »
I believe the one he didn't want to call a crusade on was the Farronite Republic.

I was talking about Aurvandil...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2780: May 21, 2013, 04:35:53 AM »
I was talking about Aurvandil...

Exactly my point...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781: May 21, 2013, 04:37:56 AM »
Exactly my point...

And... you lost me.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782: May 21, 2013, 04:47:47 AM »
Vellos quite twisting your words. Yes I asked for archonship for FR because we fallowed all the points of article XI as the theocracies do.

Sounded more like a demand to most elders. Besides, there's no such thing as a theocratic republic. And can you tell me with a straight face that the concerns of the elders were unjustified, particularly in the wake of the Farronite response to the crusade, their incursion into Swordfell, their overturning of the law to allow temples (or was it priests) into FR, the week after they agreed to it?

I can understand the IC reasons, there's plenty of them. But OOC, it's pretty clear that this is not really a crusade but actually just something declared so that the Church has something to do.

Huh?
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783: May 21, 2013, 06:38:27 AM »
Hireshmont managed to convince people that Terran is, for all intents and purposes, a theocracy.
Managed to convince *some* people. There are at least as many who do not accept the claim. Luckily for Hireshmont, many of these people still believe that Terran is worth saving, even if they are not yet a theocracy.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784: May 21, 2013, 08:13:58 AM »
Sounded more like a demand to most elders. Besides, there's no such thing as a theocratic republic. And can you tell me with a straight face that the concerns of the elders were unjustified, particularly in the wake of the Farronite response to the crusade, their incursion into Swordfell, their overturning of the law to allow temples (or was it priests) into FR, the week after they agreed to it?

Huh?

Perhaps it did sound like a demand but as Khari and some others see it our actions are directly related to how the church handles the Farronites.

As for that preaching law it did not allow temples. Only to peach if the lord allowed it which must would not. 
But whatever old news.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785: May 21, 2013, 03:57:56 PM »
Besides, there's no such thing as a theocratic republic.

Sure there is, or can be.

No, the game doesn't provide you a definition of one, but that means you just have to come up with a reasonable definition yourself.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786: May 21, 2013, 05:00:45 PM »
Vellos quite twisting your words. Yes I asked for archonship for FR because we fallowed all the points of article XI as the theocracies do. Thus are a theocratic republic. You have not requested archonship for terran is BS as a theocracy automatically gets that right per the charter and open elder positions as limited by game coding.

I'm not twisting my words, or anyone else's.

Sure, yeah, you're a theocratic republic. But a theocratic republic IS NOT A THEOCRACY. I'm not talking about game-mechanics here: I'm talking about FR's legal and cultural self-definition. FR has NOT chosen to define itself as a theocracy, but as a THEOCRATIC REPUBLIC. There IS a difference. Asking for an Archonship when you're not even willing to call yourself a theocracy is presumptuous.

Regarding Terran's position, no, it's not BS. Theocracies totally have the right to abdicate their archonship, and Terran has done so. That's not insignificant.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787: May 21, 2013, 05:48:32 PM »
Regarding Terran's position, no, it's not BS. Theocracies totally have the right to abdicate their archonship, and Terran has done so. That's not insignificant.
Mrh? Abdicate their Archonship? First I've heard of it. And really, I don't figure that point, if it truly was ever claimed, would have been a determining factor in any decision made by the Elders. The reasons for the crusade to defend Terran are boredom and a chance to finally get a theocracy much farther south.

Note: Saying "we don't need an archonship until we're a stable realm" does not constitute abdicating your rights to an archonship.

I do, however, agree that your statements regarding the manner in which FR attempted to claim their right to an Archon on the elder council are fairly correct.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788: May 21, 2013, 07:14:44 PM »
Well regardless, both terran and FR if they had archons would be empty as their leaders are already elders.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2789: May 21, 2013, 07:22:20 PM »
Well regardless, both terran and FR if they had archons would be empty as their leaders are already elders.

Not really... they'd just get both votes.