Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042539 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2790: May 21, 2013, 07:25:04 PM »
Now to wait to see how the Prophet takes being indirectly accused of making a political decision that hurt the church...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791: May 21, 2013, 07:35:22 PM »
Not really... they'd just get both votes.
That is an interesting interpretation. A possible loophole that should be addressed and closed, eventually. In the past, the possibility of casting votes obtained from holding multiple voting positions has been handled both by letting nobles cast both votes, and by not letting them do so. It has only been possible in regards to Priest class and Elder membership. With rulers now getting votes, and rulers able to hold other elder offices, this should be sorted out.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792: May 21, 2013, 07:39:02 PM »
That will be interesting...but not as interesting as Terran's claim on Gretchew will be. Would all of SA unite against the Zuma, or would the crusade be quickly abandoned?
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793: May 21, 2013, 07:45:51 PM »
For the glory of the Stars!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794: May 21, 2013, 07:56:31 PM »
That will be interesting...but not as interesting as Terran's claim on Gretchew will be. Would all of SA unite against the Zuma, or would the crusade be quickly abandoned?

Did the Zuma take Gretchew?

Somebody keep me informed! Being wounded sucks!

I gather there are calls for Magistratums or something? Who who who?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795: May 21, 2013, 08:03:04 PM »
I'm not sure when/why it happened, but yeah...the Zuma control Gretchew.

As to calls for Magistratums, apparently Kas messaged Alice with dissent about how the elders were conducting the church. It wasn't overt blasphemy, but it does sound bad.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796: May 21, 2013, 08:09:24 PM »
I'm not sure when/why it happened, but yeah...the Zuma control Gretchew.

As to calls for Magistratums, apparently Kas messaged Alice with dissent about how the elders were conducting the church. It wasn't overt blasphemy, but it does sound bad.

Kas has confessed to worshipping the Zuma before, and was known to be passing on intelligence intended to strengthen OA and Aurvandil.

The reasons to boot him are many. Hireshmont just can't do it because of the obvious political baggage.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797: May 21, 2013, 08:41:31 PM »
I gather there are calls for Magistratums or something?

...Shouldn't that be "Magistrata"?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798: May 21, 2013, 10:47:40 PM »
...Shouldn't that be "Magistrata"?

Touché, good sir.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799: May 22, 2013, 01:41:05 AM »
Did the Zuma take Gretchew?

Somebody keep me informed! Being wounded sucks!

I gather there are calls for Magistratums or something? Who who who?

Gretchew defected from Saffalore to Zuma before you even got wounded :P You never pay attention to your border regions, which was why you had a big ol' Saffalore army right there when you were busy kicking us out of your city.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800: May 22, 2013, 03:02:01 AM »
Gretchew defected from Saffalore to Zuma before you even got wounded :P You never pay attention to your border regions, which was why you had a big ol' Saffalore army right there when you were busy kicking us out of your city.

Being a Priest does significantly hinder your tendency to pay attention to armies and such.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801: May 22, 2013, 03:44:01 AM »
Being a Priest does significantly hinder your tendency to pay attention to armies and such.

Well he was also their General in addition to Ruler, Judge and Banker, so sue me for expecting great things.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802: May 22, 2013, 03:56:23 AM »
Marlboro, please quit being annoying about Vellos having a hissy fit that a realm known to go to other nations cities/strongholds without warning to raze the region was asked "wtf are you doing here?".
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803: May 22, 2013, 04:00:21 AM »

Being a priest plus a realm with no rurals, so no scouts.

We're flyin' blind.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804: May 22, 2013, 04:12:46 AM »
Marlboro, please quit being annoying about Vellos having a hissy fit that a realm known to go to other nations cities/strongholds without warning to raze the region was asked "wtf are you doing here?".

Uh... no?