Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042740 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2820: May 22, 2013, 04:51:31 PM »
Let's finish up with Terran/Phantaria, then have an INTERNAL crusade!

Like the Cathar Wars!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Telamon

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821: May 23, 2013, 03:32:43 AM »
This'll be so fun!
Lewis Therin (Phantaria) – Lanfear (Fronen) – Ishmael (Adventurer/Phantaria)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822: May 23, 2013, 04:17:15 AM »
Hot damn, I had hoped the church would facilitate conflicts rather than shut them down. Appease Maddening!
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823: May 23, 2013, 05:39:39 AM »
Hot damn, I had hoped the church would facilitate conflicts rather than shut them down. Appease Maddening!

Just lets keep it to one at a time.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824: May 23, 2013, 12:45:20 PM »
Just lets keep it to one at a time.

Actually, I was told that there'd be nothing wrong with simultaneous crusades. XD
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825: May 23, 2013, 05:52:56 PM »
Actually, I was told that there'd be nothing wrong with simultaneous crusades. XD

There's nothing wrong with it fundamentally, it's just a whole lot of work.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826: May 24, 2013, 03:13:29 AM »
And Kale responds reasonably well to the first round of peace offers... except makes a blatant attempt to encircle Terran for future annexation.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827: May 24, 2013, 03:58:22 AM »
Can Niselur, Libero and Morek even reach Terran before their troop morale plummets too low? I would imagine even Astrum & Corsanctum would have issues with the distance to Terran.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828: May 24, 2013, 04:43:14 AM »
Astrum is very close to Terran, they shouldn't have a problem. It's just like SA vs Thulsoma.

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829: May 24, 2013, 04:54:29 AM »
I think the bigger thing for Niselur at the moment is that will they even go to Terran in the first place? Not likely it seems.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830: May 24, 2013, 05:44:39 AM »
Shouldn't have allowed a rebellion against the rightful theocratic ruler, Turin!  ;)
Iashulur was not a theocracy. Niselur on the other hand is. When the rebellion happened Leopold changed the government to theocracy, likely to appease the church so he could keep his new position as Turin was fighting it actually. That, and he most certainly could not have gotten his position back if he wanted despite him stating so. Turin was a bore as the king of Iashulur while Leopold has made Niselur quite a bit better from what I hear.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831: May 24, 2013, 07:09:02 AM »
And Kale responds reasonably well to the first round of peace offers... except makes a blatant attempt to encircle Terran for future annexation.

Gretchew would hardly make the difference if we were ever in a position to be able to annex Terran. That's not the motivation. Terran will always have the obligatory defense of the Astrocracies anyways, right? Charter and all that? Phantaria will never be in a position to war Terran ever again.

Besides, a theocratic city-state would be awesome.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832: May 24, 2013, 07:09:38 AM »
Iashulur was not a theocracy. Niselur on the other hand is. When the rebellion happened Leopold changed the government to theocracy, likely to appease the church so he could keep his new position as Turin was fighting it actually. That, and he most certainly could not have gotten his position back if he wanted despite him stating so. Turin was a bore as the king of Iashulur while Leopold has made Niselur quite a bit better from what I hear.

Iashular was a theocracy.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833: May 24, 2013, 07:13:08 AM »
Can Niselur, Libero and Morek even reach Terran before their troop morale plummets too low? I would imagine even Astrum & Corsanctum would have issues with the distance to Terran.

They all made it to Terran pretty easily during the Aurvandil wars. Kale knows this first had as he was head of the Allied coordination between 'Moot and Astrocracies, which the primary reason he knew there wasn't much chance of fighting it out: he has literally helped coordinate the arrival of Astrocratic armies into Terran before.

The line seems to be somewhere around Paisly, really.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834: May 24, 2013, 07:42:46 AM »

Iashular was a theocracy already. But yes, I don't remember Turin being that inspiring to the common lords of the realm.. As I recall the rebellion seem to had had completely blindsided Turin, either that or he didn't take it seriously if anybody actually tipped him off. Niselur seems alot more interesting now with a higher level of activity within the realm. Well at the very least a shakeup in who is in power was there. Although Qadan is still the Treasurer as always and a Duke (of a different duchy.)