Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045559 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2865: May 27, 2013, 11:02:08 PM »
So... attack them both! That way, they can't defend each other. :D
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866: May 27, 2013, 11:21:36 PM »
Phantaria should make peace with Terran and unite with them against Asylon. They can use Vashgew as an incentive. With Terran involved Farronites will probably stay out of it if not join Phantaria and Terran's side. I've never understood why they don't want Itau.

Shut up Turin, stop saying we don't want land. I wantz it allz!  ;D

I said you didn't want Terran's land, Saffalore's on the other hand you're all over. Go for Aurvandil's next Terran will probably assist.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:26:38 PM by pcw27 »

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867: May 28, 2013, 12:44:02 AM »
I love when Non-Asylonians use Asylon in their possible plots and schemes.

But Gustav is right, Asylon will defend the Farronites, Grimrog(my character) has given his word and there is only one realm he wont fight, and I doubt it would attack the Farronites...

I've never understood why they don't want Itau.

Because they know that fabricating or supporting such a claim would ruin the good relations they have with the Heathens of Asylon. I am sure they WANT that Duchy, but I am also sure that the current situation is far more beneficial to them.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868: May 28, 2013, 12:45:26 AM »
I've never understood why they don't want Itau.

Lack of nobles/food makes it a hassle with little reward.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2869: May 28, 2013, 12:48:50 AM »
I love when Non-Asylonians use Asylon in their possible plots and schemes.

But Gustav is right, Asylon will defend the Farronites, Grimrog(my character) has given his word and there is only one realm he wont fight, and I doubt it would attack the Farronites...

Because they know that fabricating or supporting such a claim would ruin the good relations they have with the Heathens of Asylon. I am sure they WANT that Duchy, but I am also sure that the current situation is far more beneficial to them.

Besides, any realm that replaced us would probably be far less amicable with Asylon and more of a church puppet. Also, you are correct that we most definitely desire that duchy.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870: May 28, 2013, 01:01:27 AM »
And none have ever gotten it...
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871: May 28, 2013, 01:13:27 AM »
Or Terran. Still.

Believe me, if I was bigger I would. We don't even outnumber them in Nobles anymore, though. It would be fruitless.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872: May 28, 2013, 04:53:02 AM »
"Crap, our enemies out-maneuvered us. They are clearly detrimental to the game."

?

Regardless of whether or not the move to make Terran a Theocracy was fueled by greed and need (and let's face it, it probably was), it was a good move by Terran. It certainly breathed life into SA again. Just because the Crusade was negative for Phantaria and Co. does not make it detrimental to the whole welfare of Dwilight. The recent flurry of activity in SA is a testament to that fact.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873: May 28, 2013, 05:28:33 AM »
Believe me, if I was bigger I would. We don't even outnumber them in Nobles anymore, though. It would be fruitless.

Oh don't be such a downer.

You're being far too uncreative.

There are multiple possible ways I can think of to make sure Asylon and FR don't support each other.

Besides, even if you did conquer the Chateau, what then? You'd have less CS than if you have a strong theocratic ally in the Chateau. With a reliable ally you'll have a stronger Greater Terranese military. Build allies instead of empires, then use them to build collective empires.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874: May 28, 2013, 06:22:18 AM »
It wouldnt take Asylon more than a moment to ride down to Terran crush it like a bug and back in Asylon to fight off the entire theocracies like we always do and be done with you Vellos once and for all. So tempting just to make a point...
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875: May 28, 2013, 10:25:02 AM »
"Crap, our enemies out-maneuvered us. They are clearly detrimental to the game."

?

Regardless of whether or not the move to make Terran a Theocracy was fueled by greed and need (and let's face it, it probably was), it was a good move by Terran. It certainly breathed life into SA again. Just because the Crusade was negative for Phantaria and Co. does not make it detrimental to the whole welfare of Dwilight. The recent flurry of activity in SA is a testament to that fact.

Never said any of that.

Oh don't be such a downer.

You're being far too uncreative.

There are multiple possible ways I can think of to make sure Asylon and FR don't support each other.

No desire to attack Asylon or FR. They've both been friends to Phantaria in different ways. Would be a bad move to turn on our closest friends.

Besides, even if you did conquer the Chateau, what then?

The plan was to reunite Terran.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876: May 28, 2013, 12:36:00 PM »
Phantaria should make peace with Terran and unite with them against Asylon. They can use Vashgew as an incentive. With Terran involved Farronites will probably stay out of it if not join Phantaria and Terran's side. I've never understood why they don't want Itau.

I said you didn't want Terran's land, Saffalore's on the other hand you're all over. Go for Aurvandil's next Terran will probably assist.

Who said I don't want Terran lands?  :o

Just because he's not stupid enough to ask for them, doesn't mean Machiavel wouldn't like to add them to his fief.  ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877: May 28, 2013, 03:36:35 PM »
... be done with you Vellos once and for all.
Better hurry. Vellos won't be in Terran for long. I hear he's headed to the Farronites. :D
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878: May 28, 2013, 06:10:09 PM »
Better hurry. Vellos won't be in Terran for long. I hear he's headed to the Farronites. :D

Barca is my bet. It's the last hold out against SA.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879: May 28, 2013, 06:57:07 PM »
Barca is my bet. It's the last hold out against SA.

Maybe he's going to try and convert Falkirk into a theocracy too.