Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045599 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2880: May 28, 2013, 07:01:40 PM »
Barca is my bet. It's the last hold out against SA.
Second-to-last, really.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881: May 28, 2013, 07:11:29 PM »
If Vellos comes to the Farronites, that's new to me...
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882: May 28, 2013, 07:19:31 PM »
Well of course it will be new, he's never been there before. It will be new to all of us. ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883: May 28, 2013, 08:18:32 PM »
Second-to-last, really.

That makes a cool title for them.

"Barca the Penultimate"

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2884: May 28, 2013, 08:24:04 PM »
Well of course it will be new, he's never been there before. It will be new to all of us. ;)

If that happens, prepare to see the most passive aggressive discrimination against him you've ever seen...

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885: May 29, 2013, 01:11:43 AM »
Har har and hear I thought I had burned my bridges... As long as the hatred for me is just below Vellos I am doing ok! :D
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886: May 29, 2013, 03:11:12 AM »
Har har and hear I thought I had burned my bridges... As long as the hatred for me is just below Vellos I am doing ok! :D

This gives me an idea for a new thread...

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887: May 29, 2013, 05:50:58 AM »
Regardless of whether or not the move to make Terran a Theocracy was fueled by greed and need (and let's face it, it probably was), it was a good move by Terran. It certainly breathed life into SA again. Just because the Crusade was negative for Phantaria and Co. does not make it detrimental to the whole welfare of Dwilight. The recent flurry of activity in SA is a testament to that fact.

Actually, I think that King Leopold's decision to not participate in the "holy" crusade breathed life into the north.  Even my character who is not a part of SA and wants nothing to do with politics, but is fiercely loyal to the king has been drawn into the conflict.

In other news, I do admire Mordant Lefanis's skill at debating, even though my character has disagreed "slightly" with his views, even if the debate was probably sparked by my not realizing that Mordant was the regent of SA and saying some things best left unsaid if the regent of SA is present.

I did think I was going to lose the debate, until that crazy stunt in Phantaria was pulled.

I do curse those who named the religion Sanguis Astroism, as I have to look it up and copy+paste every time I use that word, which is coming up more often than I like.  I especially curse the name Sanguis Astroism when I use my mobile phone, and may wait until I come home until I use that word.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Zakilevo

« Reply #2888: May 29, 2013, 06:38:39 AM »
Stuff

ROFL. Yeah. It is hard to tell outside of the Church.

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889: May 29, 2013, 08:06:34 AM »
Actually the comment that made me laugh was:
Not to crash into this party you guys are having but.... you do know that we have the Regent of Sanguis Astroism as Margrave of Darfix correct?

My first thought was "Oh !@#$! What have I done".
My second was "I guess the cat's out of the bag,  I'll just have to roll with it"
My third was "It is in-character as my character just arrived and is not a member of SA, and is loyal to the King and finds the attitude of the regent disrespectful, and normally wouldn't be involved in politics but WILL defend the king, so let's debate it out."

Thus began the great debate between the two characters, which somehow let to a "lone wolf" attack on Phantaria, and a trial for the regent, and probably some eternal dislike between the two characters if not hatred.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890: May 29, 2013, 08:34:09 AM »
Mordant randomly popping up in Mistight and attacking our units was really weird. Worse part was he refused to even say anything to us about it when we asked.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891: May 29, 2013, 09:13:33 AM »
My character thinks that it is a crazy plot to frame Niselur by having the punishment of the regent(you killed/punished the regent-revenge!!! kinda thing)used as cause for war in addition to King Leopold's defiance, but maybe she's just a little paranoid as she's not part of SA, but follows the bloodstars on a more person path, so she's outta the loop per say(which the regent just called me on)

Not being part of SA, but following the Bloodstars allows my character to defy the church, without being punished or silenced as a few quite inquiries by my character have gleaned, as long as King Leopold continues his stance.

That being said personally I am worried whether my character may push things too far, as defiance of SA must be done carefully or I may lose my character's head.  If King Leopold isn't doing what I think he's doing then it could be bad.... very bad. 

I didn't plan on RPing politics-I just wanted to bash a few monster heads, get a lordship, maybe have a guild, but somehow my character got drawn into this political situation

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892: May 29, 2013, 11:06:20 PM »
Meh, I'm debating between Barca and the Farronites.

Barca would be a neat chance to expand into new and uncharted lands, and rebuild Hireshmont's standing within the Moot a bit.

But FR would just be such a hilariously feisty place to be. It'd be like when Allison went to Terran. :P
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893: May 29, 2013, 11:45:35 PM »
Yeah going to FR would be interesting. You might find some support but many have bought into my representation of Vellos.

Personally I think its about time for a SA vs SA conflict.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894: May 30, 2013, 12:09:11 AM »
I want to see Morek+Niselur vs Astrum+Libero. The entire north would have a good ol' time.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)