Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042752 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2925: June 17, 2013, 12:49:19 AM »
Barca? Are they still alive?

D'Hara likes to protect their little Barcan brothers from the mischievous eyes of the uncivilized foreigners.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926: June 17, 2013, 01:00:04 AM »
Oh, Hireshmont fully intends to chicken out and to encourage the cowardice of others.

Too much to lose. You've built too big an alliance network; it's not a winning fight.
Heh, I didn't think that Luria Nova would side with us, even though(from her bio), the Queen seems very secular, a lot of the SA nobles seem pretty hardcore.  Maybe the massive infiltrator waves sent by Vellos and Karbanski sent to kill nobles and adventures turned some of the hardcore SA people away, and the rest probably just want to beat on D'Hara.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927: June 17, 2013, 01:02:52 AM »
Heh, I didn't think that Luria Nova would side with us, even though(from her bio), the Queen seems very secular, a lot of the SA nobles seem pretty hardcore.  Maybe the massive infiltrator waves sent by Vellos and Karbanski sent to kill nobles and adventures turned some of the hardcore SA people away, and the rest probably just want to beat on D'Hara.

If there's one certainty in Dwi politics, it's that you can always find at least one Lurian scheming to see D'Hara destroyed.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928: June 17, 2013, 01:16:30 AM »
If there's one certainty in Dwi politics, it's that you can always find at least one Asylonian scheming to see D'Hara destroyed.

Fixed!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929: June 17, 2013, 01:26:38 AM »

Ummmm what ate you talking about?
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930: June 17, 2013, 01:36:47 AM »

Ummmm what ate you talking about?
Oh you know the infiltrators you and Vellos sent to kill certain people that some nobles in Luria Nova issuing declarations that those kind of attacks will not be tolerated, and to be on the lookout for suspicious behaviour from new adventures etc etc.

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931: June 17, 2013, 01:40:46 AM »
Oh, Hireshmont fully intends to chicken out and to encourage the cowardice of others.

Too much to lose. You've built too big an alliance network; it's not a winning fight.

The way I see it the Elders Council loses either way. If the Elders do chicken out (and that's very much over Constantine's dead body) then the Farronite-Niselur bloc will realise how strong their hand is and effectively veto any major Church decision that doesn't go their way. The Elders Council will lose much of its power and I doubt we will see any crusades in the near future. If the situation persists we may see the end of SA as a large powerblock.

SA only works if enough nobles are willing to voluntarily give their loyalty to the religion that the rest of the membership are too afraid of the religion to break free. The current conflict is the tipping point- if SA cannot subdue Niselur and co. (either through war or by convincing Niselur to remain a theocracy by other means) then it does not have the power to enforce loyalty outside of the small number of characters who are willing to obey the Elders for purely rp reasons. If the balance does not tip back, SA could potentially become just like most other BM religions; a nice rp-point and forum for discussion, but not an organisation that can wield effective political power.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:47:58 AM by Meneldur »

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932: June 17, 2013, 01:54:31 AM »
The way I see it the Elders Council loses either way. If the Elders do chicken out (and that's very much over Constantine's dead body) then the Farronite-Niselur bloc will realise how strong their hand is and effectively veto any major Church decision that doesn't go their way. The Elders Council will lose much of its power and I doubt we will see any crusades in the near future. If the situation persists we may see the end of SA as a large powerblock.

SA only works if enough nobles are willing to voluntarily give their loyalty to the religion that the rest of the membership are too afraid of the religion to break free. The current conflict is the tipping point- if SA cannot subdue Niselur and co. then it does not have the power to enforce loyalty outside of the small number of characters who are willing to obey the Elders for purely rp reasons. If the balance does not tip back, SA could potentially become just like most other BM religions; a nice rp-point and forum for discussion, but not an organisation that can wield effective political power.
It will also make the accusations that SA will only pick on easy opponents like the 4vs1 on Aylson, or the pileup on Phantaria, seem true.  I think Vellos's interpretation angle(and I may be wrong), might provide a graceful way out.  I think I know where Vellos is going on this, but he is a very surprising man, and hard to read.
Oh and you are Consantine, your character seems pretty hardcore.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933: June 17, 2013, 02:03:32 AM »
I find it amusing how Hireshmont is on a spree of destroying the things he tries to protect.

I doubt the Church would be so fragile before this crisis if it weren't for the huge crack the crusade for Terran created.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934: June 17, 2013, 02:20:12 AM »

Mordaunt doesn't see it that way. In fact, a little plan hatches even now.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935: June 17, 2013, 02:28:41 AM »
Mordaunt doesn't see it that way. In fact, a little plan hatches even now.
You mean like a rebellion against the Farronite Republic?

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936: June 17, 2013, 02:34:37 AM »
You mean like a rebellion against the Farronite Republic?

Lol no.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937: June 17, 2013, 02:40:05 AM »
The road to hell (and utter implosion) is paved with good intentions.  8)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938: June 17, 2013, 02:56:56 AM »
Maybe the massive infiltrator waves sent by Vellos and Karbanski sent to kill nobles and adventures turned some of the hardcore SA people away, and the rest probably just want to beat on D'Hara.

Um, wut?

I literally have no idea what you're talking about. I don't lie OOC, and I can pretty darn well guarantee you this is false. And I'm really interested to hear more because that's odd. I'd love it if somebody could contact Hireshmont about this IC.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939: June 17, 2013, 03:02:19 AM »
Oh you know the infiltrators you and Vellos sent to kill certain people that some nobles in Luria Nova issuing declarations that those kind of attacks will not be tolerated, and to be on the lookout for suspicious behaviour from new adventures etc etc.

Okay, yeah, contact me IC or something. That's hilariously false.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner