Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045477 times)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3090: June 24, 2013, 08:19:55 AM »
So first you say love war and would rather die fighting than being cowards and that you don't use long term strategy like other realms but then defend your cowardice with saying you don't want to have your realm die by not being the one to carefully plan it all out and have it fit to your plans?

There is a difference between not planning things well in advance and being willing to go down fighting and picking suicidal fights. Asylon's view is, if a chance comes to pick a fight and win, sure. If a fight comes along, whatever, they'll fight it, even if they die. But that doesn't meant they're going to go out of their way to get destroyed.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091: June 24, 2013, 11:56:42 AM »
Basically other realms sit around twiddling their thumbs, waiting for wars to come to them, while Asylon takes a proactive stance. Also, unbeknownst to most, it seems, Asylon looted some Astrum city to the ground in their last scuffle. So, it wasn't really a tie; Asylon won.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092: June 24, 2013, 03:37:44 PM »
Two things:

One, please shut up on the multiing. It happened, now move on. Your continuous slander of Aurvandil isn't going to change anything, and its getting to the point where I am starting to think a magistrates case may be necessary because its getting to the point it could be said you are harassing the players of Aurvandil who were honest.

Second while I agree with you on just about everything in that post, I don't about your Terran comment. Sure if Leopold started a war against SA, Terran wouldn't be that hard to destroy if it was a priority, but I wouldn't say its quite as trivial as you make it sound, especially if Astrum made it a priority to defend.

P.S. I wouldn't say its such a bad thing that Niselur allied with LN for D'hara though I won't state why.

If Astrum's fighting a huge coalition in the North, I doubt it'd be able to do much for Terran.

And no, I won't shut up about Aurvandil. They cheated. And they gained a !@#$load because of it. I'm not gonna act as if it never happened, as if all of their achievements were legit. Because they achieved squat since. And I still suspect them of cheating. Because, even right after the accounts were locked, Dustole stated that there were new accounts showing similar traits as the old ones. Their gains aren't legit, so I won't pretend they are.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093: June 24, 2013, 03:39:54 PM »
Thank you Kwanstein and Stabbity, youexplained it very well.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094: June 24, 2013, 03:54:50 PM »
And no, I won't shut up about Aurvandil. They cheated. And they gained a !@#$load because of it. I'm not gonna act as if it never happened, as if all of their achievements were legit. Because they achieved squat since. And I still suspect them of cheating. Because, even right after the accounts were locked, Dustole stated that there were new accounts showing similar traits as the old ones. Their gains aren't legit, so I won't pretend they are.

Aye! But it seems nobody but Fissoa is willing to go teach them a lesson.
Ardet nec consumitur.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095: June 24, 2013, 04:37:35 PM »
So one thing I learned while the crusade for Terran was going on, its virtually impossible to drive a region into revolt as a priest/diplomat. Now of course Im not sure who was doing what but while I was in Chatuea Saffalore for well over a week and spending  nearly 24 hours a day badmouthing Terran I never once got the region to drop below worshopful. Had some success outside the capital but very little.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096: June 24, 2013, 04:50:30 PM »
Aye! But it seems nobody but Fissoa is willing to go teach them a lesson.
I think everyone is willing to teach them a lesson, but ironically Aurvandil is safe because D'Hara and LN are not willing to work together, and their political isolation is keeping them out of the upcoming war, something which I'm sure they'll use to their advantage.

I also agree with Chénier when he says it's hard to look past Aurvandil having cheated. If they wanted other realms to look kindly upon them IG AND OOG, they could at least have returned the spoils they had gotten when they were cheating, for example, the regions they took from Barca. And where are all the Aurv & Falkirk players on this forum? They account for a little less than 15% of the active Dwilight population..

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097: June 24, 2013, 05:23:20 PM »
I think everyone is willing to teach them a lesson, but ironically Aurvandil is safe because D'Hara and LN are not willing to work together, and their political isolation is keeping them out of the upcoming war, something which I'm sure they'll use to their advantage.
I don't think Aurvandil is safe. They tried to act threatening and tough against Fissoa after Allomere became ruler but didn't stop Fissoa & friends from destroying Falkirk. A combined Fissoa & Barca would crush the Aurvandil that exists now. Fissoa by itself could still win or at least push them out of Fatmilak isle.

Realistically, Luria Nova can't do much against Aurvandil directly. The morale penalties start hurting us on Madina Isle.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098: June 24, 2013, 06:42:24 PM »
Also, unbeknownst to most, it seems, Asylon looted some Astrum city to the ground in their last scuffle. So, it wasn't really a tie; Asylon won.
Apparently it's unbeknownst to Astrum, too. Especially since that never happened.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099: June 24, 2013, 06:46:46 PM »
The combined Astroist alliances inability to smash Asylon not once but twice was the beginning of the end.
This never happened. Astrum and some allies went to war with Asylon twice, but there was never any concerted attempt to "smash" or destroy Asylon. We engaged in a limited war with clear goals. When those goals were achieved, or the reason for the war disappeared, we stopped fighting. But there was never any attempt to destroy Asylon.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100: June 24, 2013, 06:49:32 PM »
So one thing I learned while the crusade for Terran was going on, its virtually impossible to drive a region into revolt as a priest/diplomat. Now of course Im not sure who was doing what but while I was in Chatuea Saffalore for well over a week and spending  nearly 24 hours a day badmouthing Terran I never once got the region to drop below worshopful. Had some success outside the capital but very little.
Trying to influence the population either for or against a third party is less effective. Also, your oratory skill is very important

Also, there really needs to be some chance that someone using diplomacy skills in a region is detected by the other people in the region. Diplomats being 100% undetectable is not a desirable situation.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101: June 24, 2013, 07:06:49 PM »
Trying to influence the population either for or against a third party is less effective. Also, your oratory skill is very important

Also, there really needs to be some chance that someone using diplomacy skills in a region is detected by the other people in the region. Diplomats being 100% undetectableis not a desirable situation.

Ooh I agree...lots of bribes and never detected. And my oratory fame is 99. Even with a second diplomat we could not effect the chateau. Had some better success at a rural but started running out of gold.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102: June 24, 2013, 07:52:24 PM »
I don't think Aurvandil is safe. They tried to act threatening and tough against Fissoa after Allomere became ruler but didn't stop Fissoa & friends from destroying Falkirk. A combined Fissoa & Barca would crush the Aurvandil that exists now. Fissoa by itself could still win or at least push them out of Fatmilak isle.

Realistically, Luria Nova can't do much against Aurvandil directly. The morale penalties start hurting us on Madina Isle.

But Luria Nova continuously threatening to invade D'Hara keeps D'Hara from comitting itself against Aurvandil...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103: June 24, 2013, 07:53:34 PM »

Also, there really needs to be some chance that someone using diplomacy skills in a region is detected by the other people in the region. Diplomats being 100% undetectable is not a desirable situation.

There were other ambassadors and diplomats in the region as well. I know I lauded Terran a few times, just to be able to say that I did. I'm sure that Terran had courtiers and/or diplomats working every turn as well on region stats.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104: June 24, 2013, 08:38:33 PM »
Apparently it's unbeknownst to Astrum, too. Especially since that never happened.

We only looted Walefishire and dunnbrook good. It wasnt a city , just some town. Anyways 4 or 5 kingdoms versus 1 was pretty clear to Asylon you wanted to destroy us whether that is true or not. Policy in Asylon is to North Korea propaganda every situation within the kingdom. We make our own truth.
We live lives in beautiful lies...