Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042802 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3420: January 26, 2014, 11:44:41 PM »
Sooooo.... Whats up with the lands that jumped from Corsanctum?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421: January 27, 2014, 12:11:47 AM »
Sooooo.... Whats up with the lands that jumped from Corsanctum?
No idea what you're talking about. *whistles and walks away*
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422: January 27, 2014, 12:48:40 AM »
Lands did what now?

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423: January 27, 2014, 01:52:57 AM »
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424: January 27, 2014, 02:16:10 AM »
Lands did what now?

Nothing.

Stay focused.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425: January 27, 2014, 02:20:39 AM »
Nothing looks different on the map...

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426: January 27, 2014, 07:17:04 AM »
In case you're unaware, this refers to a famous quote often misattributed to Bismarck:

"Laws, like sausages, cease to inspire respect in proportion as we know how they are made."

Oh, I didn't know that. I thought it was a surreal metaphor interjected casually into the discussion.

Now I feel like a silly sausage.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427: January 27, 2014, 06:27:58 PM »
However, the Elders antagonized the rest of the Church for quite some time prior to the current conflict, which is what lead to the break.
This is false. The player of Leopold returned to the game specifically to try and take down SA. The entire war was set up specifically to meet the player's OOC objective: War against SA. As such, Leopold took specific actions intended to Start the war. Everything else was window dressing.

I'm not saying that having such an OOC objective/plan for your character is bad. Everyone has to set up some background/motivation for their characters. All I'm saying is that this war would have happened one way or another. The only thing that would have changed was the wording on the declaration of war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428: January 27, 2014, 06:32:05 PM »
If you would recall, Leopold attempted to make peace with the theocracies after withdrawing from the federation. He did not want war, he wanted independence. The Church said no, and voted to excommunicate him and declared war. It wasn't like Leopold was like "Sup guys, we're not apart of you anymore, by the way our troops are looting you and we're besties with Asylon now."
Not true. The Elders never voted to excommunicate Leopold. Several people wanted to do so, but it was never done. The elders also offered Leopold a compromise that would have given him almost everything he wanted. He shot it down, accusing everyone of being corrupt, guaranteeing that the war started.

Leopold wanted this war. It was going to happen no matter what course anyone took.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3429: January 27, 2014, 06:58:03 PM »
Then he left the game :o Don't know what exactly happened but he was really disappointed by the fact people weren't joining Niselur. I think Fulco did a much better job of gathering people than Leopold. Maybe he didn't try hard enough.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430: January 27, 2014, 07:32:53 PM »
Then he left the game :o Don't know what exactly happened but he was really disappointed by the fact people weren't joining Niselur. I think Fulco did a much better job of gathering people than Leopold. Maybe he didn't try hard enough.

What happened was he's Arrakis. This is what, about the 5th or 6th time he's done this?

It's especially likely that he'll up and delete his account if the things he's stirred up into something interesting are getting intense.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431: January 27, 2014, 09:35:51 PM »
Not true. The Elders never voted to excommunicate Leopold. Several people wanted to do so, but it was never done. The elders also offered Leopold a compromise that would have given him almost everything he wanted. He shot it down, accusing everyone of being corrupt, guaranteeing that the war started.

Leopold wanted this war. It was going to happen no matter what course anyone took.

You're right, there was no vote. He was just excommunicated.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3432: January 27, 2014, 10:46:57 PM »

He never was excommunicated

Zakilevo

« Reply #3433: January 27, 2014, 10:48:47 PM »
What happened was he's Arrakis. This is what, about the 5th or 6th time he's done this?

It's especially likely that he'll up and delete his account if the things he's stirred up into something interesting are getting intense.

So there is probably a chance of him coming back just to start something only to ditch it later? lol

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434: January 28, 2014, 01:20:01 AM »
Wrong again. He left on his own. He was never excommunicated, although several people would have liked to do it.