Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045501 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3495: February 03, 2014, 03:29:01 AM »
Nope, nor does infil actions remove her from her position. Sort of someone managing to execute her there is little to do to force her out of the position.

I believe if she's wounded for long enough she'll be removed due to inactivity. Plus she might just decide it's not worth it anymore if she keeps getting stabbed.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496: February 03, 2014, 03:31:05 AM »
I believe if she's wounded for long enough she'll be removed due to inactivity.

This is untrue.

The only way to forcibly remove someone from a guild or religion position is to remove them from the continent. That means deport, execute, or cold-storage pause (which includes autopause).
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497: February 03, 2014, 03:35:47 AM »
This is untrue.

The only way to forcibly remove someone from a guild or religion position is to remove them from the continent. That means deport, execute, or cold-storage pause (which includes autopause).

I heard people complaining about being wounded long enough that they lost feudal positions.  Does being wounded for long enough induce an auto-pause or is something else happening that makes them lose their spots?
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498: February 03, 2014, 03:36:28 AM »
This is untrue.

I forget can you execute a priest after one arrest or do you need to ban them first?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499: February 03, 2014, 03:36:50 AM »
We all build these sandcastles, and it does suck to see them wash away. It could be much worse.

Like I said before, this was going to happen. I was almost handed the Regency, and I left a decent trail of evidence of dishonesty. There was a power-vacuum and eventually someone would have filled it. I'd prefer a long-term player with good RP than someone who just got elected and decided to keep the title.

If people are frustrated that they don't feel 'involved', don't neglect passing offers to work together. Enoch met Jonsu while she was ferreting around Bowie, and kept in contact. I remember probing other characters for intrigue, but some of them came off as unapproachable (or unresponsive) with such things. The back room plots are exclusive once they really begin, but to actually start one all you need is a few partners.

Again disclaimer, I'm not involved in any of this. You might THINK you left a reasonable obvious trail of dishonesty, but the fact that several highly active and savvy players were completely blind sided suggest it might not have been as obvious as you though. Anyone that has been a GM in RP games is likely used to this. It feels like you have to make things blindly obvious before players pick up on it. This is not really the case though, got to remember that lots of things look really obvious when you view things from certain perspectives with complete knowledge. How many players were likely to have full details of this previous dishonest actions? How many would have known you had any association with Jonsu at all?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500: February 03, 2014, 03:37:08 AM »
I heard people complaining about being wounded long enough that they lost feudal positions.  Does being wounded for long enough induce an auto-pause or is something else happening that makes them lose their spots?

It makes them lose their secular titles, it does not induce an auto-pause.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501: February 03, 2014, 03:38:04 AM »

No. There is as system specific to realm position (Lord, Council, Duke) for this, it does not affect guilds or religions.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502: February 03, 2014, 03:39:31 AM »
I forget can you execute a priest after one arrest or do you need to ban them first?

The only player characters that can ever be executed without a ban are commoners and outlaws (nobles with honour below about 5).
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503: February 03, 2014, 03:42:37 AM »
Again disclaimer, I'm not involved in any of this. You might THINK you left a reasonable obvious trail of dishonesty, but the fact that several highly active and savvy players were completely blind sided suggest it might not have been as obvious as you though. Anyone that has been a GM in RP games is likely used to this. It feels like you have to make things blindly obvious before players pick up on it. This is not really the case though, got to remember that lots of things look really obvious when you view things from certain perspectives with complete knowledge. How many players were likely to have full details of this previous dishonest actions? How many would have known you had any association with Jonsu at all?

If Seoras had known of Enoch's association with Jonsu, Seoras wouldn't have constantly pushed Enoch to become Consul and then Regent.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504: February 03, 2014, 03:45:15 AM »

I can't remember him ever taking Jonsu's side in a debate when she was part of the church. I don't remember anything linking them what so ever.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505: February 03, 2014, 03:50:16 AM »
I'm pretty sure the only one who would connect Enoch with Jonsu is Rabisu. Jonsu and Enoch became associated when Jonsu was Luminary of the Maddening, hunting down Bowie's mystic cult that took root in Morek that I'm sure next to one was aware of either.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506: February 03, 2014, 04:02:32 AM »
I can certainly understand why having someone swoop in and take control over a large organisation such as SA could be devastating IC, but as someone outside SA and Dwilight as a whole, I'm not understanding where the OOC hate and even possible account deletions are coming from. Can someone explain, please?

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507: February 03, 2014, 04:04:21 AM »
I can certainly understand why having someone swoop in and take control over a large organisation such as SA could be devastating IC, but as someone outside SA and Dwilight as a whole, I'm not understanding where the OOC hate and even possible account deletions are coming from. Can someone explain, please?

They feel he's exploited a poorly designed game mechanic that made this takeover too easy.

I personally feel like the elders may have been a little careless in letting Enoch become Regent. Not in the sense that there was any evidence to link him to Jonsu but simply in the sense that he was kind of a quiet do nothing character. At that time the church was still pretty moderate and I was a less popular choice as a hardline zealot. They actually nullified the elections and started them again when I would have won. They were probably concerned that I was going to shake things up, sick our priests on Niselur and hurt the faith, so they went with the quiet guy. It's hard to say that the people who put a guy they knew nothing about in the highest seat of power were blameless when he started running amok.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 04:11:39 AM by pcw27 »

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508: February 03, 2014, 04:07:45 AM »
They feel he's exploited a poorly designed game mechanic that made this takeover too easy.
And have spent actual years putting real effort into SA while having no recourse against the power now wielded by the individual in question in the organization.  If I had been there from the beginning I'd probably be pissed enough not to come back too; though I have had two accounts auto-deleted due to losing interest so take that with a grain of salt.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509: February 03, 2014, 04:12:15 AM »
    If Seoras had known of Enoch's association with Jonsu, Seoras wouldn't have constantly pushed Enoch to become Consul and then Regent.

Obviously. And this is the problem inherent with "intrigue" To be effective you want to limit the amount of participants, that is just logical. However in striving to be successful you are increasing the chance that people are going to react in a seriously adverse way when the you are successful.

Likewise it makes total sense not to go advertising an association with Jonsu in terms of being successful.

Again it is just a personal thing, if my plot requires a fair number of people to be successful, then the possibility of being sold out is reasonable (dependent on what I know about the characters of course) and I shouldn't need to self sabotage. If I require very few people, and the chances of being discovered are very low, then some form of self sabotage are required. The aim here would be to do so in a way that success is still possible, and if successful hopefully people, with the advantage of hindsight can see the possibilities missed. It is hard to balance dropping enough hints to have a chance of being foiled, while still ensuring a chance of success, but if the relevant players are all at a loss after the event, then I consider myself to have failed in ensuring "fun" for the wider group.[/list]
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 04:14:03 AM by De-Legro »