Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042661 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3525: February 03, 2014, 05:09:39 AM »
Notably that Enoch was essentially inactive for the last few weeks, or at least appeared to be.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526: February 03, 2014, 05:34:48 AM »
Notably that Enoch was essentially inactive for the last few weeks, or at least appeared to be.

I never noticed him to be active at all. A few letters here and there, at most, but never participated in anything. There was no power struggle. He just played along until he decided not to.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527: February 03, 2014, 05:39:09 AM »
I never noticed him to be active at all. A few letters here and there, at most, but never participated in anything. There was no power struggle. He just played along until he decided not to.

It is always the quiet ones don't you know.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528: February 03, 2014, 05:40:41 AM »
Dishman has always been an involved player by my count. He did share that he got rather ooc distracted moving earlier this month though. Anyway, he's always been quite good at replying to anything I sent him.

For the record, I'm not upset about Seoras not knowing - it's quite an interesting character development to work through.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529: February 03, 2014, 05:57:06 AM »
How easy would it be to actually destroy the whole religion? The wiki mentions a reformation mechanic when does that kick in?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530: February 03, 2014, 06:01:38 AM »
How easy would it be to actually destroy the whole religion? The wiki mentions a reformation mechanic when does that kick in?

When there are no elders.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531: February 03, 2014, 06:12:27 AM »

Would you consider it destroyed if they eradicated all the Elder ranks but there own? How about if they delete all the ranks high enough to be able to manage temples, then as the only character able to expand or shrink temples goes around shutting them all down?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532: February 03, 2014, 06:17:25 AM »
People on both sides of this conflict have the power to either litterally or effectively destroy SA within a rather short time frame. Jonsu & co. could cause a collapse by kicking out all priests from the eldership, and heck kicking out all faithful while she is at it, whereas the opposing priests could unconvert almost all of the following within but a few months at most.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533: February 03, 2014, 06:25:32 AM »
People on both sides of this conflict have the power to either litterally or effectively destroy SA within a rather short time frame. Jonsu & co. could cause a collapse by kicking out all priests from the eldership, and heck kicking out all faithful while she is at it, whereas the opposing priests could unconvert almost all of the following within but a few months at most.

I don't see the loss of followers being a huge issue. It would take about as long to restore them if such and action would actually lead to change. It is an effort, but certainly one that is manageable. Now if people start shrinking the larger temples, that has the potential to be seriously damaging depending on how many they could get to before/if they are stopped.

But really until people start making some plays in game, the cries about the end of SA are premature. There is far too much assumption about what Jonsu is going to do the religion so far as I can see, and little hard evidence that anyone is preparing to seriously damage the church.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534: February 03, 2014, 06:31:26 AM »
But really until people start making some plays in game, the cries about the end of SA are premature. There is far too much assumption about what Jonsu is going to do the religion so far as I can see, and little hard evidence that anyone is preparing to seriously damage the church.

Indeed, it is worth noting that all previous top Elders of all religions had the same powers that are now feared in the hands of Jonsu.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535: February 03, 2014, 06:34:24 AM »
I don't see the loss of followers being a huge issue. It would take about as long to restore them if such and action would actually lead to change. It is an effort, but certainly one that is manageable. Now if people start shrinking the larger temples, that has the potential to be seriously damaging depending on how many they could get to before/if they are stopped.

No followers, no way to fund the upkeeps, no temple. Keeping the temples big as long as possible would drain the global treasury incredibly fast.

Converting regions takes ages. Unconverting them takes days.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536: February 03, 2014, 06:40:13 AM »
Would you consider it destroyed if they eradicated all the Elder ranks but there own? How about if they delete all the ranks high enough to be able to manage temples, then as the only character able to expand or shrink temples goes around shutting them all down?

Well for starters she can't kick out the priests. By extension I don't think she can eliminate all the full member ranks, so that would be pointless.

As for physically shutting down temples, the realm authority can arrest her and ban her so she could only deconstruct temples in willing realms and I think that would still cause extreme unrest.

When there are no elders.

So if there's just one it doesn't happen?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537: February 03, 2014, 06:43:14 AM »
Well for starters she can't kick out the priests. By extension I don't think she can eliminate all the full member ranks, so that would be pointless.

As for physically shutting down temples, the realm authority can arrest her and ban her so she could only deconstruct temples in willing realms and I think that would still cause extreme unrest.

So if there's just one it doesn't happen?

No.

If there is just one elder, and that elder is a priest, the religion can remain on cruise forever.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538: February 03, 2014, 06:45:33 AM »
Ok religions need a protest feature.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539: February 03, 2014, 06:50:34 AM »
I would like everyone to calm down some on this. Its certainly a controversial move with Jonsu gaining large power over the church's well being but I think we should let some things happen somewhat before deciding that SA is destroyed. Justin has shown he is open to players' suggestions, although allowing Alaster to get the position isn't thrilling everyone else but at that same time, people can calmly give suggestions OOC of what they view as the best way for things to go other than Jonsu should quit because you don't like what he did. There is a difference between working with people to allow for fun and conflict to happen well and simply demanding he undo what he  did because you don't like it.

To be honest, I personally am not a huge fan of what has transpired exactly the way it was done but I am giving the player a chance, something most of you are not. Maybe Justin isn't trying to have Jonsu destroy SA or be a complete dictator, we don't really know until we at least give him a chance beyond the first several hours.

I am not saying Jonsu's actions are actually a good thing, but I am not saying they are necessarily bad either, I am saying we should give it a little time to actually see how things turn out, and reevaluate then.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 06:54:35 AM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton