Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042613 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3930: May 12, 2014, 12:22:21 AM »
A few meaningless sects still exist.

Chatter in SA, despite what I've read others say, seems mostly limited to a few complaints about church administration and about members failing to send to full members only. Feels pretty dead to me.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931: May 12, 2014, 12:25:37 AM »
A few meaningless sects still exist.

Chatter in SA, despite what I've read others say, seems mostly limited to a few complaints about church administration and about members failing to send to full members only. Feels pretty dead to me.
Most of SA chatter has always been arguing about what the administration has done or what has gone on elsewhere. If that's dead to you, then you have never been in SA when it was alive.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932: May 12, 2014, 04:26:05 AM »
Seoras has shown no intention to give up on it.

Nope; Helm's efforts after I left and Rabisu's death kinda tanked its prospects, but no point in turning back now. Open offer of Lightship for any genuine Light (ie, not during/after Jonsu's madness) still stands. Off the top of my head, that includes Hireshmont and Katrina as last-legitimate Lights, Constantine, Medugnatos as old-school former Lights, and Machiavel and Turin as former Luminaries of the last-legitimate Lights.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933: May 12, 2014, 05:07:15 AM »
To say SA is "dead" seems like an exaggeration. It's just in a downswing. Helm announced the Justicar's new charter and it erupted a huge argument about the Juisticars abusing emergency powers. Some stuck to their guns in opposition, some say the reforms could have merits. It is progressing for sure though. There the Lights are now elected too. We're in an uncertain period, but I think some new characters could help liven things up in Church life.

However we do try to keep the politics and debates to the full member channel, so you're probably not getting that Vellos.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934: May 12, 2014, 03:17:41 PM »
New dictators, yay.

Not.

Same old pointless bickering over stuff nobody has any power over.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935: May 12, 2014, 07:54:20 PM »
As the only kingdom that successfully escaped the hordes of the west to forge a new realm in the east (RIP Asylon and Niselur), I'd say that more than a couple of us are just a little busy at the moment.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936: May 12, 2014, 09:00:01 PM »
New dictators, yay.

Not.

Same old pointless bickering over stuff nobody has any power over.
You didn't mind it when you were in power.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937: May 13, 2014, 01:25:57 AM »
However we do try to keep the politics and debates to the full member channel, so you're probably not getting that Vellos.

Hm.

Well, once the Emperor of the Occidens has found a scribe, maybe he'll request full membership.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Zakilevo

« Reply #3938: May 15, 2014, 04:44:15 AM »
"The Austere Order working with the forces of the Morek Empire under Ordermarshal Helm, defeated Asylon in their last stronghold of Unterstrom. The Austere Order now works to secure the domain of Astrum's new borders."

From Wiki.

It is quite funny how Astrum lost the war but won at the end. The Blood Stars be praised! Monsters were blessings of the Blood Stars! Should call the event the 'Cleansing' or something  ;)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #3939: May 15, 2014, 06:50:29 AM »
Hurray. Congrats on killing one of the most active and populous realms of Dwilight, a realm that was probably the one thing keeping many of the players interested in the game. Surely something to be celebrated with as much pomp as can be mustered.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940: May 15, 2014, 11:28:38 AM »
I really don't understand why Astrum/Morek didn't toy with Asylon for a while. They immediately went for the kill. They could have bottled Asylon in Unterstrom and a rural or two and had jolly good war for years to come.

I supposed Asylon whooped them too hard the first time and the theocracies thought it was a fight for their own survival.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941: May 15, 2014, 04:31:26 PM »
As someone who's had a few realms destroyed out from under him, it stinks, but you move on. If you were really emotionally invested and you feel too upset about it, take a break and come back later.

The "revenge for a lost nation" plot line can be very fun.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #3942: May 15, 2014, 05:50:22 PM »
As someone who's had a few realms destroyed out from under him, it stinks, but you move on. If you were really emotionally invested and you feel too upset about it, take a break and come back later.

The "revenge for a lost nation" plot line can be very fun.

Well you are an older player with at least 4-5 noble slots. New players, who made up most of Asylon's population, only have 2 noble slots. So most of their experience is of Asylon. The fact that you say this shows how out of touch you are with the newer players of the game.

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943: May 15, 2014, 07:10:33 PM »
Hurray. Congrats on killing one of the most active and populous realms of Dwilight, a realm that was probably the one thing keeping many of the players interested in the game. Surely something to be celebrated with as much pomp as can be mustered.

Well, let's be honest here. Asylon enjoyed beating up on Astrum for quite a long time with relative impunity. Working with your Niselurian comrades, you very nearly destroyed what was once one of the most powerful kingdoms in Dwilight. We all got !@#$ed when the monster hordes invaded, only we had allies in he east we could work with of an exit strategy and Asylon did not.

I really don't understand why Astrum/Morek didn't toy with Asylon for a while. They immediately went for the kill. They could have bottled Asylon in Unterstrom and a rural or two and had jolly good war for years to come.

If you had just been forced to leave your house, and the new house you're moving into already has squatters sitting in it (armed with swords), do you toy with them? Or do you clean house? This was a different kind of war than the others because we were fighting over the same piece of land to make our home, rather than exchanging border regions that were expendable.

As a warrior and a general my duty is to kill the enemy, period. Mission Accomplished.

Also, Asylon still lives on. They've already reclaimed two rurals south of the Desert of Sillouettes. The Bear rises again...

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:12:53 PM by Qyasogk »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944: May 15, 2014, 11:15:56 PM »
You didn't mind it when you were in power.

When "I was in power", as you say (my top rank was luminary, I believe), all posts had some level of accountability and all ranks were voted in some form or another. There were opportunities when one was discontent with the ones in power to eventually replace them, without being forced to form a whole new religion.