Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042645 times)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1381: August 24, 2012, 06:25:01 PM »
If anyone wonders:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compurgation

Make the number of people to swear they believe her 100. I want to see if she can do it.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382: August 24, 2012, 06:29:19 PM »
If anyone wonders:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compurgation

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if she were later found guilty of heresy, doesn't compurgation imply they are all guilty of heresy then? i.e. you take a risk in supporting the accused?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383: August 24, 2012, 06:52:51 PM »
Yeah, it might be medieval but it was still a slap on the wrist in my opinion.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384: August 24, 2012, 07:22:05 PM »
Yeah, it might be medieval but it was still a slap on the wrist in my opinion.

Royals didn't usually get more than that without a bloody uprising either before or immediately after.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385: August 24, 2012, 07:26:42 PM »
Well, that would be true if the trial was simply done by Kabrinskian nobles within Kabrinskia. But when you leave a realm you no longer keep that ranking, (game mechanics wise anyways). RP-wise I can kinda see calling Allison a royal I guess though.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386: August 24, 2012, 07:52:19 PM »
They never told Allison she has to get supporters.  She just has to make a statement in a temple.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387: August 24, 2012, 08:40:05 PM »
They never told Allison she has to get supporters.  She just has to make a statement in a temple.

Yeah, Pierre didn't seem to care about that part.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388: August 24, 2012, 08:49:20 PM »
The way Lysander described it, it seemed way worse than what Pierre said.  I think I just got a "good cop/bad cop" .  Annoy the hell out of me with tedious dumb things and then Pierre swoops in and lays out a simple procedure.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389: August 24, 2012, 09:09:29 PM »
She just has to make a statement in a temple.

No, she has to swear an oath disavowing her supposedly heretical statements. That is much different than simply making a statement. If you swear the oath, and then repeat your statements, you will have no defense at all. You can be freely kicked out, executed, etc.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390: August 24, 2012, 09:09:50 PM »
The way Lysander described it, it seemed way worse than what Pierre said.  I think I just got a "good cop/bad cop" .  Annoy the hell out of me with tedious dumb things and then Pierre swoops in and lays out a simple procedure.

Haha, Pierre pitched it as a softball. It should have been a bit more detailed in my opinion, but hey, he gave me the opportunity to amend it. I was just too busy going back and forth with Allison  :P

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391: August 24, 2012, 09:26:26 PM »
No, she has to swear an oath disavowing her supposedly heretical statements. That is much different than simply making a statement. If you swear the oath, and then repeat your statements, you will have no defense at all. You can be freely kicked out, executed, etc.
So instead of a slap on the wrist, it is more like pointing the gun at Allison and saying, "Do anything wrong and we shoot, or atleast we will throw you out of our building!"
― G.K. Chesterton

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392: August 24, 2012, 09:37:54 PM »

Bah!

Lame.

Woulda loved to have seen Allison's supporters forced to swear oaths on her behalf, binding themselves utterly, body and soul, to her cause.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393: August 24, 2012, 09:50:43 PM »
Bah!

Lame.

Woulda loved to have seen Allison's supporters forced to swear oaths on her behalf, binding themselves utterly, body and soul, to her cause.

That would have been easy I think.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394: August 24, 2012, 10:10:00 PM »
Roleplay from Allison Kabrinski   (just sent)
Message sent to all full members of "Sanguis Astroism" (80 recipients)
Allison traveled to the temple in Port Nebel to make her public statement and to rid herself of this annoying Magistratum trial.  She knelt at the front of the temple.

"I, Allison Kabrinski swear that I have not made the statements that I am accused of.  Further, even though I helped to write it and I have already sworn an oath by it, I would like to reaffirm the Creed."

Looking up at the priests she stood up and walked over to them.

"Let it be known that I have yet to see any of the evidence against me nor have I seen letters in which I supposedly dismiss the Holy Prophet's prophetic nature as mere guesswork or that I claim that the Prophet has not reached Enlightenment.  I wish to be done with this foolish trial.  Only 1 Magistrate even bothered to talk to me about the charges and even then their tone was assumtive of my guilt.  I was not allowed to call witnesses even though others were called as witnesses against me.  If the accused is not allowed to see what evidence is against them or to call witnesses then what kind of trial is that?  I was not even allowed to face my accuser."

On her way out the door she turned and made one more passing remark.

"If you happen to see Sister Jonsu tell her to watch her back.  I will have my vengeance with her soon enough."

That should cover what I was required to do.