Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042756 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1545: September 17, 2012, 11:15:33 PM »
Did you not read my post?

So...you're arguing with yourself, now?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546: September 17, 2012, 11:18:51 PM »
So...you're arguing with yourself, now?
He should have done a double quote, but he was just showing the quote they didn't read.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chaotrance13

« Reply #1547: September 17, 2012, 11:39:44 PM »
No, I read it. But I wasn't exactly sure what it had to do with Alaron, if anything. Unless Gustav's fighting his corner or something in Kabrinskia's circles.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:49:12 PM by Ravier »

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548: September 18, 2012, 02:58:26 AM »
I don't know what it has to do with your post either but it seems the most logical versus it just being him arguing with himself.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549: November 05, 2012, 08:36:57 PM »
The Consul elections are complete and the Regent elections have begun.

Already looks like it will be a somewhat heated fight.

Let the lord of chaos rule election debates begin!
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1550: November 05, 2012, 08:56:33 PM »
I can't even remember what post I was talking about...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551: November 06, 2012, 02:31:09 AM »
Based on the horrible decline in voting participation, I think the vast majority of the church is simply fed up with the way things are going. We're at the lowest full member count I forever. The ridiculous arguments that are constantly running back and forth are a real killer for the church.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552: November 06, 2012, 02:44:09 AM »
Based on the horrible decline in voting participation, I think the vast majority of the church is simply fed up with the way things are going. We're at the lowest full member count I forever. The ridiculous arguments that are constantly running back and forth are a real killer for the church.

Very true.

I'm guessing as well that since your character hasn't been able to solve it thus far that you have no idea how.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Devercia

• Freeman
  • Llewellyn Cryfdwr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553: November 06, 2012, 03:28:01 AM »
Were it not an election, and without the inevitable accusations of election fraud, I would suggest Brance start issuing censures. Censures with bite.

Mudslinging is largely a consequence of disenfranchisement, with the public more concerned about who is not elected than the virtues of an otherwise mediocre candidate that will be elected.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:30:16 AM by Devercia »
Llewellyn Cryfdwr
Deverka Cryfdwr - Founder and First Grandmaster of Morek, Co-Founder of Sanguis Astroism

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554: November 06, 2012, 03:31:58 AM »
WE NEED A CRUSADE!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Devercia

• Freeman
  • Llewellyn Cryfdwr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555: November 06, 2012, 03:38:33 AM »
I hear Jonsu has binders full of crusades.
Llewellyn Cryfdwr
Deverka Cryfdwr - Founder and First Grandmaster of Morek, Co-Founder of Sanguis Astroism

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556: November 06, 2012, 03:56:48 AM »
I don't really have time to do anything about it. Several of the people involved won't respond to any kind of censure, short of expulsion. And we already have people in the priesthood that have threatened to use the fact that they are priests to prevent their removal. And then too many people are too disillusioned with the way things are going to be interested in doing anything at all to help fix it.

I know that some of you think that this bickering and the power-plays is the core of the game, but I really think you don't understand how many of the players consider that the ultimate buzz-kill for them.

*sigh* ... I had plans for things to do with this regency. Unfortunately RL took over and kicked my ass. I haven't had time to do much IG for months.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557: November 06, 2012, 05:08:51 AM »
I know that some of you think that this bickering and the power-plays is the core of the game, but I really think you don't understand how many of the players consider that the ultimate buzz-kill for them.

I think there is a large difference between bickering and power plays though. Bickering is a buzz kill, power plays though usually tend to invigorate fun for lots of players.

Power plays are things like seceding a duchy, starting a rebellion, banning a set of troublesome nobles or so, stealing half the gold of the realm, turning 90% of your realm over to another realm because you're duke and fed up with the ruler.

Those things I think are valuable for game play.

However, many ppl use bickering to set up power plays which kind of ruins the point.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558: November 06, 2012, 12:40:26 PM »
And we already have people in the priesthood that have threatened to use the fact that they are priests to prevent their removal.

I really do hate this mechanic, and consider it a miracle it hasn't been abused to death already.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559: November 06, 2012, 01:38:38 PM »
I think there is a large difference between bickering and power plays though.

Sure there is.

It's the difference between a political election season and attack ads.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan