Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045529 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1575: November 07, 2012, 03:58:15 AM »
Solari started a religion on the Colonies based on a bit of theology I worked out for a sort of "anti-SA" religion that casts the Bloodstars as the three eyes of an evil god.
Interesting though I hope Solari role plays that properly through Malus and the other character, which in essence only means two things in my mind. First no info-funneling, and if Malus were to ever be on the same continent as the other character that they are not allies/don't get along. I say this because of Malus's priesthood vs the new characters both showing great interest in their religion which are quite against each other.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576: November 07, 2012, 04:07:08 AM »
I'm not sure why you think there would ever be any "info-funneling". What could an SA religion on Dwilight ever have to say to help out an "anti-SA" religion on the Colonies? And what would Malus have to do with anything? And what does anything that's happening on Dwilight have to do with anything on the Colonies? (And vice-versa.) The religion is loosely based on some theology I worked out years ago. So far as I know, he has nout founded it in some attempt to damage or wipe out SA. That would be a ridiculous thing to start on the Colonies. It merely uses some portion of the SA theology, albeit in a way that casts the Bloodtsars in an entirely different aspect.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577: November 07, 2012, 06:07:36 AM »
I'm not sure why you think there would ever be any "info-funneling". What could an SA religion on Dwilight ever have to say to help out an "anti-SA" religion on the Colonies? And what would Malus have to do with anything? And what does anything that's happening on Dwilight have to do with anything on the Colonies? (And vice-versa.) The religion is loosely based on some theology I worked out years ago. So far as I know, he has nout founded it in some attempt to damage or wipe out SA. That would be a ridiculous thing to start on the Colonies. It merely uses some portion of the SA theology, albeit in a way that casts the Bloodtsars in an entirely different aspect.
Not specific info-funneling but more like my cousin Malus has told me all about the banker position so I would be a great candidate. So it's not secret specific stuff but just because for instance he as a player can do a great job of banker his cousin would not be sharing that info thus his other character wouldn't know much about it. Sadly this example isn't exactly what I mean as there are very few cases in which it would apply.

Actually, connected to banking lets say someone is stealing from realm, and it is pointing toward the banker, the other character can not say, my cousin malus has told me about banking at that it seems only the banker would be able to steal that much as they are the only individual who has access to that much gold.  Like I said there are very few cases it would apply to and thus it would be pretty easy to not even have a chance to as its quite rare.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578: November 07, 2012, 06:20:27 AM »
I really do hate this mechanic, and consider it a miracle it hasn't been abused to death already.

It... hasn't?
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

egamma

« Reply #1579: November 07, 2012, 06:33:55 AM »
Interesting though I hope Solari role plays that properly through Malus and the other character, which in essence only means two things in my mind. First no info-funneling, and if Malus were to ever be on the same continent as the other character that they are not allies/don't get along. I say this because of Malus's priesthood vs the new characters both showing great interest in their religion which are quite against each other.

Here's the whole of the wiki, and probably half of the theology of the religion:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/The_Blinded_God

Basically, all he's using is the three red stars in the sky, but he's interpreting them as three eyes of a single god, which had been blinded by some other evil gods. Who says that the Blinded God is evil?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580: November 07, 2012, 06:39:21 AM »
The original theology I wrote for The Book of the Blinded God cast the three-eyed god as evil. It was intended to be a foil for SA. The intention was to use create a separate interpretation for the three lights in the sky, and to explain why they grow bright and dim. It even acknowledged their influence on humans, but referred to the as Greed, etc. Negative traits instead of positive. The SA followers were described as either innocent dupes or willing conspirators of evil.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581: November 07, 2012, 06:41:45 AM »
Here's the whole of the wiki, and probably half of the theology of the religion:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/The_Blinded_God

Basically, all he's using is the three red stars in the sky, but he's interpreting them as three eyes of a single god, which had been blinded by some other evil gods. Who says that the Blinded God is evil?
This does not sound anti-SA but post-SA as in the religion failed and was lost so the blood stars were actually three eyes of a god that was weakened due to jealous gods attacking him (other religions destroying SA due to them all being jealous of its greatness.) Remi seems more like a priest of SA from the future and not one of an enemy of SA.
― G.K. Chesterton

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582: November 07, 2012, 06:42:19 AM »
The original theology I wrote for The Book of the Blinded God cast the three-eyed god as evil. It was intended to be a foil for SA. The intention was to use create a separate interpretation for the three lights in the sky, and to explain why they grow bright and dim. It even acknowledged their influence on humans, but referred to the as Greed, etc. Negative traits instead of positive. The SA followers were described as either innocent dupes or willing conspirators of evil.
That may be the original but is not what is currently being used.
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583: November 07, 2012, 06:44:11 AM »
No, Solari did change it somewhat. I'm just describing the way I originally wrote it.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584: November 07, 2012, 08:21:29 AM »
I hope that kicking out priests waits until they code in schisms.  There should be repercussions to kicking out a priest.  If Schisms ever do get coded I think SA would splinter fairly fast.  The only way Allison would ever do that is if she were kicked out.  She swore an oath long ago to never found a new religion.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Zakilevo

« Reply #1585: November 07, 2012, 09:45:58 AM »
Schism would probably be only allowed by high ranking members :(

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586: November 07, 2012, 12:46:56 PM »
It... hasn't?

I'd figure there'd be a greater amount of complaining on the forums if it had.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587: November 07, 2012, 02:42:23 PM »
This does not sound anti-SA but post-SA as in the religion failed and was lost so the blood stars were actually three eyes of a god that was weakened due to jealous gods attacking him (other religions destroying SA due to them all being jealous of its greatness.) Remi seems more like a priest of SA from the future and not one of an enemy of SA.

This is kinda-sorta accurate. It's really more of an independent take on the phenomenon of three geostationary stars in the night sky. The theology itself is a little thin right now, because I'm a) overwhelmed with a new house and new job and b) it's not really my personal style to come up with a fully-baked religion, ready for people to adopt. Part of the fun is filling in the details among the faithful. As to whether the Blinded God is evil, well... that's all a matter of perspective, isn't it?  ::)

Zakilevo

« Reply #1588: November 11, 2012, 03:29:22 AM »
LOL Allison getting kicked out of her own realm. Hilarious stuff. I wonder where she will go next.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589: November 11, 2012, 04:30:12 AM »
How the wheel turns.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova