Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042692 times)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1635: November 12, 2012, 09:52:55 PM »
If you're going to have one person control your entire realm as a single duchy, you should be prepared to face the consequences.

If we've learned anything, it's to not trust the people that realms are named after.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636: November 12, 2012, 09:57:26 PM »
Especially when that one person is known to be hilariously unstable.

You mean being comicly insane isn't a required trait to be a leader on this game? ...God I miss Norland

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637: November 13, 2012, 01:47:02 PM »
In other, more directly-related-to-IC news, a Magistratum is being rustled up against Allison. Again. Only this time, the composition of the Elders is rather less hospitable toward her.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 01:49:22 PM by Solari »

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638: November 13, 2012, 02:25:52 PM »
The vote for a Magistratum failed already.  It is impossible for them to gain sufficient votes to fulfil the rules for calling a Magistratum.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639: November 13, 2012, 02:37:19 PM »
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. For non-theocratic issues, there are no specific criteria for the votes. The vote sits at 4-3. If it ended today, that's a vote *for* a trial.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640: November 13, 2012, 02:43:47 PM »
I am accused of interfering in a holy and sacred election.  That seems rather theocratic to me.   If it weren't a Theocratic issue Mordaunt could have simply called for a magistratum without a vote.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641: November 13, 2012, 02:54:43 PM »
Theocratic issues refers to things like Heresy and matters of theology (as is explained in the Charter). Charges of bribery, corruption, and forgery are not matters of theology. And Mordaunt doesn't really know the Charter. It seems that many of the Elders have never read the Charter, or seem to think the Charter says something other than what it really says.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642: November 13, 2012, 03:49:12 PM »
Theocratic issues refers to things like Heresy and matters of theology (as is explained in the Charter). Charges of bribery, corruption, and forgery are not matters of theology. And Mordaunt doesn't really know the Charter. It seems that many of the Elders have never read the Charter, or seem to think the Charter says something other than what it really says.

Or know it very well, and are happy to run roughshod over it in order to get at Allison.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643: November 13, 2012, 03:51:34 PM »
Or know it very well, and are happy to run roughshod over it in order to get at Allison.

...From what he's just said, it sounds like their misuse of the Charter, whether through ignorance or choice, is actually delaying them in "getting at Allison."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644: November 13, 2012, 06:09:14 PM »
It's not so much about knowledge of the Charter (Brance does know it well, as does Rabisu) as opinions regarding this specific kerfuffle (Brance is in favor of a Magistratum, Rabisu is not). Many things influence opinions. It's kinda funny to see anti-Allison conspiracies alleged... I remember when Glaumring (et al) saw pro-Allison "cabals" conspiring too. She's just a controversial character, evoking high emotional tensions is all.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645: November 13, 2012, 07:21:16 PM »
It's not so much about knowledge of the Charter (Brance does know it well, as does Rabisu) as opinions regarding this specific kerfuffle (Brance is in favor of a Magistratum, Rabisu is not). Many things influence opinions. It's kinda funny to see anti-Allison conspiracies alleged... I remember when Glaumring (et al) saw pro-Allison "cabals" conspiring too. She's just a controversial character, evoking high emotional tensions is all.

We're not organized enough to be a conspiracy.

There's just a pretty large group of people who really hate her.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646: November 13, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »
The Magisterium is a joke.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647: November 14, 2012, 04:16:37 AM »
We're not organized enough to be a conspiracy.

There's just a pretty large group of people who really hate her.

^ +1

Even people who just hear rumours tend to dislike her. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a single good thing written about Allison.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648: November 14, 2012, 04:39:45 AM »
She can be very effective in assembling support for her goals. She is very influential, and very capable of handling the dirty jobs. She gets things done.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649: November 14, 2012, 04:41:28 AM »
She can be very effective in assembling support for her goals. She is very influential, and very capable of handling the dirty jobs. She gets things done.

Heresy!!!

Call a Magisterium!
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."