Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045947 times)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1650: November 14, 2012, 05:09:32 AM »
She's very enthusiastic and energetic, full of zest and zeal. And when she puts her efforts toward doing a thing, she won't let it go. Like a dog with a bone, just chewing and chewing.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651: November 14, 2012, 01:20:14 PM »
The Fall of Allison.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652: November 14, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
MAGISTRATUM. Not Magisterium. The first refers to judicial process, and is the singular accusative form of magistrate. The second refers to the teaching authority of the Catholic Church, specifically bishops and the pope. I don't mean to be pedantic, but this sort of thing is popping up regularly IC, too. One of SA's charms is that it has words and institutions that are wholly unto themselves, so that if I say "magistratum", it conjures up all sorts of thoughts. Confusing the terms dilutes that power over time.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653: November 14, 2012, 02:48:07 PM »
She can be very effective in assembling support for her goals. She is very influential, and very capable of handling the dirty jobs. She gets things done.

And this is why the trials are a joke. She does more for SA than anyone else yet always gets in trouble and a slap on the wrist while the rest of the theocracies sit and wait for her. She is the single defining entity of SA, the face of SA more poweful than the regent or prophet himself.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654: November 14, 2012, 03:55:42 PM »
Some day she'll get in over her head. The fact that a priest cannot be kicked out is the biggest problem. We all know she can't be kicked out. That makes the trials a bit difficult. What can they really do to her? You can pronounce RP punishments all you want. But if you can't *really* do anything to her, then what's the point? If she could be kicked out, then  the Magistratum would be more effective.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655: November 14, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »
MAGISTRATUM. Not Magisterium. The first refers to judicial process, and is the singular accusative form of magistrate. The second refers to the teaching authority of the Catholic Church, specifically bishops and the pope. I don't mean to be pedantic, but this sort of thing is popping up regularly IC, too. One of SA's charms is that it has words and institutions that are wholly unto themselves, so that if I say "magistratum", it conjures up all sorts of thoughts. Confusing the terms dilutes that power over time.

Thank you for the context. Me personally, I was already aware of this, but was intentionally messing it up as I feel the whole issue is amusing. I was caught it seems.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656: November 14, 2012, 06:36:45 PM »
Some day she'll get in over her head. The fact that a priest cannot be kicked out is the biggest problem. We all know she can't be kicked out. That makes the trials a bit difficult. What can they really do to her? You can pronounce RP punishments all you want. But if you can't *really* do anything to her, then what's the point? If she could be kicked out, then  the Magistratum would be more effective.

I know what you can do:

1. Create a new novice rank: "Heretic"
2. Publicly pronounce Allison as an enemy of the faith. State that any who aid her, change her rank, or allow her to remain in their realm will become an enemy of the faith.
3. Require all theocratic judges to ban and execute her on sight.
4. Announce that any realm allowing her to remain more than a week will have a crusade called upon them.

Done.

(Optional)
5. Announce that term 4 will be retracted when Allison voluntarily leaves SA.

Mission accomplished.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657: November 14, 2012, 06:48:04 PM »
I have thought of this as well.

Although a priest cannot be a novice rank.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658: November 14, 2012, 06:55:39 PM »
I have thought of this as well.

Although a priest cannot be a novice rank.

I can't help but disagree with many of these priest rules. I understand the reasoning behind them, but not being able to get rid of a priest causes serious issues.

The plan can be implemented just as well with a new full member rank though.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659: November 14, 2012, 06:56:06 PM »
I know what you can do:

2. Publicly pronounce Allison as an enemy of the faith. State that any who aid her, change her rank, or allow her to remain in their realm will become an enemy of the faith.
4. Announce that any realm allowing her to remain more than a week will have a crusade called upon them.

Done.

(Optional)
5. Announce that term 4 will be retracted when Allison voluntarily leaves SA.

Mission accomplished.

Indeed, the theocracies can be used as agents of enforcement– slap a ban on her as soon as she enters each.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660: November 14, 2012, 07:06:58 PM »
I know what you can do:

4. Announce that any realm allowing her to remain more than a week will have a crusade called upon them. Witness the failure of your plan as a good half of your faith is more than willing to aid her, be a laughing stock for the rest of your days.

Or, you know, maybe not. But maybe yes. If game-mechanic protection was all Allison had, a way would have been found a long time ago. It remains that many people do not actually want her gone.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661: November 14, 2012, 07:55:45 PM »
I had been planning to do something similar with other priests in the past. Chrisxan Al-Cyr was one of them. There was another, too, but he also disappeared. I was thinking of something like "False Priest" or "Accursed of the Bloodstars". You can tailor the title to whatever you need, and toss on a rather large monthly fee and a 0 debt limit for the rank as well.

It seems that we have had more than a few priests who, once outed as troublemakers/spies/etc., have disappeared. In at least one case, the entire family disappeared. Few people are willing to continue playing such an outcast priest.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662: November 14, 2012, 10:11:26 PM »
Issues with troublesome priests/priestesses usually resolve themselves when one of them gets imprisoned and beheaded. It's the very effective gaming of the system that Allison has done as an Elder that has presented the greatest challenge to people that have tried to oust her. The Charter is very specific about a Magistratum called for theological matters. There's much more leeway granted when one is called by the Regent for temporal matters, as happened with Mordaunt. The charges presented so far aren't even remotely theological in nature, and a vote wasn't really required (Elders, especially the Regent, should really read the Charter!) so the Magistratum will be proceeding apace.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663: November 14, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »
Is this whole Allison thing the only big event going on in SA these days? Jeeze, Allison is pretty much the lifeblood and posterchild of SA (publicly and to outsiders, at least) since she keeps the RPs rolling and the intrigue steaming, that's the sole reason why she won't be beheaded any time soon - she provides too many good RP opportunities in an otherwise boring-as-f*ck atmosphere. I wish there was more intrigue in SA, what's point in a huge theological collective without infighting? Hell, even the Holy Roman Empire had its issues. Massive... Massive... Issues... Its just more fun that way. :) SA is both the highlight and the bane of Dwilight, and its influence will make or break the fun times to be had. I don't like watching players emigrate or quit because they're bored of how things go. All my friends who joined SA realms quit from boredom. :| Ironically the only who remained in BM are myself in Terran, a friend in Aurvandil, my friend Astrom (ha!) who joined Astrum quit recently from boredom, I haven't heard a whimper from anyone from Summerdale in ages, and I think that's it.

SA has so much potential! C'mon guys, lets make Dwilight the center of attention with some much-needed conflict! Start planning ahead for once this Aurvandil fiasco is over. See who you really, really like, see who you see yourself having good RP conflict with, and work your magic! If you need help, shoot Alura Aurea a message IC or OOC, I type a good 5 to 20 thousand words a day in my writing activities to keep in practice and write stories, poetry, and lyrics in various styles and themes. (Though Scifi will always be my main one.) I am ALWAYS up to help make things interesting if someone needs help with a plot or RP idea. :)
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664: November 14, 2012, 10:25:00 PM »
Is this whole Allison thing the only big event going on in SA these days?

This was pretty much my impression, though I think those trying to oust her want that spotlight for themselves. Question is, would they do more with it?

SA has so much potential! C'mon guys, lets make Dwilight the center of attention with some much-needed conflict! Start planning ahead for once this Aurvandil fiasco is over. See who you really, really like, see who you see yourself having good RP conflict with, and work your magic! If you need help, shoot Alura Aurea a message IC or OOC, I type a good 5 to 20 thousand words a day in my writing activities to keep in practice and write stories, poetry, and lyrics in various styles and themes. (Though Scifi will always be my main one.) I am ALWAYS up to help make things interesting if someone needs help with a plot or RP idea. :)

Hm, Paul did think Alura was neat. And... Marshal now, too, hrmmm... Let's see if he keeps his own army after New Kabrinskia or whatever we're gonna call (Not that) it is reformed.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:27:10 PM by Marlboro »
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.