Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042516 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1755: January 06, 2013, 02:48:42 PM »
Always thought it would be different... Like, big and grand. This is rather tame.

Anything big and grand would immediately bring down the full brunt of the north, though hopefully this'll inspire something like that.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756: January 06, 2013, 04:05:58 PM »
That's not true at all. Something big could be done by the right person, in the right way. But Allison isn't the right person, and her choice of names is deliberately provocative.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757: January 06, 2013, 06:30:26 PM »
Always thought it would be different... Like, big and grand. This is rather tame.

Its a start and a very healthy one for Dwilight. I know the founders of SA have a dream of ruling all of Dwilight as SA, well... Its not going to happen and instead of running SA like it magically will and sitting in their realms the next 100 years in boredom start to have fun.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758: January 06, 2013, 07:08:38 PM »
instead of running SA like it magically will

All sufficiently advanced politics is indistinguishable from magic.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759: January 06, 2013, 08:45:23 PM »
Chenier keeps sugesting to just put gold into D'hara and Terran.
But if the SA has already plenty of Gold stacked up then wouldnt it be better to just colonize a piece of land with plenty of inhabitants like chesney duchy, go there with 30 nobles and 50k gold and just launch wave after wave.
Terran would have to give up some land but we all know SA could do more with it in this war.
The European christians also had to settle in the cities they took to effectively fight to conquer the holy lands.
Technically Terran couldn't really allow that as without Chesney they can't be apart of the moot.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760: January 06, 2013, 11:00:41 PM »
If they could afford to bleed so many nobles, and wanted to, they wouldn't even need to found a new realm, they could just join up the existing realms.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761: January 07, 2013, 12:30:59 AM »
If they could afford to bleed so many nobles, and wanted to, they wouldn't even need to found a new realm, they could just join up the existing realms.

I think it would somehow an exploit of the game mechanics regardless of the "cultural identity" of a group of nobles. I mean, in order to resupply to keep on with the campaign, you'd join the realm whose borders contact the enemy. And they're not even from federated realms, nor some kind of "cultural core" very close to the realm which they'd join.

I'm talking without knowing exactly all the issues, but I think what Penchant says could have a point, in a non-permanent way. Of course, ink rivers should be written before within the parties.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762: January 07, 2013, 12:58:41 AM »
I think it would somehow an exploit of the game mechanics regardless of the "cultural identity" of a group of nobles. I mean, in order to resupply to keep on with the campaign, you'd join the realm whose borders contact the enemy. And they're not even from federated realms, nor some kind of "cultural core" very close to the realm which they'd join.

I'm talking without knowing exactly all the issues, but I think what Penchant says could have a point, in a non-permanent way. Of course, ink rivers should be written before within the parties.
Them joining existing realms solely for the war is not against the rules AFAIK. Also they are allied and both dedicated to this war so that point doesn't really stick. He isn't talking about them joining to repair their equipment, fight, lose a bunch of men and rejoin old real to get old troops, he is talking about the nobles joining the realm for the duration of the war to give military aid.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763: January 07, 2013, 03:03:38 AM »
Technically Terran couldn't really allow that as without Chesney they can't be apart of the moot.

Yes we can.

Maroccidens or Mesoccidens.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764: January 07, 2013, 04:05:47 AM »
Yes we can.

Duh.  :-[
― G.K. Chesterton

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765: January 07, 2013, 09:05:42 AM »
Yes we can.

I am sure many in SA cant wait to found a SA realm in that area.
If the right people are in it with alot of gold stock piled and there enough RCs, it can do some serious damage.

Still cheniers point stands, they could also join the exisiting realms

Intresting things are all about to happen yet still the most interesting thing resolves around the lurian war and how it will end.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766: January 07, 2013, 09:12:34 AM »
Lurian War? LN walked in and took Shinnen Plurias with little effort. LV huddles in the capitol as their nation crumbles. Not blaming them as they are in a corner and I doubt I could have done better. Heck, my character, a LV noble, has done nothing to aid or hinder anyone. Just saying that it has not been much of a war...

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767: January 07, 2013, 09:17:48 AM »
Just saying that it has not been much of a war...

Yes indeed, but it doesn't mather, it kept three realms busy and the outcome of this 'war'  will change the shape of all three realms involved and there course for the future.

PS, if you want a real war, take your friends south.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768: January 07, 2013, 02:53:47 PM »
Sure, the Lurias and SA could go south but to what gain?  If the 'Moot can't take care of themselves why should others bother helping them?  I don't believe a Crusade will be called. 

Quite frankly, The north should take Terran, Aurvandil should take Barca and the Lurias should take D'hara.  Then the 3 factions will be within striking distance of one another and the real wars can start.   Unless of course you like the idea of paying Terran to fight a war for you or you like the idea of a gang bang.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769: January 07, 2013, 03:02:49 PM »
Sure, the Lurias and SA could go south but to what gain?  If the 'Moot can't take care of themselves why should others bother helping them?  I don't believe a Crusade will be called. 
I dont know If a crusade would be called, but i could imagine it happening.
Atleast from my characters perspective it would.

The Sa would definatly gain alot from a crusade colony in Chesney.
A. To gain of a first theocratic stronghold on the marocidens and the south
B. Efectivley destroy or convert the heathen scum, heatens are bad, mkay.