Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042737 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1845: January 29, 2013, 04:42:13 AM »
btw JeVondair– Rynn should totes join SA. It's what all the cool kids are doing.

Meh. Rynn's not a sceneboy, and no one has ever really tried to "illuminate" him. Besides, the RP of him being of the desert tribes fits too well with VE. The disowned and disgraced Lion'el, who disavowed VE in favor of SA when he renounced ties to his family and proper speech, will have to do.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846: January 29, 2013, 04:59:32 AM »
Once we have everyone, we can declare victory. Then we can dissolve it all, and let everyone get back to their normal, boring religions.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847: January 29, 2013, 05:57:31 AM »
Meh. Rynn's not a sceneboy

We have a hipster prime minister? eh, it suits us.  ;)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848: January 29, 2013, 09:27:32 AM »

I present... Rynn.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:30:33 AM by Stabbity »
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849: January 29, 2013, 10:26:47 AM »
The woman who was leading AP just joined... Wtf?

Religious continuity much? ;)

Oh yeah, the decision was made lightly and there was absolutely no circumstances leading up to it. I guess you really do know everything...

...Nawt.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850: January 29, 2013, 10:36:56 AM »
I can vouch for that. There is quite a back story behind Alice's moves. Now I just need to sort out how Brantley is going to react to it all...

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851: January 29, 2013, 01:51:46 PM »
Once we have everyone, we can declare victory. Then we can dissolve it all, and let everyone get back to their normal, boring religions.

Nonsense. Either schisms will get coded, and we'll have legit wars over the Church's resources, or we'll treat the whole enterprise like the Catholic Church in medieval times, as a broker of war and intrigue. It's a fine line between smothering people in peace and nudging people into periodic but not catastrophic religious war, but I'm confident that we'll figure it out. And if not, then we'll just do what you suggest. ;D

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852: January 29, 2013, 05:47:26 PM »
Oh yeah, the decision was made lightly and there was absolutely no circumstances leading up to it. I guess you really do know everything...

...Nawt.

Aww, little Arundel has a hurt feeling!  ;)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853: January 29, 2013, 06:08:12 PM »
Nonsense. Either schisms will get coded, and we'll have legit wars over the Church's resources, or we'll treat the whole enterprise like the Catholic Church in medieval times, as a broker of war and intrigue. It's a fine line between smothering people in peace and nudging people into periodic but not catastrophic religious war, but I'm confident that we'll figure it out. And if not, then we'll just do what you suggest. ;D

I would really like to see SA gain convenient wide dominance. To that end I am also not as excited about schisms as others might be. Having a single, dominant, religion would add so much to the SMA feel of Dwight. Suddenly, characters are religious or not and pieces of the carious codes of chivalry fit so much more nicely. I would so love to see this happen!

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854: January 29, 2013, 08:31:57 PM »
I'm with Tom in that I think religion in BM should more often serve as a flashpoint for conflict and disputes, as it did in the Middle Ages and generally everywhere humans go. Conflict over material and land often miraculously finds justification in God, err, Bloodstars. People would often join the Catholic Church just to gain political leverage, as I'm sure a large number of Dwilight nobles have done, and use said leverage to hammer on the political competition.

I think a huge fight between the northern theocracies over some minor doctrinal point would be amazing fun and fit the bill for religion. All this peaceful cooperation is kinda unrealistic.  ;)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1855: January 29, 2013, 08:45:48 PM »
I think a huge fight between the northern theocracies over some minor doctrinal point would be amazing fun and fit the bill for religion. All this peaceful cooperation is kinda unrealistic.  ;)

A pity Alison did not keep her schism in the north, then. For My part, I wish SA took a tyrannical, self serving turn, as the Catholic popes did. I am not too familiar with precisely how religion works in this game. Is it all RP? Or is there moneyflow involved somewhere?

#everthed'haran
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856: January 29, 2013, 08:49:04 PM »
Huge money flows to the endless money pits which some people call "temples".
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857: January 29, 2013, 09:39:29 PM »
Aww, little Arundel has a hurt feeling!  ;)

Yes, many tears were had.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858: January 29, 2013, 09:51:41 PM »
I would really like to see SA gain convenient wide dominance. To that end I am also not as excited about schisms as others might be. Having a single, dominant, religion would add so much to the SMA feel of Dwight. Suddenly, characters are religious or not and pieces of the carious codes of chivalry fit so much more nicely. I would so love to see this happen!

I would like to see a plethora of religions. SA is a north eastern religion. An alien religion. The west lands have their own ways. Not say that Astrum hasnt had influence but mainly the north and Farronite and previously Asylon. With a weak Iashular and a republican Farronite and a smattering of temples in Asylon to D'Hara. If SA doesnt win against Aurvandiil those lands will divide into even more religions. The only way to fight uniformity is to become more diverse than SA.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859: January 29, 2013, 09:56:01 PM »
I would like to see a plethora of religions. SA is a north eastern religion. An alien religion. The west lands have their own ways. Not say that Astrum hasnt had influence but mainly the north and Farronite and previously Asylon. With a weak Iashular and a republican Farronite and a smattering of temples in Asylon to D'Hara. If SA doesnt win against Aurvandiil those lands will divide into even more religions. The only way to fight uniformity is to become more diverse than SA.

And yet the only way to fight those who want to destroy SA is to join up with SA, because the anti-SAers aren't very selective in their targets.

Aurvandil is one of the best thing that's happened to SA in a while, because it gives them something to unite around and because it makes joining up a lot more alluring to the non-SA states it attacks. Aurvandil doesn't help create diversity, it polarizes.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron