Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042781 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1860: January 29, 2013, 11:19:45 PM »
And yet the only way to fight those who want to destroy SA is to join up with SA, because the anti-SAers aren't very selective in their targets.

Aurvandil is one of the best thing that's happened to SA in a while, because it gives them something to unite around and because it makes joining up a lot more alluring to the non-SA states it attacks. Aurvandil doesn't help create diversity, it polarizes.

Very astute, and well said.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861: January 30, 2013, 12:03:48 AM »
And yet the only way to fight those who want to destroy SA is to join up with SA, because the anti-SAers aren't very selective in their targets.

Aurvandil is one of the best thing that's happened to SA in a while, because it gives them something to unite around and because it makes joining up a lot more alluring to the non-SA states it attacks. Aurvandil doesn't help create diversity, it polarizes.

Yet, just in a short time Cult of Bloodmoon and Orthodox Astroism have both sprung from the loins of Astroism. I once believed that you had to join them to fight them until I realized that its a cop-out. You do not fight from within, you form your ideas, found your kingdom and give blossom to your culture and fight from the outside, without diversity Dwilight is dead, and if everyone folded as easy as a D'Haran we would be souless and without any tangible form, for the question is not 'what makes a D'Haran' but what around D'Hara makes a D'Haran, you are influenced by our neighbor your are strengthened by your unique culture, Astroism is a fact, it will not go away and I hope to the heavens it never is destroyed and made a memory, I am happy for its existence, it has formed so much of my own characters history, yet I am a man of the southern islands, born in Port Raviel and that has always guided my way through my time on Dwilight, I am a person bound by the culture, and history of the tomb islands and by being that I will never again allow Astroism to become the single dominant power on Dwilight. I have seen Melodia, and then Shadovar and then D'Hara rise from those shores and your kingdom is merely a mote in history and will D'Hara be remembered as a mighty and diverse kingdom or a mere colony of an alien religion? Asylon has chosen to form its own path we respect Astroism and find it has worth, yet we are Islanders, Thulsomans, Caerwynian and even some Eastlanders, we have a history that does not allow us to tow the line and right or wrong we will maintain and try to cultivate our own history for as long as our hands can wield sword and cut flesh.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862: January 30, 2013, 01:11:37 AM »
your post got me confused Glaumring, is it you or your character who posted it?  8)
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863: January 30, 2013, 01:51:11 AM »
Yet, just in a short time Cult of Bloodmoon and Orthodox Astroism have both sprung from the loins of Astroism. I once believed that you had to join them to fight them until I realized that its a cop-out. You do not fight from within, you form your ideas, found your kingdom and give blossom to your culture and fight from the outside, without diversity Dwilight is dead, and if everyone folded as easy as a D'Haran we would be souless and without any tangible form, for the question is not 'what makes a D'Haran' but what around D'Hara makes a D'Haran, you are influenced by our neighbor your are strengthened by your unique culture, Astroism is a fact, it will not go away and I hope to the heavens it never is destroyed and made a memory, I am happy for its existence, it has formed so much of my own characters history, yet I am a man of the southern islands, born in Port Raviel and that has always guided my way through my time on Dwilight, I am a person bound by the culture, and history of the tomb islands and by being that I will never again allow Astroism to become the single dominant power on Dwilight. I have seen Melodia, and then Shadovar and then D'Hara rise from those shores and your kingdom is merely a mote in history and will D'Hara be remembered as a mighty and diverse kingdom or a mere colony of an alien religion? Asylon has chosen to form its own path we respect Astroism and find it has worth, yet we are Islanders, Thulsomans, Caerwynian and even some Eastlanders, we have a history that does not allow us to tow the line and right or wrong we will maintain and try to cultivate our own history for as long as our hands can wield sword and cut flesh.

D'Hara is not an Astroist puppet. The Prime Minister is an Elementalist. Half the nobility follow VE and the other half follow SA. Religion is usually left out of public discourse, though a little while ago there was an up-swell of skepticism regarding SA. The majority of D'Harans, Astroist or otherwise, would not tolerate the prospect of the realm becoming a theocracy. I think the nobles of DH enjoy having some religious diversity.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864: January 30, 2013, 02:13:01 AM »
Yet, just in a short time Cult of Bloodmoon and Orthodox Astroism have both sprung from the loins of Astroism.

And yet, they both hover on the verge of irrelevance. In the scope of continental politics, neither offers much. They probably add local color and RP material. But so far, neither has the power or influence to drive politics. Perhaps CoB can do some in Asylon. But OA is relegated to a meaningless fringe that serves only to  be a splinter in SAs big toe.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865: January 30, 2013, 03:20:54 AM »
And yet, they both hover on the verge of irrelevance. In the scope of continental politics, neither offers much. They probably add local color and RP material. But so far, neither has the power or influence to drive politics. Perhaps CoB can do some in Asylon. But OA is relegated to a meaningless fringe that serves only to  be a splinter in SAs big toe.

Some of our religions were not lucky enough to sprout from the first utterances of the gods when this land was formed from his word. BoC has its own history that has been in the works from the foundation of Thulsoma some 3 years ago or so. Politically we mean nothing beyond our borders, but so then does Truinism, even Verdis Elementum is barely recognized beyond a few kingdoms and survives through the good graces of my own whims in Asylon, there has been a few times I considered eradicating it from Asylon yet on the other hand realized we were strong by accepting it and its differing opinion, that we would not fall for the same trap Caerwyn did nor become a wall like Astroism. Wasn't it long ago that even SA was tolerant of another religion? I can't remember its name right now but there used to be two religions in Morek. There is also a religion in the Lurias that means nothing to the westlands, yet that doesn't diminish its importance to Dwilight.

SA is a political force, it is dominant, yet all around it people are slowly chipping away at the facade, with the Farronite 'Republic' with Swordfell, with starvation in Iashular, with Aurvandiil and Falkirkia, the independent Lurias, the fall of Solaria, with an inept Libero, with the loss of Allison Kabrinski, myself and whoever else has been chased away from SA to the very silence of the prophet on so many issues and his apparent reluctance to lead or pass the mantle. You think that D'Hara, Barca(lol) and Terran somehow weigh the scales so heavily towards SA domination? They are fickle, Chenier and his ilk are double faced cobras and merely call out to you now while there is a chance to ride on your boots never being aware that with a simple slip that they will fall beneath the Astroist toe.

Asylon does not claim for empire, nor does it preach its religion is best, we honour alliances no matter the political cost to ourselves, we defend the small and weak and we live and die by the spirit of the warrior poet. We are not popular, nor defend the best lands, we have not many alliances nor influence beyond even our own borders, yet through all this we have a consistant group of nobles that has stayed with us a long time and through thick and thin has managed to survive where many said it would be impossible, if we are here tomorrow or gone next week it does not matter, in Dwilight there is a million different victories, some are as simple as crushing or as complex as ideas that permeate the landscape like a virus.

Keep fighting, keep evolving and keep playing. Its not done yet.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866: January 30, 2013, 03:51:04 AM »

They're kinda new give them time...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867: January 30, 2013, 04:03:44 AM »
OA may be new but Cult of Bloodmoon has been around for several months and AFAIK, not been able to expand outside of Asylon.
You think that D'Hara, Barca(lol) and Terran somehow weigh the scales so heavily towards SA domination
You like to put words in people's mouths but no one said that, actually the contrary. Barca has almost no SA, D'hara is roughly even between VE and SA, and Terran is not all SA by a long shot. Also, there may be a religion in Luria but even there SA is growing with many of its higher ranked nobles being a part of SA.
yet all around it people are slowly chipping away at the facade, with the Farronite 'Republic' with Swordfell, with starvation in Iashular, with Aurvandiil and Falkirkia, the independent Lurias, the fall of Solaria, with an inept Libero,
Iashular only needs more nobles to rule over its regions, Farronite only allows SA followers to become lords, and Swordfell only allows temples of SA.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 04:12:42 AM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868: January 30, 2013, 04:21:16 AM »
Some of our religions were not lucky enough to sprout from the first utterances of the gods when this land was formed from his word. BoC has its own history that has been in the works from the foundation of Thulsoma some 3 years ago or so. Politically we mean nothing beyond our borders, but so then does Truinism, even Verdis Elementum is barely recognized beyond a few kingdoms and survives through the good graces of my own whims in Asylon, there has been a few times I considered eradicating it from Asylon yet on the other hand realized we were strong by accepting it and its differing opinion, that we would not fall for the same trap Caerwyn did nor become a wall like Astroism. Wasn't it long ago that even SA was tolerant of another religion? I can't remember its name right now but there used to be two religions in Morek. There is also a religion in the Lurias that means nothing to the westlands, yet that doesn't diminish its importance to Dwilight.

SA is a political force, it is dominant, yet all around it people are slowly chipping away at the facade, with the Farronite 'Republic' with Swordfell, with starvation in Iashular, with Aurvandiil and Falkirkia, the independent Lurias, the fall of Solaria, with an inept Libero, with the loss of Allison Kabrinski, myself and whoever else has been chased away from SA to the very silence of the prophet on so many issues and his apparent reluctance to lead or pass the mantle. You think that D'Hara, Barca(lol) and Terran somehow weigh the scales so heavily towards SA domination? They are fickle, Chenier and his ilk are double faced cobras and merely call out to you now while there is a chance to ride on your boots never being aware that with a simple slip that they will fall beneath the Astroist toe.

Asylon does not claim for empire, nor does it preach its religion is best, we honour alliances no matter the political cost to ourselves, we defend the small and weak and we live and die by the spirit of the warrior poet. We are not popular, nor defend the best lands, we have not many alliances nor influence beyond even our own borders, yet through all this we have a consistant group of nobles that has stayed with us a long time and through thick and thin has managed to survive where many said it would be impossible, if we are here tomorrow or gone next week it does not matter, in Dwilight there is a million different victories, some are as simple as crushing or as complex as ideas that permeate the landscape like a virus.

Keep fighting, keep evolving and keep playing. Its not done yet.

You realize that Luria contains a Light and Luminary, Luria's Queen and former elder of AP just joined Sanguis Astroism, and Lurian nobles are trickling into Sanguis Astroism in a fairly steady fashion. There are some diehard AP hangers on, granted, but SA is steadily increasing in presence in Luria. Solaria's absorption into Luria Nova has not adversely affected this, in fact I would dare say that its contributing to SA's growth in the region. Aurvandil and Allison's heresy have done nothing but strengthen SA and weaken other established religions. Not to mention OA is a joke at present, their public board states "A new religion." Which is pretty bad considering all one really has to do is copy and paste SA's boards in this case, make a few cosmetic and detail oriented changes, and BAM, done.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869: January 30, 2013, 04:51:39 AM »
Time will not help Orthodox Astroism. It will remain a fringe, irrelevant religion.

CoB *could* be relevant. But, for some reason, they choose not to be.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870: January 30, 2013, 05:24:00 AM »
Time will not help Orthodox Astroism. It will remain a fringe, irrelevant religion.

CoB *could* be relevant. But, for some reason, they choose not to be.

Because you would crush us out like a bug if we were more vocal. Asylon cannot fight off all of SA and their allies. We barely survived our fight with Kabrinskia, Astrum and Corsanctum. We cannot be relevant because if we were a crusade would be called and it would stamp us out. The rest of Dwilight chooses to side with the victors, if we are the losers at least we will go down as free men!

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871: January 30, 2013, 06:11:38 AM »
Reading Glaumring's rants makes me have a newfound understanding for every tyrant who viciously stomped out opposition... ever.

I think historians have underestimated the motive of crushing annoying people in interpreting the actions of dictators of the past.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872: January 30, 2013, 06:16:01 AM »
Because you would crush us out like a bug if we were more vocal. Asylon cannot fight off all of SA and their allies. We barely survived our fight with Kabrinskia, Astrum and Corsanctum. We cannot be relevant because if we were a crusade would be called and it would stamp us out.

Why would SA declare a crusade on CoB, or on Asylon for that matter? There's no reason to. It was already decided when the religion was founded that it wasn't evil, nor heretical, nor a threat. And these days it's Rabisu who has the authority to declare Crusades or not, Rabisu who ate Bloodmoon Fruit with the rest of them in Asylon and was there when the Cult was founded. So, honestly, stop worrying and be as relevant as you like!
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873: January 30, 2013, 06:27:25 AM »
Because you would crush us out like a bug if we were more vocal. Asylon cannot fight off all of SA and their allies. We barely survived our fight with Kabrinskia, Astrum and Corsanctum. We cannot be relevant because if we were a crusade would be called and it would stamp us out. The rest of Dwilight chooses to side with the victors, if we are the losers at least we will go down as free men!
There is a difference between being relevant and being at war with SA. If you were actively against SA, sure you would probably get in trouble with SA but if you merely convert nobles outside their theocracies, they might not be the happiest but they won't attack you over it. If CoB was political, SA doesn't care. You greatly overestimate SA's aggressiveness, we haven't even declared a crusade on OA, obvious heresy, nor declared it evil I believe.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874: January 30, 2013, 06:27:36 AM »
Why would SA declare a crusade on CoB, or on Asylon for that matter? There's no reason to. It was already decided when the religion was founded that it wasn't evil, nor heretical, nor a threat. And these days it's Rabisu who has the authority to declare Crusades or not, Rabisu who ate Bloodmoon Fruit with the rest of them in Asylon and was there when the Cult was founded. So, honestly, stop worrying and be as relevant as you like!
+1
― G.K. Chesterton