Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1047407 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1920: February 04, 2013, 06:38:10 PM »
It is about time SA turns against each other. Like the Christian Kings of medieval Europe.
I disagree. I refer to Bedwyr's signature which says some thing like, "You know what the chain of command is mm? Its the chain I beat you with until you know who is in command." or something like that. Basically they just need to be put in their place for committing acts against the church.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921: February 04, 2013, 07:13:33 PM »
I don't even understand which faiths they want to let in. The druggies?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922: February 04, 2013, 07:19:24 PM »
Looks like CoB, yes. Also, SA 'turning against each other' looks a lot like SA vs FR.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923: February 04, 2013, 07:53:53 PM »
And which previous situation was that?

FR freely gave the church many of the terms they wanted as they would have been given anyways. Not one letter has ever been sent back from the elders give our republic the 'Ok' to live. FR is a free state to rule as the governing boby of senators agree.

That is not true.

Hireshmont did send an okay to Khari– albeit an ambiguous one, given that FR was pretty ambiguous about their own position.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924: February 04, 2013, 08:38:15 PM »
It is about time SA turns against each other. Like the Christian Kings of medieval Europe.

This is exactly why I would love to see SA, as a single religion, be dominant across Dwilight. Once that happens, what choice is there? There is no longer SA and non -SA realms to stand off against each other. Generally, barring any threats to the church, the SA countries will be back to scheming and fighting amongst themselves. The French and English were both Christian nations but fought bitterly. Aside for when something like a crusade or excommunication came up, then they would unite in the name of the church and take care of business. Once done, back to the bitter fighting! Plus, it makes religion portable. I can simply chose to be a religious man and that will be held true most everywhere - just like in medieval Europe. I can see so many ways this would be cool in my head and just wished I could express them all...

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925: February 04, 2013, 09:55:52 PM »
Even if something happen like war between them (SA) i doubt its gonna do much, it will be over very fast and everything will be back to normal unless we see something like Astrum vs Morek or something like that. I dont think smaller realms opposing SA to some degree would not have an effect on anything.
"If you find you are falling into madness - dive."

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926: February 04, 2013, 10:20:33 PM »
You fail to take history into account.

The other thing about the 'entire dwilight SA' thing is how dead do you want Dwilight to be to get to that point.SA has had years to takeover and I dont think many of us want to wait 4 more years until they do. I have heard this line of logic before when I played UO, if everyone would just join the big guild the real fighting can begin, nope... It doesnt work like that, SA will continue to bleed break apart reform deform and change.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927: February 04, 2013, 11:02:32 PM »
I agree on that, if entire Dwilight became SA that would be no fun i bet 40% of Dwilight population would go to other continents.
"If you find you are falling into madness - dive."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928: February 04, 2013, 11:04:07 PM »
Highly doubtful.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1929: February 04, 2013, 11:36:08 PM »
When SA takes a more aggressive approach to convert Dwilight, they will receive more and more resistance. Even if they succeed to destroy every other religion, the pagans will hide in the dark to scheme. They will wait for SA members to turn their religious differences at each other and when it is the right time the pagans will strike hard and form new organised religions to combat SA at the moment their cohesion is dead and there is no strong leadership to unify the faithful against this new threat. That will be their ultimate downfall.  ::) I got dragged away somewhat in that last sentence.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930: February 04, 2013, 11:43:58 PM »
When SA takes a more aggressive approach to convert Dwilight, they will receive more and more resistance. Even if they succeed to destroy every other religion, the pagans will hide in the dark to scheme. They will wait for SA members to turn their religious differences at each other and when it is the right time the pagans will strike hard and form new organised religions to combat SA at the moment their cohesion is dead and there is no strong leadership to unify the faithful against this new threat. That will be their ultimate downfall.  ::) I got dragged away somewhat in that last sentence.
haha yeah right. Extremely hard organization and everyone in power would likely be SA considering most are now.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931: February 04, 2013, 11:50:03 PM »
Don't be fooled by their membership, Penchant. There are a significant number of "believers for convenience" in SA. If there wee other viable options for them, they would leave.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932: February 04, 2013, 11:55:18 PM »
Don't be fooled by their membership, Penchant. There are a significant number of "believers for convenience" in SA. If there wee other viable options for them, they would leave.
I am aware of that but I don't see other viable options ever happening without there ever being a unified religion of the south.
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933: February 05, 2013, 12:03:44 AM »
Then it is like a cancer, you live with the dying tissue until it kills you, or you choose to cut it out. I have nothing against SA fighting to take over Dwilight, I think it's great, I think SA is great. I am glad they are on Dwilight, but in my own case I have found it is more fun for myself to play as an underdog on the other side than to be the topdog. Plus, I prefer creating kingdoms and religions than to sitting around being told what to do. I am a noble not a peasant, I demand power and shall have it by my birthright, the rest of you can follow the prophet or a single religion, not I... I am a free man!   ;D
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934: February 05, 2013, 03:38:26 AM »

This is definitely true. If a particularly politically potent religion came along, we would see SA hemorrhage members.