Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045868 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1935: February 05, 2013, 03:40:14 AM »
This is definitely true. If a particularly politically potent religion came along, we would see SA hemorrhage members.
But as long as the south is a bunch of tiny religions, that will never happen.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936: February 05, 2013, 03:49:13 AM »
I don't know that I would say "hemorhage". It would lose some, to be sure.

I would imagine that a lot of those who leave would be those who claim they don't like the politics. So they will leave and join some apolitical religion. Which will suck, because only the politically active religions are interesting to the players, despite what they claim. And it will die on the vine. And we'll be back to SA...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937: February 05, 2013, 03:57:11 AM »
I don't know that I would say "hemorhage". It would lose some, to be sure.

I would imagine that a lot of those who leave would be those who claim they don't like the politics. So they will leave and join some apolitical religion. Which will suck, because only the politically active religions are interesting to the players, despite what they claim. And it will die on the vine. And we'll be back to SA...

I agree, boring religions die fast. But if there were some hypothetical second religion that had clout and promised ultimate power, wealth, virgins, etc., I think SA would certainly significantly sink for the convenience factor. Ismail, as a perennial pragmatist would probably consider jumping ship if it would benefit him, though he would never admit that, eve to himself. Honor and all that!  :D

It would be cool to see some religious movement sweep the south and unite all the smaller religions, but I don't really know what could accomplish that. I'm enjoying the fundamentalism of the Bloodspeakers on BT, maybe some similar grand old pagan revival could unite against SA and provide a viable counterweight.

Hmm, I wonder what would happen if CoB, VE and AP had lovechildren...

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938: February 05, 2013, 04:31:08 AM »
Hmmm. The needle in Rabisu's Crusade Compass is starting to point in a new direction.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1939: February 05, 2013, 04:56:53 AM »
I agree, boring religions die fast. But if there were some hypothetical second religion that had clout and promised ultimate power, wealth, virgins, etc., I think SA would certainly significantly sink for the convenience factor. Ismail, as a perennial pragmatist would probably consider jumping ship if it would benefit him, though he would never admit that, eve to himself. Honor and all that!  :D

It would be cool to see some religious movement sweep the south and unite all the smaller religions, but I don't really know what could accomplish that. I'm enjoying the fundamentalism of the Bloodspeakers on BT, maybe some similar grand old pagan revival could unite against SA and provide a viable counterweight.

Here Allison! C'mere girl! C'mere! *Whistles*
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940: February 05, 2013, 07:36:47 AM »
Hmmm. The needle in Rabisu's Crusade Compass is starting to point in a new direction.

DEATH TO THE FARRONITE REPUBLIC. DEATH!!!!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941: February 05, 2013, 07:48:14 AM »

SA would kill anything that started to do that before it could really get its momentum going, is the only problem.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942: February 05, 2013, 10:12:54 AM »
Not if it sets up far enough! We already saw that SA has a problem projecting (military/crusade) power too far south.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943: February 05, 2013, 02:23:31 PM »
They didnt even have to have a religion and SA is all over them like flies...  :o
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944: February 05, 2013, 02:27:14 PM »

I think it's time for a new unique item called Rabisu's Compass of Crusading.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945: February 05, 2013, 05:20:11 PM »
SA would kill anything that started to do that before it could really get its momentum going, is the only problem.

Hey Perth.

Join SA.

It's what all the cool politicians are doing.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946: February 05, 2013, 05:33:02 PM »
Actually all the cool ones have started their own religions. 8)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947: February 05, 2013, 06:45:06 PM »
Actually all the cool ones have started their own religions. 8)
He said the cool polticians not the bat!@#$ crazy ones no one outside of Asylon trusts.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:33:15 AM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948: February 05, 2013, 07:03:05 PM »
He said the cool polticians not the bat!@#$ crazy ones no trusts.

Wrong, I trust him. Both IC and OOC.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949: February 05, 2013, 07:04:46 PM »
Well, maybe someone trusts him, but that doesn't mean the rest of that isn't true...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.