Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045480 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1980: February 08, 2013, 07:47:45 PM »
Unless you are Iashular  :P
We live lives in beautiful lies...

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981: February 08, 2013, 08:55:54 PM »
Unless you are Iashular  :P

I'm Iashaluri. Please pity me

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982: February 09, 2013, 02:45:39 AM »
They would eventually and this was honorable move from Libero to dissolve alliance. I would do it too if i was ruler and some other realm tried to bribe me, i would not keep alliance with them thats for sure.
He declared war over it, not dissolve alliance. It may be because they dissolved a federation they were stupid to get into but nonetheless, they declared war over instead of working it out.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983: February 09, 2013, 03:54:53 AM »
He declared war over it, not dissolve alliance. It may be because they dissolved a federation they were stupid to get into but nonetheless, they declared war over instead of working it out.

I doubt this would be worked out peacefully. I think Morek would demand some if not most of the regions of Libero Empire and Libero would not agree and then war would happen.
"If you find you are falling into madness - dive."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984: February 09, 2013, 04:10:59 AM »
I doubt this would be worked out peacefully. I think Morek would demand some if not most of the regions of Libero Empire and Libero would not agree and then war would happen.
Doesn't matter, with the current situation, LE is the aggressor because there isn't anything that actually suggests that other than Morek is big enough to bully them so why not?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985: February 10, 2013, 01:37:59 AM »
They would eventually and this was honorable move from Libero to dissolve alliance. I would do it too if i was ruler and some other realm tried to bribe me, i would not keep alliance with them thats for sure.

I agree. If a monarch's sense of sovereignty is directly threatened, through 'bribery' or force, I can definitely see their princely conscience compelling them to war out of sheer indignation.

..but it doesn't seem like a very good idea strategically!

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986: February 10, 2013, 02:04:05 AM »
..but it doesn't seem like a very good idea strategically!

Theodred tried pleading to the rulers of Dwilight, before the declaration of war. However, the location of his realm and the time he dedicated to pleading both condemned him to death. If he waited it out, he'd have had more opportunity to survive. Oh well, I suppose.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987: February 10, 2013, 02:17:19 AM »
Uh... he could have just waited it out. Morek's offer didn't sound that aggressive at all. Seems like he wanted his realm to die more than Morek did.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988: February 10, 2013, 07:28:49 AM »
Uh... he could have just waited it out. Morek's offer didn't sound that aggressive at all. Seems like he wanted his realm to die more than Morek did.
I agree. It was a preposition/offer not a threat really.
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989: February 10, 2013, 03:14:54 PM »
If I was Libero I'd probably want to commit suicide out of shear boredom too..

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990: February 10, 2013, 10:40:14 PM »
If I was Libero I'd probably want to commit suicide out of shear boredom too..
Go away please. That is another of your the north sucks because of the peace blah blah things that just gets annoying.
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991: February 11, 2013, 12:50:25 AM »
Yeah it has nothing to do with my historic dislike of Libero for the time I ruled a small insignificant kingdom on the edge of their land was maligned , ignored and had Liberons plotting to take the kingdom by force. Oh, how I wish we had instead stayed to fight instead of the failed Summerdale experiment. One day I will return to Storms keep and there refound my kingdom and like tendrils strike out and rule the entire north under the banner of the sacred Bloodmoon.... Muahhahahahahahahah

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992: February 11, 2013, 02:01:11 PM »
Quote from: Mathurin
If she had even a single insight into the Stars that we of this Church have not, that alone would have merited its existence.  However, her only defence of her sect was that it would be politically embarrassing if we were to declare a crusade against her, and fail.  She has no faith.

'Orthodox Astroism' has no existence other than to be an instrument of Allison Kabrinski's profane desire for personal power, and no purpose other than to wrest influence and believers away from Sanguis Astroism. I have rarely declared another religion to be evil. In this case, I must make such a proclamation.

Oh snap.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993: February 11, 2013, 02:10:42 PM »
Boom.    ;)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994: February 11, 2013, 03:11:20 PM »
Its good to see that Mathurin can be politcal and twist the truth as well.  I had began to think he was a bit of a bore...
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)