Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042554 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2025: March 01, 2013, 12:08:13 AM »
Seemed rather tolerant in my opinion. Almost an endorsement of SA becoming more open and less lockstep towards other faiths. If anything it sounded like the prophet became more open to what many in his do not want.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026: March 01, 2013, 01:07:48 AM »
Seemed rather tolerant in my opinion. Almost an endorsement of SA becoming more open and less lockstep towards other faiths. If anything it sounded like the prophet became more open to what many in his do not want.

And he did it all specifically about Verdis Elementum. No reference to any other faith at all, and a specific mention of exceptions regarding enemies of the faith.

This will be a great springboard for a doctrine of anathema...
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027: March 01, 2013, 01:25:42 AM »
Yet that still leaves open the possibility that others could also be along a different path.  The only one that was mentioned specifically as being evil was Allison's Faith and OA.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028: March 01, 2013, 01:56:05 AM »
Yet that still leaves open the possibility that others could also be along a different path.  The only one that was mentioned specifically as being evil was Allison's Faith and OA.

Which is exactly what Hireshmont has been arguing and Abbigal has been arguing against.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029: March 01, 2013, 02:13:28 AM »
Which is exactly what Hireshmont has been arguing and Abbigal has been arguing against.
and since  when has Abbigal been a  friend of Allison's Faith or her?  Abbigal has spoken against crusading down there for the purpose  of rooting Allison out.  The other private temples  have nothing to do with Allison's faith.  Honestly Abbigial would probably want to help sent troops down and to    Aurvandil but cant  because of needing to build the realm.  Though I guess you are implying that Bowie  is someone how of the same faith as Allison?

ok After re-reading Hireshmont's letters I can see that he does  allow for space for some other faiths.  Yet once again I do not think Bowie is quite to the point of evil as Allison and her faith in regards.   Letting in someone for OA is something even Abbigal would not do.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 02:41:45 AM by Pike »

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030: March 01, 2013, 02:29:25 AM »
I cannot imagine how anyone, playing true to character as an Elder of the Faith, could see how Abbigal was doing anything other than dissimulating with regards to Bowie or whatever her true intentions may be. It's been painful to watch it all unfold. Maybe Abbigal thinks she's in the right, but this is one of the few issues in which I've seen the entire gaggle of Elders united. That can never be a good sign for the person(s) on the opposite side of the issue.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031: March 01, 2013, 02:39:21 AM »
What bugs me is how all the current suppporters of Bowie/Creed are all saying "He hasn't done anything against me/Swordfell". It's a big "F--- You!" to the Elders, ignoring everything that's been said, and completely rejecting the religious authority of their own church.

I'm just waiting for the Elders to get fed up with it, and order Swordfell to expel them from the realm. Then we'll really see who is willing to back up the church.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032: March 01, 2013, 02:54:19 AM »
What bugs me is how all the current suppporters of Bowie/Creed are all saying "He hasn't done anything against me/Swordfell". It's a big "F--- You!" to the Elders, ignoring everything that's been said, and completely rejecting the religious authority of their own church.

I'm just waiting for the Elders to get fed up with it, and order Swordfell to expel them from the realm. Then we'll really see who is willing to back up the church.

LOL I don't understand the hate the church has for poor Creed just a simple noble trying to make a name for himself in the world.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033: March 01, 2013, 03:24:58 AM »

1. What has Bowie/Creed actually done other than say in the past they don't like SA?
2. The church does not have that authority so I doubt it will happen when you have troubles with other places.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034: March 01, 2013, 04:48:19 AM »

Draw the line Astromancy, and watch as everyone crosses it.

I kind of feel like explaining Bowie's position here, but I wont. I will reserve that for IC interaction  8)
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035: March 01, 2013, 05:02:55 AM »
1. What has Bowie/Creed actually done other than say in the past they don't like SA?
2. The church does not have that authority so I doubt it will happen when you have troubles with other places.

Who needs authority when you have a huge army?

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036: March 01, 2013, 05:38:20 AM »
Who needs authority when you have a huge army?

Huge armies are what I call authority
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037: March 01, 2013, 05:58:48 AM »
Mathurin's sermon was a good one, advocating the importance of Faith in religion, even in other religions than SA (except for OA, as it involves nor encourages true faith at all), even giving a nod to syncretism. Had Rabisu heard it, he might be having a discussion with him on weighty personal matters right now. Instead...
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038: March 01, 2013, 06:20:36 AM »
Huge armies are what I call authority

No, that's authoriTAH!

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039: March 01, 2013, 07:56:37 AM »
The fact that two Elders have weighed in, in favor of that sermon make me quite glad I am not in SA anymore. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)