Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042585 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2040: March 01, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »
Huge armies are what I call authority
Not if the leaders aren't willing to use them. SA, while it is using its influence more now, it is using it for stagnation IMO.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041: March 01, 2013, 06:01:28 PM »
Huge armies are what I call authority

Never underestimate the power of small well organized armies.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2042: March 01, 2013, 08:44:21 PM »
Never underestimate the power of huge, well organized armies.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043: March 01, 2013, 11:25:19 PM »
Never underestimate the power of huge, well organized armies.

Pshaw,  organization has never been SA's strong suit.  Sheer size and ground n pound is their only viable strategy.  Its the only thing that has worked before.  Problem now though is that the Theocracies have a lot less nobles.  They have big CS numbers but that is a lot of militia and big slow vanity units. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2044: March 01, 2013, 11:26:21 PM »
I never said we had a well organized army. ^_^ Just saying beware one...

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045: March 02, 2013, 12:19:35 AM »
Not if the leaders aren't willing to use them. SA, while it is using its influence more now, it is using it for stagnation IMO.

If by stagnation you mean war almost breaking out several times between different SA nations, rising tension between the more conservative factions and the more liberal factions. The only thing holding SA together at present is the war with Aurvandil.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046: March 02, 2013, 01:33:34 AM »
That's more than a small exaggeration.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047: March 02, 2013, 02:52:46 AM »
I think it's more Mathurin's presence that does the trick.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048: March 02, 2013, 03:20:41 AM »
The only thing holding SA together at present is the war with Aurvandil.

"War" with Aurvandil.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049: March 02, 2013, 07:56:40 AM »
"War" with Aurvandil.
+1, I have seen Astrum around Paisland every once in awhile and Morek just recently tried to help again but they can't, though its not like you can talk Perth. When was the last time Terran did something with the war? At least a month ago.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050: March 02, 2013, 02:35:08 PM »
+1, I have seen Astrum around Paisland every once in awhile and Morek just recently tried to help again but they can't, though its not like you can talk Perth. When was the last time Terran did something with the war? At least a month ago.

Hey, Astrum "attacked" "Falkirk"!
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051: March 02, 2013, 07:16:52 PM »
Hey, Astrum "attacked" "Falkirk"!
O yeah, I forgot about that so that counts as maybe half a battle. Pretty hilarious though pathetic at the same time. Recently on AT a similar situation happened but to a much funnier degree, IMO. What I am wondering, is why they are traveling to Falkirik, though I haven't been able to see Madina yet I suppose.
― G.K. Chesterton

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052: March 02, 2013, 11:07:37 PM »
That's more than a small exaggeration.

Not exactly. Libero/Morek. Iashular came close when the Farronites legalized the preaching of non SA priests. Abbigal tried to march a foreign army on her own lands...

I will agree with the "war" on Aurvandil though. It still acts as a means to keep everyone together, even if its just that no one wants to look like they were pursuing a war of aggression while everyone else was helping (more or less) against Aurvandil.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053: March 02, 2013, 11:29:13 PM »
Not exactly. Libero/Morek. Iashular came close when the Farronites legalized the preaching of non SA priests. Abbigal tried to march a foreign army on her own lands...

I will agree with the "war" on Aurvandil though. It still acts as a means to keep everyone together, even if its just that no one wants to look like they were pursuing a war of aggression while everyone else was helping (more or less) against Aurvandil.
Thats not SA though. I am talking about the church's elders not theocracies. The first situation was an act of Morek offering LE to become a part of their realm as a duchy then LE got offended and left the federation but they immediately signed for neutrality, nothing really changed. Iashalur pressured the Farronites into stagnation. Abbigal tried to march a foreign army on her own lands and the church made sure to stop that.
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054: March 02, 2013, 11:55:45 PM »
Of course the church put a stop to it. It was an army from an SA realm, led by a declared heretic, marching to depose and SA duke in another SA realm. It was really Creed's presence that blew the plan. If Abbigail had called and led the army herself, it wouls have been a different story.

The Farronite thing isn't "stagnation". It's the church defending their territory. And it could have led to a very interesting war, if Farronite hadn't backed down.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.