Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045553 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2055: March 03, 2013, 12:06:59 AM »
Of course the church put a stop to it. It was an army from an SA realm, led by a declared heretic, marching to depose and SA duke in another SA realm. It was really Creed's presence that blew the plan. If Abbigail had called and led the army herself, it wouls have been a different story.

The Farronite thing isn't "stagnation". It's the church defending their territory. And it could have led to a very interesting war, if Farronite hadn't backed down.
1. This is where all of the elders seem to be explicitly trying for stagnation like you are.  I have yet to hear Creed be declared a heretic and  he didn't lead the army. Its just the elders bsing that this was all orcherstrated by Creed when everyone that was for it was like "This isn't by Creed, for Creed, nor are we planning on putting Creed in power!!!". Basically it was stagnation because all the elders just made up fake !@#$ so they could stop it.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056: March 03, 2013, 12:12:52 AM »
Creed was declared a heretic and kicked out of SA a LONG time ago. I forget when it happened.

And yes, we know that Creed wasn't "leading" the army. That's simply a convenience for discussion purposes. He was coordinating it at the request of Abbigail. But, like I said, if Abbigail had done it herself, or appointed another SA noble to do it, then the church would never have gotten involved. It's not stagnation, it's more like opposing anything that has Creed involved in it. After all, he's a heretic, so anything he wants done is, most likely, worth opposing.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057: March 03, 2013, 12:33:50 AM »
Creed was declared a heretic and kicked out of SA a LONG time ago. I forget when it happened.

And yes, we know that Creed wasn't "leading" the army. That's simply a convenience for discussion purposes. He was coordinating it at the request of Abbigail. But, like I said, if Abbigail had done it herself, or appointed another SA noble to do it, then the church would never have gotten involved. It's not stagnation, it's more like opposing anything that has Creed involved in it. After all, he's a heretic, so anything he wants done is, most likely, worth opposing.
I suppose...
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058: March 03, 2013, 01:09:56 AM »
To be completely honest, when the elders first heard about the Farronite expedition, it was by the letter Creed sent to the realm about it. That set off all the "Creed is deposing an SA duke!" furor. That was quickly stopped when Abbigail explained what was going on. Then it morphed into other things, and turned into a general haranguing of Abbigail for consorting and defending heretics.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059: March 03, 2013, 01:30:32 AM »
Yeah that was interesting. I wish Gustav would not have been so fast to order Farronite troops to turn around. That said I wasn't going to override him once the order was given.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060: March 03, 2013, 01:36:43 AM »
Yeah that was interesting. I wish Gustav would not have been so fast to order Farronite troops to turn around. That said I wasn't going to override him once the order was given.
He was just trying to suck up. He even said it on the forums somewhere.
― G.K. Chesterton

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061: March 03, 2013, 01:49:26 AM »
Gustav used to be fiery and independent.  Now he is just a softy conformist who is trying to fit in and be one of the "good ole boys"    :)  I wonder how that boot licking is working out for him.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062: March 03, 2013, 02:17:01 AM »

General Paul don't take orders from no Judge! It was a convenient enough excuse to leave before his men revolted and he was forced to march against the stronghold by himself, though.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2063: March 03, 2013, 04:23:12 AM »
It's still there. He's just biding his time since he has other stuff he's working on, and being "fiery and independent" tends to not work well when you are out in Zuma lands....

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064: March 03, 2013, 04:31:41 AM »

Farronite+Asylonian troops... I was half way to Golden Farrow and told to turn around... :(
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065: March 03, 2013, 04:45:55 AM »
Farronite+Asylonian troops... I was half way to Golden Farrow and told to turn around... :(

Imagine what a glorious diplomatic !@#$storm that would've been. *Wistful sigh.*
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066: March 03, 2013, 07:22:26 AM »
Imagine what a glorious diplomatic !@#$storm that would've been. *Wistful sigh.*

I was as surprised as and as disappointed as everyone  :'(
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2067: March 03, 2013, 08:19:52 AM »
Would have gone through with it if Creed hadn't sent that letter. The thing about trying to remove a duke from his position is it kinda helps if he doesn't know the means with which you're doing it...

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068: March 03, 2013, 09:03:38 AM »

Couldn't you have done it anyway? What were the consequences the Church threatened you with?
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069: March 03, 2013, 09:39:16 AM »
Couldn't you have done it anyway? What were the consequences the Church threatened you with?

Having to listen to you talk.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner