Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045559 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2085: March 04, 2013, 04:47:09 AM »
Good one, Glaumring. You just showed us how a "Republic" in a game, and on an island, set in a Middle Ages model, is not a true "free" nation. No kidding, man. No freaking kidding.

Farronite republic isn't on an island... Farronite republic has no claim over Asylonian lands because Asylon never took lands from the Farronite republics or Kabrinskia, Asylon took lands from Itaulond, Itaulong was from Caerwyn, Caerwyn is dead. If anyone had a claim it was Kabrinskia, Kabrinskia is dead, their claim died with Kabrinskia.

If Astrum has a claim they are welcome to come down and get their nose bloody.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086: March 04, 2013, 04:52:47 AM »
So, what your saying is that FR nobles are free to choose their own faith? Create new faiths and build temples in FR and they don't have to  be crushed into oblivion for that? I don't remember FR being as free as Asylon.
The ruler of the Farronite Republic came to an agreement with the leaders of SA. They voluntarily entered into an agreement to restrict the religious activities of their realm and nobles. If they break that agreement, then there could indeed be consequences. This shouldn't be any surprise to anyone, and the church expended considerable resources to hand them their realm.

And never once was Itau ever mentioned to us by anyone in FR, because there is no claim,  nor any recognized claim by FR on any lands that exist currently in Asylon. So drop it.
Not surprising that they wouldn't mention it to Asylon. I mean, that would be really dumb. "Hey Asylon, we just wanted to let you know that we still want Itau, and we will eventually go to war with you to get it. But don't worry, it won't be today. So, umm... we're still cool, right?"
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087: March 04, 2013, 04:53:56 AM »
For obvious reasons, you were fighting together against Kabrinskia. However, if Kabrinskia maintained any kind of claim to that region, then I doubt Astrum will cease to view the region as being of theocratic property.

I like how you meta-game on the forum so you can make !@#$ happen in game. Why now after all these month does this come up? What leverage are you trying to gain? What information do you know ingame? The issue is none of your business.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088: March 04, 2013, 05:08:53 AM »
* Indirik sighs....

Let's try this again...

Moderator Note: Stop the personal insults, or I'll start handing out the warnings. Keep it civil, or go away.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089: March 04, 2013, 05:20:23 AM »
It really comes down to you guys in these matters, I am one guy fending off from 5 or 6 people that constantly come out to make trouble over everything I say. If there was even one moderate or even one person who would come around and say something like 'yeah yeah you both have your opinions' and leave it alone. Instead I constantly have to deal with a very lopsided and biased form of moderation that does nothing to defuse the issue. You merely use the moderation to cut me off, to silence me. Without there being any resolution. The thing is you can't beat me like this and you will never beat me ingame either. And that frustrates you. So you use the forum as an outlet.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090: March 04, 2013, 05:29:07 AM »
You merely use the moderation to cut me off, to silence me. Without there being any resolution.
I used moderation to remove the part where you called a whole bunch of players !@#$%^&s.

The thing is you can't beat me like this and you will never beat me ingame either. And that frustrates you. So you use the forum as an outlet.
I'm not trying to beat you, either on the forums, or in game. (In fact, in-game our characters and realms have essentially no interaction at all, despite being so close.) I'm discussing the issue with you. And of course we both have our opinions, and of course they are both different. If we agreed, then there really wouldn't be a debate, would there?

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091: March 04, 2013, 05:41:05 AM »
The thing is you can't beat me like this and you will never beat me ingame either. And that frustrates you. So you use the forum as an outlet.

Battlemaster isn't a game where you "beat" people. You don't win Battlemaster. We aren't trying to use the forum as an outlet.

We're trying to have a discussion about game events where we don't engage in quasi-moral judgments about each others' gameplay habits, styles, practices, etc. But it often feels like you make a point of using values-ladden terms to talk about other peoples' preferred ways to play. And that's annoying.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092: March 04, 2013, 05:52:41 AM »
If I have to fight off so many I will fight dirty. Halleria, Chenier, Vellos, Indirik, Penchant, Anaris ,  and a few others constantly got to be there in the feeding frenzy on everything I say. Oddly enough never having issues with my own realm mates, we have good conversations about stuff and we are all in consensus that your way of dealing with Asylon ig and on the forums is a bit one sided.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093: March 04, 2013, 07:03:31 AM »
Freedom isn't free. If individuals want freedom to build temples and preach in SA lands, they will have to fight for it. Its a basic concept.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #2094: March 04, 2013, 12:22:43 PM »
The ruler of the Farronite Republic came to an agreement with the leaders of SA. They voluntarily entered into an agreement to restrict the religious activities of their realm and nobles.

Voluntary...uh huh...not.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095: March 04, 2013, 02:23:57 PM »
Voluntary with a knife against ones throat...

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096: March 04, 2013, 02:32:07 PM »
Voluntary with a knife against ones throat...

Some realms prefer to have two knives against their throat, so that they can chose freely which one kills them.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097: March 04, 2013, 02:33:53 PM »
Farronite republic isn't on an island... Farronite republic has no claim over Asylonian lands because Asylon never took lands from the Farronite republics or Kabrinskia, Asylon took lands from Itaulond, Itaulong was from Caerwyn, Caerwyn is dead. If anyone had a claim it was Kabrinskia, Kabrinskia is dead, their claim died with Kabrinskia.

If Astrum has a claim they are welcome to come down and get their nose bloody.

Claims are what people make of them, Glaumring. If someone decides he wants X, and convinces enough people that he should get it, then he has a pretty solid claim. The rest, like actually having owned it before or not, is just fluff that helps convince people that, indeed, you should get the X you want.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098: March 04, 2013, 03:15:50 PM »
If you have a group of empire-building theocracies set you up with a rich and prosperous realm, you had better expect that it comes with strings attached. To expect that they will give you the realm, then walk away with no strings attached is a case a criminal naivete. Anyone who actually thinks that would happen ... well, all I can do is laugh in their face. Farronite only made it worse by spitting in the church's face by becoming a republic instead of a theocracy.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099: March 04, 2013, 04:26:28 PM »
If anyone wants Itau they will die in heaps like Kabrinskians and Astrumese before...