Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042759 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2115: March 05, 2013, 12:10:30 AM »
Wouldn't be good fiction without some friction... 8)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116: March 05, 2013, 01:21:18 AM »
So, My dearest enemies, how do you people that are currently astroists feel about how your religion affects the continent? Do you think SA is healthy for the fun of the continent as it currently exists? if not, what would you do to remedy this? If so how do you feel about SA being compared to the CE power bloc of atamara? Would any of you consider war with another SA realm?

this just comes from some pondering of various posts i've seen in the forums

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117: March 05, 2013, 02:29:47 AM »
War between Astroist realms is far from impossible. It just needs the right circumstances, the right reason. It has happened before, and almost certainly will again.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118: March 05, 2013, 02:39:47 AM »
So, My dearest enemies, how do you people that are currently astroists feel about how your religion affects the continent? Do you think SA is healthy for the fun of the continent as it currently exists? if not, what would you do to remedy this? If so how do you feel about SA being compared to the CE power bloc of atamara? Would any of you consider war with another SA realm?

SA, against anyone realm will definitely win. I see a way for a war to develop against SA that isn't an insta-win for SA, but I won't share any details related to that.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119: March 05, 2013, 02:47:24 AM »
War between Astroist realms is far from impossible. It just needs the right circumstances, the right reason. It has happened before, and almost certainly will again.

Translation: Once we slog through countless more real life years on Dwilight and every inch of the continents are converted down to small kittens and grasshoppers only then will we declare war on another SA realm and its last 2 members, Indirik and his mirror...   ;D

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120: March 05, 2013, 02:52:56 AM »
Translation: Once we slog through countless more real life years on Dwilight and every inch of the continents are converted down to small kittens and grasshoppers only then will we declare war on another SA realm and its last 2 members, Indirik and his mirror...   ;D

Not even close to true. If people were better about learning the political undercurrents and getting a feel for the pulse of things, they would know Sanguis Astroism isn't some giant hegemonic regime bent on the annexation of all of Dwilight. The theocracies have their own politics, their own cultures, and given an excuse, will war another.

Aurvandil is just proving too much of a unifying factor at the moment. Its not a compliment to Aurvandil, its a compliment to Vellos for making everyone think that ;)
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121: March 05, 2013, 02:59:21 AM »
Not even close to true. If people were better about learning the political undercurrents and getting a feel for the pulse of things, they would know Sanguis Astroism isn't some giant hegemonic regime bent on the annexation of all of Dwilight. The theocracies have their own politics, their own cultures, and given an excuse, will war another.
Stop giving away our secrets. Listening to him rant is too much fun.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122: March 05, 2013, 03:02:30 AM »

Aurvandil is just proving too much of a unifying factor at the moment. Its not a compliment to Aurvandil, its a compliment to Vellos for making everyone think that ;)

Its not a compliment to Aurvandil,
a compliment to Aurvandil

I feel like we are the under acheiving redheaded step child of the continent. Are only compliments are from the back of someone's hand. :'( but any ways, I'm also interested in how yall view yourselves.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:04:48 AM by Lanyon »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123: March 05, 2013, 03:13:22 AM »

SA doesn't stop realms from doing anything, it's the non-SA with their cowardice and utter lack of tact that stop their own selves. There have been plenty of wars on the continent that did not result in all of SA picking out a single realm off, or even a coalition of realms.

SA is the single most dynamic religion in the game. It's not perfect, but compared to all of the other religions out there... it's not that bad at all.

We finally have a religion that people take seriously, and then there's whining about it taking too much place? And I say this as a person who has opposed it for the longest time and was for about all of my char's career an elder priest of a competing religion.

SA does not create stagnation.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124: March 05, 2013, 03:20:42 AM »
SA is a complete nonfactor in the Marrocidenian War anyways, apart from some well-wishers. The armies of the theocracies can't march on Aurvandil any more than Aurvandil could invade Astrum.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125: March 05, 2013, 03:34:38 AM »

Translation: You need a university degree in Sanguis Astroism politics (its that complex). Ok SA isn't that big, its just made of 50 different realms, We don't want to annex all of Dwilight...Silly...Just the non-SA realms... The Theocracies have their own politics( it just has to be subservient to Corsanctum) They have their own cultures ( It just has to be an SA culture) and given an excuse... After all of Dwilight is converted Indirik and his mirror will war each other...  ::)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126: March 05, 2013, 03:36:19 AM »
SA doesn't stop realms from doing anything, it's the non-SA with their cowardice and utter lack of tact that stop their own selves. There have been plenty of wars on the continent that did not result in all of SA picking out a single realm off, or even a coalition of realms.

SA is the single most dynamic religion in the game. It's not perfect, but compared to all of the other religions out there... it's not that bad at all.

We finally have a religion that people take seriously, and then there's whining about it taking too much place? And I say this as a person who has opposed it for the longest time and was for about all of my char's career an elder priest of a competing religion.

Translation: Woof woof meow woof meow woof woof meow weow woof  8)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127: March 05, 2013, 03:56:39 AM »

I'm loathe to admit it, but I agree 100% with Chenier.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128: March 05, 2013, 04:00:13 AM »
And this bull!@#$ is why people get pissed at you.

Oh come on lighten up... ;)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129: March 05, 2013, 04:06:22 AM »
Oh come on lighten up... ;)
My apologies, I am a bit stressed lately.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton