Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042645 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2130: March 05, 2013, 04:14:29 AM »
My apologies, I am a bit stressed lately.

Its ok I get stressed out too and sometimes I get wrapped up in the game and it stresses me out even more. I am working at a very stressful job right now. I don't really have any hate for for anyone on these forums. I just think you guys take yourselves very seriously sometimes, sometimes the game is taken too seriously. I am guilty of it too.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131: March 05, 2013, 09:20:37 AM »
SA doesn't stop realms from doing anything, it's the non-SA with their cowardice and utter lack of tact that stop their own selves. There have been plenty of wars on the continent that did not result in all of SA picking out a single realm off, or even a coalition of realms.

If SA does not stop realms from doing anything then why did the church stop the army from Faronite republic from taking out A Duke of from Swordfell.  That seems to go against SA not stooping realms from doing anything?

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132: March 05, 2013, 10:03:16 AM »
If SA does not stop realms from doing anything then why did the church stop the army from Faronite republic from taking out A Duke of from Swordfell.  That seems to go against SA not stooping realms from doing anything?

The church made no official action. What you saw in action was influence working against an action that was extremely unpopular due to the involvement of a convicted heretic.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133: March 05, 2013, 01:05:20 PM »

SA exists because of each mutual agreement by each member to oppress / threaten/ control any other member. Its kind of like having a membership to a sado masochist club.

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134: March 05, 2013, 01:10:19 PM »
The church made no official action. What you saw in action was influence working against an action that was extremely unpopular due to the involvement of a convicted heretic.
So because the used influence instead of action they did not make them do anything?  Is that not the whole point of having influence so that you can make realms or people do things without actually needing to do any work.

Also I was not really looking for the excuse as to why it was done.  Simply how it was not considered making a realm do something.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135: March 05, 2013, 02:07:09 PM »
The church really didn't do much of anything about that. As soon as the members found out about it, FRs judge slammed it fast. No one really had much of a chance to try and do anything before it was already stopped. But then I suppose that's what happens when you deal with convicted heretics.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136: March 05, 2013, 02:09:16 PM »

See: "and their utter lack of tact".

If you spit in SA's face, then yes, it'll stand in your way. Calling in Creed was basically that.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137: March 05, 2013, 07:44:22 PM »
So, My dearest enemies, how do you people that are currently astroists feel about how your religion affects the continent? Do you think SA is healthy for the fun of the continent as it currently exists? if not, what would you do to remedy this? If so how do you feel about SA being compared to the CE power bloc of atamara? Would any of you consider war with another SA realm?

this just comes from some pondering of various posts i've seen in the forums

CE of Atamara is much more comparable to Aurvandil - a mostly, if not purely military power bloc, which wrestles with other power blocs usually with hard power or the underlying threat of it. SA is just what it is - a large religion. Rare are the times when SA is united and of the same mind on anything, and rare are the times when SA as a whole acts. People on the outside view, and perpetuate this view, as if SA and "the theocracies" are a strangling, unified threat which is tyrannizing and enslaving everyone - because this view serves their interests if they are opposed to the religion or just some of its faithful parties or organizations.

It's healthy for fun, as conflict is fun, and religious and ideological conflicts are quite SMA.  And of course SA realms war with each other plenty of times, past present and future. It's definitely one of the most successful religions in BM, not simply in quantifiable terms but in how the religion itself is interesting and open philosophically, and is not exclusive to just one type of player or character. Those who are just power-hungry ambitious typically cynical nobles have a place in it, those who are earnest devoted pious spiritual type nobles have a place in it, and everyone in between as well. I like it! Two thumbs up!
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138: March 05, 2013, 08:30:54 PM »
Ummm name a conflict in the last little while where all of SA didnt pile on an enemy....

Thulsoma(saxon) vs everyone in SA
Caerwyn vs Astrum, Morek , Corsanctum etc
Asylon vs Kabrinskia, Astrum, Corsanctum
Aurvandiil vs everyone

Probably a few more in the past. Correct me if Im wrong, im just disputing the notion that SA is disorganized and doesnt gank.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139: March 05, 2013, 08:38:58 PM »
Ummm name a conflict in the last little while where all of SA didnt pile on an enemy....

Terran vs Kabrinskia
Luria Nova vs D'Hara
Morek vs Libero
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140: March 05, 2013, 08:39:17 PM »
Libero, Morek v. Summerdale

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141: March 05, 2013, 08:44:03 PM »

Thulsoma(saxon) vs everyone in SA
Caerwyn vs Astrum, Morek , Corsanctum etc
Asylon vs Kabrinskia, Astrum, Corsanctum
Aurvandiil vs everyone

Probably a few more in the past. Correct me if Im wrong, im just disputing the notion that SA is disorganized and doesnt gank.

Thulsoma pretty much started the war. So did Caerwyn. Asylon hardly fought alone, despite how you like to victimize yourself, and did not bring in all of SA either (far from it). Aurvandil was also the one who started the war against the 'moot and who house a religion created specifically to rival SA while also being rather anti-SA.

Terran vs Kabrinskia
Luria Nova vs D'Hara
Morek vs Libero
Fissoa vs Falkirk
Luria Nova vs. Giask (and all other lurian wars)
Madina vs Terran and D'Hara
Caerwyn vs Terran and D'Hara
Aurvandil vs Madina
Fissoa vs Lurias
etc
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142: March 05, 2013, 08:47:57 PM »

Summerdale was allied with astrum so I don't think that really valid. Also @daycryn I think that aurvandil compared to CE as a realm is a good comparison but not the CE power bloc. 3/5 of the most powerful realms on dwilight are all in that astroists federation. As opposed to aurvandil asylum and falkirk. The only truly powerful realm out of those 3 is aurvandil

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143: March 05, 2013, 08:55:43 PM »
Summerdale was allied with astrum so I don't think that really valid.
It was an empty alliance. A previous ruler signed it without consulting the realm at all, because the two rulers were friends.

Besides, it is still a war that a pair of SA realms fought, where the entire SA hegemony didn't dog-pile onto the other side. That fits the criteria asked for. Don't be putting on all kinds of extra, after-the-fact conditions to narrow out any inconvenient examples.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144: March 05, 2013, 08:56:42 PM »
Summerdale was allied with astrum so I don't think that really valid. Also @daycryn I think that aurvandil compared to CE as a realm is a good comparison but not the CE power bloc. 3/5 of the most powerful realms on dwilight are all in that astroists federation. As opposed to aurvandil asylum and falkirk. The only truly powerful realm out of those 3 is aurvandil

Astrum, Morek, and...?

2/5 are thocracies. #2 in ranking is Aurvandil, and then there's Luria Nova (part of its own bloc) and Terran (part of the 'moot) in the top 5.

Heck, the 3rd ranking astrocracy is #9, Corsanctum (close to #10 being your precious Asylon).

The SA block really isn't as overwhelmingly powerful as you make them to be. There are just two big players, the rest are rather insignificant players, and the bunch of it is clustered into the far north of Dwilight. If it weren't for the 'moot, all of SA united could never even hope to dent Aurvandil.