Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042746 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2145: March 05, 2013, 08:57:38 PM »
Summerdale was allied with astrum so I don't think that really valid.

That's extremely valid. When was the last time CE fought a Taran ally?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146: March 05, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
Chenier, Indirik relax I was just inquiring. I was curious to have it clarified. And I will addd this here I am not anti-SA at all, I dont know where that comes from I have repeatedly invited priests to Asylon to maintain their dwindling flock and temples, I built the first SA temple in Asylon way way way back when Asylon was/is a backwater and only left the church because the prophet decided that I wasnt as close a friend as I thought he was. I had been in the SA consul and over the years I did everything I wanted and it had been a goal of mine to start a new religion since Thulsoma sonI tried/ am trying it. I am not content to follow for very long and I feel there are different aspects of BM I'd like to try, Im in this game for the long term so why not. I am not anti-SA , I am against large federations and entangled alliances, the reason I am against them is because I value smaller alliances that allow a better focus and avoid stepping on someones toes. The SA alliance is like this, one kingdom wants to leave so all the others kill it, so it stops any diversity. I prefer pick one neighbor, build a strong alliance and then just have luke warm with the rest so that there is more room to actually battle. I can see why SA wants the big alliances, I just dont agree with it personally in a grand strategy battle game. SA wont ever crumble and start infighting, there will always be another Aurvandiil excuse, another Caerwyn, another Saxon army ad infinitum. In 5 years we'll still be talking about this with the last 5 players on Dwilight, myself Chenier, Vellos , Indirik and Allison...

Its not about destroying SA anymore its now making sure that Dwilight remains diverse and filled with different cultures. If that means fighting for unpopular underdogs so be it because a game where SA is the only culture, the only history isnt very deep or interesting or beautiful at all. So it will be Asylons job to fight for those qualities above all else, the right to found your own faith, to found your own kingdom with your own independent laws and culture and not one that is cowed and stunted by a mass of theocracies.

And no I do not think SA is that strong, but you do have the advantage of having long standing stable economies and a network to share wealth. That is your strength, your weakness is everyone who opposes you and every free thinking noble who refuses to bow to the bloodstars.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147: March 05, 2013, 10:32:31 PM »
Perhaps you're right.

Perhaps it's time we eliminated our weakness.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148: March 05, 2013, 11:23:26 PM »
In so doing eliminating yourselves?

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149: March 06, 2013, 12:51:19 AM »

What are you on man? I'll take two.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150: March 06, 2013, 01:57:12 AM »
I have not convinced anyone Aurvandil is the ultimate evil in the galaxy.

I don't know what Indirik is talking about.

Clearly, they're just obviously glowing red and urinating on emblems of the Bloodstars for fun.

Oh, did I say that out loud? Sorry guys...
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151: March 06, 2013, 02:26:32 PM »
An informal survey of beefs with SA would probably reveal that 90% of them are really variations on "I wasn't able to do what I wanted. Ergo it's not fair for anyone." I haven't seen a more dynamic and intrigue-filled forum than SA provides. How could this be, if it's the fun-killing Glaumring-hating machine that it's frequently made out to be?

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152: March 06, 2013, 04:29:06 PM »
Nice twist of words and meaning. I did everything I wanted in SA and decided to do something different. Why should it be a big deal if someone chooses different than SA, its a game. I had lots of fun in SA and only left when my relations with the prophet went sour, when even he wasnt a partial mediator and chose sides I felt I had over played my hand and I bowed out.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153: March 06, 2013, 04:37:08 PM »
I did everything I wanted in SA and decided to do something different. Why should it be a big deal if someone chooses different than SA, its a game.

It's not. It's perfectly fine, in fact.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154: March 06, 2013, 06:22:54 PM »
Nice twist of words and meaning. I did everything I wanted in SA and decided to do something different. Why should it be a big deal if someone chooses different than SA, its a game. I had lots of fun in SA and only left when my relations with the prophet went sour, when even he wasnt a partial mediator and chose sides I felt I had over played my hand and I bowed out.

If you feel that your words are being misconstrued, then I'm sorry for giving that impression. The majority of your posts about SA concern some scheme that Glaumring, or a friend of Glaumring, hatched that provoked a response from SA. Your experience is not necessarily the experience of everyone else. It's not really a good faith argument if you're implying that an action deserves no reaction at all.  That's all I'm trying to say.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155: March 06, 2013, 06:28:09 PM »

No... you said:

your weakness is everyone who opposes you and every free thinking noble who refuses to bow to the bloodstars.

So I said...:

Perhaps you're right.

Perhaps it's time we eliminated our weakness.

Think about it.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156: March 06, 2013, 08:17:45 PM »
Aye, it will be your undoing.

Anyways , in regards to schemes and plans I have tried to hatch. One major one was trying to get Astrum to help Asylon attack Caerwyn. Astrum didnt want to so they waited and then Caerwyn attacked them, which worked out for them in the end but left a bit of animosity between Asylon and Astrum , because we felt they didnt really care about helping our fledgling kingdom, back when our sympathy towards SA was the highest. An opportunity squandered because after that it was down hill with Astrum and bellicose Kabrinskia laying down plans to invade Asylon until Terran jumped the gun and declared war on Kabrinskia, this was while Kabrinskia threatened D'Hara and Asylon formed the secret protection pact with D'Hara, which they too squandered. Anyways, that was big scheme.

After that my other scheme was to get Allison elected regent, which was more because I knew that even though we were enemies Lady Allison would cause the most friction in the church and hopefully bring about some infighting. All of it having to do with Asylons desire to see Astrum limited in its reach in the west so that we wouldnt have to obey through threats and we could eventually claim more land.

Astrum is the anvil that weighs down the north west, all things must take into account Astrum. Aurvandiil on the other hand seems to be Astrum of the south. Anyways if it evil or wrong for a smaller kingdom to seek room to breath and grow I apologize, but Asylon comes before Astrum and SA and ultimately a leader of a kingdom does not make good or bad decisions at the time,they are just want has to be done, in hindsight perhaps they are wrong or right. Asylon had tried many times to contact Astrum and found them haughty or ignored our letters, much like Morek did before to Old Thulsoma, but that was another small kingdom on the edge of the world.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157: March 07, 2013, 03:48:52 AM »
Aye, it will be your undoing.

Anyways , in regards to schemes and plans I have tried to hatch. One major one was trying to get Astrum to help Asylon attack Caerwyn. Astrum didnt want to so they waited and then Caerwyn attacked them, which worked out for them in the end but left a bit of animosity between Asylon and Astrum , because we felt they didnt really care about helping our fledgling kingdom, back when our sympathy towards SA was the highest. An opportunity squandered because after that it was down hill with Astrum and bellicose Kabrinskia laying down plans to invade Asylon until Terran jumped the gun and declared war on Kabrinskia, this was while Kabrinskia threatened D'Hara and Asylon formed the secret protection pact with D'Hara, which they too squandered. Anyways, that was big scheme.

After that my other scheme was to get Allison elected regent, which was more because I knew that even though we were enemies Lady Allison would cause the most friction in the church and hopefully bring about some infighting. All of it having to do with Asylons desire to see Astrum limited in its reach in the west so that we wouldnt have to obey through threats and we could eventually claim more land.

Astrum is the anvil that weighs down the north west, all things must take into account Astrum. Aurvandiil on the other hand seems to be Astrum of the south. Anyways if it evil or wrong for a smaller kingdom to seek room to breath and grow I apologize, but Asylon comes before Astrum and SA and ultimately a leader of a kingdom does not make good or bad decisions at the time,they are just want has to be done, in hindsight perhaps they are wrong or right. Asylon had tried many times to contact Astrum and found them haughty or ignored our letters, much like Morek did before to Old Thulsoma, but that was another small kingdom on the edge of the world.

Why doesn't Asylon just war-dec Astrum? Sounds like you kinda want to.

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158: March 07, 2013, 03:53:07 AM »
Why doesn't Asylon just war-dec Astrum? Sounds like you kinda want to.

Because Glaumring might be a Paramount Lord in Asylon, but he do no longer carry the Crown of Asylon. (But I guess that dosent matter since it seems that on the forums Glaumring = Asylon)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 03:59:21 AM by Sir Grimrog Bjarnson »
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159: March 07, 2013, 04:06:58 AM »
(He does act like it.)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.