Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045835 times)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2190: March 07, 2013, 09:08:24 PM »
What's are you guys talking about? Aurvandil wants itau

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191: March 07, 2013, 10:04:22 PM »
Terran already owns Itau.

*creepy music plays*
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192: March 07, 2013, 10:17:19 PM »
It was actually our intention to create another kingdom in Itau and Kosht. Kind of like a little mini-Luria in the west coast, lets them have independence and then war eachother in a revolving throne of Asylon thing but having Astrum above us makes us scared and we just keep a large kingdom for our safety. I prefer Asylon broken up into competitive kingdoms. I like the old Luria model before it decided on big is better. That way we develop more cultures, more religion , more trade, more conflict and more choice for new arriving nobles. I will just have to wait until a more convenient time to see if Asylon wants to be broken up. Im sure that Kosht will go before Itau. I'd much rather 3 smaller kingdoms of 10 nobles as a foundation than one big kingdom of 30. I like diversity of cultures.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #2193: March 07, 2013, 10:35:22 PM »
I prefer Asylon broken up into competitive kingdoms.

You prefer EVERYTHING broken into smaller competitive Kingdoms...
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194: March 07, 2013, 11:34:40 PM »
Nonsense. D'Hara wants  Itau  ::)

Of course we do. Asylon was founded by D'Haran exiles, therefore Asylon is property of the Dragon King. Ask Alice.  8)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195: March 08, 2013, 12:02:32 AM »
Hey now hey now, Its D'Hara that belongs to Glaumring! I want my ancestral homeland back! To one day see the banner of Melodia rise over Port Raviel and Paisly... Ahhh what glorious and ideal days were my youth. Before those D'Harans came and stole it all away. Of course living in Terran as a youngish lad fighting monsters all day, Caerwyn was a mere speck of regions, and Terran was small and quaint, they were alone out there in the wilderness, years before the moot and all this international powergames and politics. Simpler times, when the north and Astroism were just Morek and there was only the island of Astrum, with Everguard on the mainland. And then Virovene and Ravian and then Glaumring left to join in some swashbuckling adventure on the east continent and joined Virovene merely because it was somewhere different... Oh what memories.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196: March 08, 2013, 02:20:23 AM »
I'd much rather 3 smaller kingdoms of 10 nobles as a foundation than one big kingdom of 30. I like diversity of cultures.

Right.

Because it's way more fun to only have 10 people to talk to in your realm than 30.

I was once a huge fan of little realms. I still do think there's a vital place for little realms: nor do I think giant empires are necessary great either. But I'm getting to where I really think 20-40 nobles, 2-3 cities is probably about the ideal size for most realms. Seems like big and small realms are super hit-or-miss on their ability to retain players.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197: March 08, 2013, 02:25:15 AM »
Right.

Because it's way more fun to only have 10 people to talk to in your realm than 30.

I was once a huge fan of little realms. I still do think there's a vital place for little realms: nor do I think giant empires are necessary great either. But I'm getting to where I really think 20-40 nobles, 2-3 cities is probably about the ideal size for most realms. Seems like big and small realms are super hit-or-miss on their ability to retain players.

I feel the same way.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198: March 08, 2013, 03:43:25 AM »
Right.

lol like all 30 of the nobles talk... But anyways, I guess you have a point.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199: March 08, 2013, 03:45:15 AM »
lol like all 30 of the nobles talk... But anyways, I guess you have a point.

50% activity of 10 nobles is 5 active nobles, 25% activity of 40 nobles is 10 active nobles.

Sure, not all of them talk. Usually, a lower percentage do. But overall, you still tend to have more people to interact with.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200: March 08, 2013, 05:25:54 AM »
Ok you win this round. Less Alliances then...

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201: March 08, 2013, 07:12:30 AM »

Why would we want less alliances?

Forming alliances is fun.

Besides, if you never have allies, how will you ever backstab anybody?

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202: March 08, 2013, 07:32:03 AM »

Glaumring, if you don't form alliances, how are we going to get pissed at you when you don't do what we tell you to do!?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203: March 08, 2013, 07:34:48 AM »
What if Mendicant converted to SA all of a sudden, a la Constantine?

Candiels is a bit like Constantinople, bridging East and West, Europe and Asia, Toprak and the Occidens. AND Mendicant did essentially build Candiels.

Though I guess Valkyria is a bit more fitting geographically speaking.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204: March 08, 2013, 02:46:25 PM »
Why would we want less alliances?

Forming alliances is fun.

Besides, if you never have allies, how will you ever backstab anybody?

This, and if you are the only one not making alliances, you shouldn't surprise yourself if, by the time you start a war, you get seriously outnumbered.