Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042738 times)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2235: March 13, 2013, 04:45:30 AM »
It's not even about lying or intending to manipulate people so much. When you speak whatever's on your mind or let your feelings motivate your responses all the time, people can easily provoke you into doing or saying something that winds up against your best interests. Allison has that problem. Rabisu does too, though he struggles against it because he's seen how this trait can be the downfall of the great and powerful.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236: March 13, 2013, 04:47:30 AM »
I've never been very good at lying or manipulating people... :'(

Its just my honest heart and pureness... :-[
KK does it just fine. Its more that you are emotional, contradictory,  and/or insulting at times. That is not an insult just my thoughts on your character downfalls.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:49:27 AM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237: March 13, 2013, 05:03:30 AM »
KK does it just fine. Its more that you are emotional, contradictory,  and/or insulting at times. That is not an insult just my thoughts on your character downfalls.

Yes, you are correct. I believe a good character should have downfalls. For example I am watching Akira Kurosawa 'RAN' right now. Its a fairly good study of characters with downfall. I believe that BM is only interesting if it is not purely played as a game but as a story and sometimes that means playing a certain way not tried before. Like today I was playing Fallout 2 and rolled up a pure melee character who only used his fists. Just because I have never played that way before. Back to BM, I dont think anyone in Asylon wants to be the last realm standing out of pure boredom. We will continue to play in a dramatic way, we are not worried or particularly care if all of SA comes to fight us. We are used to it. And guaranteed we will win this war.  8)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238: March 13, 2013, 05:38:31 AM »
And guaranteed we will win this war.  8)

I see Mendican'ts arrogance is rubbing off.  ::)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239: March 13, 2013, 06:20:09 AM »
I've never been very good at lying or manipulating people... :'(

Its just my honest heart and pureness... :-[

LOL

This is Battlemaster bro.

It's impossible to play without becoming a grade-a manipulator, and Glaumring is a pretty good one.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240: March 13, 2013, 03:33:27 PM »
I see Mendican'ts arrogance is rubbing off.  ::)

There is a difference between arrogance and confidence. Glaumring has well placed confidence, since he actually has an inkling of what Aurvandil is planning and the size of the army we are about to raise. And that is without even knowing what's going to happen on the eastern front. It would be arrogant to assume Aurvandil won't win.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241: March 13, 2013, 04:55:22 PM »
There is a difference between arrogance and confidence. Glaumring has well placed confidence, since he actually has an inkling of what Aurvandil is planning and the size of the army we are about to raise. And that is without even knowing what's going to happen on the eastern front. It would be arrogant to assume Aurvandil won't win.

I await your Aurvandil-Luria Nova-Swordfell-Farronite Republic-Asylon-Iashalur-Libero-Zuma coalition.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242: March 13, 2013, 04:59:38 PM »
I await your Aurvandil-Luria Nova-Swordfell-Farronite Republic-Asylon-Iashalur-Libero-Zuma coalition.

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243: March 13, 2013, 05:03:18 PM »

He is all of those kingdoms are already allied with D'Hara... ;D

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244: March 13, 2013, 05:08:27 PM »
I can't tell if you're joking or not.

It's hard to tell, sometimes, isn't it?  8)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245: March 13, 2013, 05:35:04 PM »
It's hard to tell, sometimes, isn't it?  8)

Be more funny?

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246: March 13, 2013, 06:23:00 PM »
the size of the army we are about to raise

From what little I do know, I am very interested to see this as well.

I think most of us in the Moot pretty much get that, after we've realized that northern realms basically cannot help us, we're pretty much screwed.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247: March 13, 2013, 07:23:59 PM »
Well you can always join us , we all march north wipe out Astrum and reorder Dwilight.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248: March 13, 2013, 07:35:20 PM »
Well you can always join us , we all march north wipe out Astrum and reorder Dwilight.

Sounds..... really boring actually.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249: March 13, 2013, 08:25:18 PM »
You are boring and thats why you will be wiped out.