Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045526 times)

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2265: March 14, 2013, 01:58:00 AM »
haha, If it was that simple. Glaumring and Grimrog thinks alot like on many subjects, but they are far from the same. And Grimrog might listen to Glaumring, but he do not take orders from anyone. Nor do I as player.

I don't mean to imply you do as a player. But in D'Hara, Asylon is largely regarded as a rampaging barbarian horde, so Ismail just kinda figured that whoever talks the best game will get the horde's attention the most. Mob psychology basically.

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266: March 14, 2013, 02:08:20 AM »
I don't mean to imply you do as a player. But in D'Hara, Asylon is largely regarded as a rampaging barbarian horde, so Ismail just kinda figured that whoever talks the best game will get the horde's attention the most. Mob psychology basically.

Ah, roger that. And it makes sense, Glaumring is the most vocal character in Asylon that tend to spread his words all over the place, and I love him for it =).
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267: March 14, 2013, 02:45:32 AM »
I constantly make suggestions to the council and then we either do them or not. Its just that I am constantly looking for a way to survive and not just looking at obvious paths but looking at really weird angles that deal in chain reactions/ fate /destiny/ cocky luck / and being totally awesome in a guacamole bowl.

I am far from the great power of Asylon, influential perhaps but the main thing about Asylon and even when I ruled it is allow independence of all the powers, in war the general/marshals make the rules and the king merely suggests strategy but its not the job of the king to run the war. We have a diplomatic council that is composed of volunteers who go out and meet people or talk to the Zuma/nobles etc once again the king makes suggestions and the diplomatic council goes and does it if they want too.

Everything in Asylon is basically volunteer and council. Everyone who wants merely requests and we find a way to make it happen. If someone wants land we get it for them, if they need gold we deal with it. Basically we create a system where everyone is able to achieve what they want if they want it. And if you are active you can rise very quickly in Asylon, just ask Halleria who had like 15 titles in Asylon and land. The king is there to suggest and the council is there to make it happen.

We have several councils all volunteer and anyone may join them on request. And then those people make stuff like laws and diplomacy through their own dialogue and ideas.

To tell the truth I dont even know our military strategy for this war it is entirely left up to him and his council. I trust him to do his job, it has always been that way since Thulsoma, the general leads how he wishes. With the aid of his council and Marshals/Vice-Marshals etc.

The magistrate makes his own laws and we can debate etc certain aspects like in Asylon dont abuse adventurers, but you may loot any land outside of Asylon unclaimed, duel whenever you wish, call for elections and even wage a coup. The coup being supported since Asylons foundation as long as the kingdom remains a monarchy, duchies may split when they have enough resources and or nobles.

Anyone may form a religion whenever they want at anytime. Conflict between lords is encouraged. Competition is encouraged, arguing is encouraged, getting drunk and exploring. Right now we have several long running excellent RP's they are not long and windy, a paragraph here or there a day. Its great.

You think its a dictatorship its not, the system , the mechanism of Asylon is that all the parts are important and everyone with motivation from a new knight to an old royal can take the kingdom any direction they want.  And thats why we oppose SA and other kingdoms controlling us because our system is fun and healthy and interesting for those who play there and they can fullfill so many things if they just imagine it.

That is why sometimes our diplomacy or military is sometimes chaotic, its because we believe that the nobles in that position should be responsible for that job. The king makes suggestions, the councils steer the realm.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:51:22 AM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268: March 14, 2013, 03:09:08 AM »
To Crusade or not to Crusade, that is the question.

Didn't I say that like fifty pages back too?
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269: March 14, 2013, 03:17:58 AM »
To Crusade or not to Crusade, that is the question.

Didn't I say that like fifty pages back too?

How is acrusade possible? We aren't doing anything against the church... Unless the Moot counts as a religion now... :P

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270: March 14, 2013, 03:25:45 AM »
Oh, it's always possible. One needn't be a religion per se to be the target of a holy war.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271: March 14, 2013, 03:34:23 AM »
Oh, it's always possible. One needn't be a religion per se to be the target of a holy war.

Oh... Who cares? 8) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mznsEcZlM2I

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272: March 14, 2013, 03:53:46 AM »
You might care if you knew what a Crusade really meant. What it would really be.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273: March 14, 2013, 04:21:28 AM »
You might care if you knew what a Crusade really meant. What it would really be.

Every single Asylonian is waging a crusade every day they wake up. Their crusade is for freedom! Can your crusade do that?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274: March 14, 2013, 04:50:44 AM »
Every single Asylonian is waging a crusade every day they wake up. Their crusade is for freedom! Can your crusade do that?
That makes no sense. Crusades are holy wars/religious motives.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275: March 14, 2013, 04:51:05 AM »
Freedom through alliance with a stronger power? Aligning yourselves to the will of another? Putting yourselves in the same boat as Allison? A strange sort of freedom! Why, I remember when Glaumring left the Church, and why. Because Allison's presence was a corrupting influence, because they harbored and supported her always. Yet now she's no longer one of us, but being harbored and supported by Aurvandil... and you are fine with that now!

Can a SA Crusade do what you do? No. It can do much, much more.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276: March 14, 2013, 05:18:03 AM »
Your character is also taunting and making certain statements IG, you know. I mean you do know this, right?

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277: March 14, 2013, 05:23:24 AM »
Your character is also taunting and making certain statements IG, you know. I mean you do know this, right?

I removed my comment because this is just going to turn into a etc etc flamefest and Im just gonna jump out now. Bye!  8)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278: March 14, 2013, 06:24:09 AM »
A crusade isn't going to mean much.  If its a crusade against Asylon, then SA will likely lose the SA followers they have in that realm and the temples.  It won't mean much because it is likely that most of Dwilight will/has declared war on Asylon. 

All of Dwilight is at war with Aurvandil and it means very little so far.  A "Crusade" isn't going to change much of anything.  SA has had plenty of chances to declare Crusades.  Hasn't declared one on Aurvandil nor on OA.  Why would they declare one on Asylon?  Probably because they know they can't beat Aurvandil or OA...
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279: March 14, 2013, 07:03:11 AM »
Farronite Republic and Terran already out-gun Asylon, so, as far as I'm concerned the war is a foregone conclusion. A crusade won't matter one bit. Even if the outcome of the war was unsure, half of the crusaders are too far away to do anything. The other half have, or have probably, already made up their minds to join on their own volition. In any case, a crusade would merely be for show.

One thing that will be interesting to see is how the victors manage to overcome their lack of spare nobility. Ideally, the SA realms would want to destroy Asylon utterly and set up a new realm, drawing it's ranks from their own nobility. But they cannot do that, as, between all of them they have only an excess of roughly a dozen nobles. Even if all twelve of them wanted to migrate to the new realm they would be short by three, as Asylon has fifteen regions that would need to be governed. So, this conventional strategy of realm-founding wouldn't be particularly viable. Other strategies, such as looting Asylon's regions to revolt, in order to destroy it and leave the lands as empty husks, would probably be too much effort on the players' parts. Who would want to continually journey back and forth looting and refitting over and over again to the extent necessary for cleansing such a large area? Probably not many people. Asides from those two strategies, I cannot think of a way to resolve this war in a consequential manner. Any resolution which leads Asylon alive isn't much of a resolution at all, as Asylon could merely start the whole thing anew without suffering any consequences which it would have not already suffered. Basically, thanks to the lack of will-to-power on the part of it's enemies, Asylon is eternal.