Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045956 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2310: March 15, 2013, 03:53:53 AM »
Same.

I can see him ending the war, but only by demanding vassalage and public apology/recognition of responsibility.

I for one, as a player, would love to see the Aurvandil war end totally. It has been an RP sink for me and I think the entire region. With it over, everyone will be able to move on to new and more interesting things.

We sure have, and ideas for post-war action aren't hard to come by.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311: March 15, 2013, 04:18:48 AM »
Same.

I can see him ending the war, but only by demanding vassalage and public apology/recognition of responsibility.

I for one, as a player, would love to see the Aurvandil war end totally. It has been an RP sink for me and I think the entire region. With it over, everyone will be able to move on to new and more interesting things.

amen bruv.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312: March 15, 2013, 04:33:01 AM »
They spawned two realms, which nothing forced them to, which is more than Asylon could ever say.
The Provincia thing wasn't a serious attempt at a realm. It was a time waster, designed to occupy (and quite possibly insult) the Moot while Aurvandil went home. No one ever expected it to last.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313: March 15, 2013, 06:44:48 AM »
The Provincia thing wasn't a serious attempt at a realm. It was a time waster, designed to occupy (and quite possibly insult) the Moot while Aurvandil went home. No one ever expected it to last except for Asylon.

FTFY
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314: March 15, 2013, 06:57:21 AM »
Mendicant sort of thought it could live, too. Or, at least, he implied that much at one point. Only later on would Mendicant's player change his tune, saying he never expected the realm to live. So, either the player was separating his own beliefs from Mendicant's, he changed his mind, or he was lying in order to trick people.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315: March 15, 2013, 07:02:01 AM »
Moot Nobles could go a number of places. Some to SA realms, but which ones?

I'm sure Iashalur would be happy to help set them up in Asyloni territory should anything untoward happen to Terran :P besides, in the meantime they could enjoy 15% of Darfix's income.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #2316: March 15, 2013, 11:36:51 AM »
I don't recall exactly why. I think he thinks Terran is bullying the rest of the moot into decisions or something.

They sort of did  :P
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317: March 15, 2013, 12:24:00 PM »
The Provincia thing wasn't a serious attempt at a realm. It was a time waster, designed to occupy (and quite possibly insult) the Moot while Aurvandil went home. No one ever expected it to last.

They still didn't have to.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318: March 15, 2013, 02:03:43 PM »
They spawned two realms, which nothing forced them to, which is more than Asylon could ever say.

Wtf are you talking about you goon? D'Hara has never founded a realm. Asylon formed Angroth. You really are a constant !@#$ disturber arent you?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319: March 15, 2013, 02:07:14 PM »
I find the idea that Aurvandil wants diversity to be... lacking in credulity.

Says the guy who supports unlimited clone realms and clone religion and threatens to wipe out any realm under their control who tries to do anything different.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320: March 15, 2013, 02:15:19 PM »
Despite the inaccuracy of your statements.... I never claimed to want diversity, did I?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321: March 15, 2013, 03:29:29 PM »
Despite the inaccuracy of your statements.... I never claimed to want diversity, did I?

Same here. D'Hara is a Marrocidentalist realm, we seek expansion of civilization. We never said we wanted to create a billion new realms.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322: March 15, 2013, 03:49:43 PM »
Mendicant would never demand vassalage from anyone.

If Aurvandil didn't want diversity, we wouldn't have invited Allison and the Averothoi over would we? Both of whom are vastly different from Orvandeaux culture.

The Provincia could have been saved as an actual realm, but it served more purpose as a throwaway chess piece, it wasn't long after it's founding that Aurvandil got hit badly by war protests, so we decided it would be better to offer up the Provincia for conquest and focus on repairing Aurvandil. Which, luckily our foes decided to hit Paisly rather than Aurvandil, they could actually have damaged the Commonwealth if they had. Mendicant could have gone either way over Paisly basically, but we never really wanted Paisly and never wanted to diminish the territory of the Moot.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323: March 15, 2013, 03:54:55 PM »
Mendicant would never demand vassalage from anyone.

If Aurvandil didn't want diversity, we wouldn't have invited Allison and the Averothoi over would we? Both of whom are vastly different from Orvandeaux culture.

The Provincia could have been saved as an actual realm, but it served more purpose as a throwaway chess piece, it wasn't long after it's founding that Aurvandil got hit badly by war protests, so we decided it would be better to offer up the Provincia for conquest and focus on repairing Aurvandil. Which, luckily our foes decided to hit Paisly rather than Aurvandil, they could actually have damaged the Commonwealth if they had. Mendicant could have gone either way over Paisly basically, but we never really wanted Paisly and never wanted to diminish the territory of the Moot.

So all he wants is fight Falkirk? or what does he want? or whom does he wish to fight?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324: March 15, 2013, 04:10:17 PM »

And that is why we fight you. To preserve our own future cultures of tomorrow. Ironically enough im reading a book about the rise of Islam and crusader kings. SA is the HRE and Islam all in one.